test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KHG Mk XII Photon Grenade Launcher nerfed since Season 7?

tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Klingon Discussion
Hi, i logged in to play with my Orion Tactical Officer today and noticed that while doing ground combat with my KHG Mk XII Photon Grenade Launcher:

- 4 days ago and before that, EVERYTIME i triggered the grenade launcher, the grenade always exploded ON CONTACT.

- Now today, when fighting some Breens on planet Zaria, the grenade definitely was taking more time to detonate. The grenade simply fell at the feet of enemies and layed there maybe for a 1 second before exploding.

Let me say that the added delay before detonation is long enough that enemies can often be already far away before the explosion.

So am i crazy? Is it a stealth nerf? I see nothing about it in the patch notes. Please anyone experienced with the KHG Mk XII can confirm the launcher seem to be acting strangely?

I then equipped a Kit with Plasma Grenade ability and tested a hand grenade and those seem to work fine. The plasma grenade detonated as soon as it touched ground. Just sayin... So if it was LAG then why was the plasma exploding just fine on contact and not the launched photon?

I sent a bug report but maybe it is working as intended and was modified by devs on purpose. I would like to know if and why.

Thanks
Post edited by tali9999 on

Comments

• gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The gun is already pre-gimped.. It shouldn't share a CD with other grenades IMO

Limits the DPS from Tacts who wear any kit that has grenades on it.... especially the Grenade Satchel
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Quite, on top of that, it also doesn't get a lot of buffs from the other two classes, since they can't buff their damage, or put points into Grenades
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tali9999 wrote: »
    Hi, i logged in to play with my Orion Tactical Officer today and noticed that while doing ground combat with my KHG Mk XII Photon Grenade Launcher:

- 4 days ago and before that, EVERYTIME i triggered the grenade launcher, the grenade always exploded ON CONTACT.

- Now today, when fighting some Breens on planet Zaria, the grenade definitely was taking more time to detonate. The grenade simply fell at the feet of enemies and layed there maybe for a 1 second before exploding.

Let me say that the added delay before detonation is long enough that enemies can often be already far away before the explosion.

So am i crazy? Is it a stealth nerf? I see nothing about it in the patch notes. Please anyone experienced with the KHG Mk XII can confirm the launcher seem to be acting strangely?

I then equipped a Kit with Plasma Grenade ability and tested a hand grenade and those seem to work fine. The plasma grenade detonated as soon as it touched ground. Just sayin... So if it was LAG then why was the plasma exploding just fine on contact and not the launched photon?

I sent a bug report but maybe it is working as intended and was modified by devs on purpose. I would like to know if and why.

Thanks

this has been happing to me for ages long before season 7 tho i dont know why. its anoying it like its a dud and a few seconds later it explodes but bad guys already moved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Considering every Fed will run around with an Adapted Grenadelauncher in a few month maybe the devs just wanted to nerf the overall grenadespam beforehand.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    Considering every Fed will run around with an Adapted Grenadelauncher in a few month maybe the devs just wanted to nerf the overall grenadespam beforehand.

And I am sure they will all cry for a huge buff because the mean ole' Borg stepped away from the grenade and they couldn't kill them, blah blah blah, or something over the top like that.

Putting that aside for the moment, it actually will be nice in the future, for both sides, to use the two weapons, they will actually make a very good combo on the ground. Honor Guard pulsewave for short ranged attacks and the grenade. Maco sniper for longer ranged stuff.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe so, mimey, but I'll still miss my arcwave attack. :(

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • khelioshramkhelioshram Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They nerfed my "Ker-Chunk WHAM!" those those those... GRRRRRRRR!

Second only to the Bat-leth for me as a KDF weapon of choice...

It means I never got to do the Immortal scene..

Roach. ROACH..

what?

Feddy in wire, Warrior.. Feddy in the wire!

*in the distance* Hey Lobster head, betcha cant hiit.. yea.. not even safe to stick your outnumber skull ridge where we can see it.. Go home Lobster head go home!

Roach.. he's close *anxiously*

Yea, I know *Roach wraps his arm around the sling of his launcher, elevates the tube, and fires.

Foooomp! Ker-Chunk....... Wham!

*Ha! you call they shooting... my dead grandmother can shoot better then that and for that matter better then your entire benighted....

*Roach makes a small correction*

Foooomp! Ker-Chunk....... Wham!

*the shouting breaks off at the sound of the detonation, followed by a long agonizing scream with a short sobbing death rattle. Satisfaction shows in Warrior Roach's face.

General Stahl of the KDF who just witnissed the phenominal display of skill and markmanship turns to Roach...

Warrior! Who commands here?

The warrior known as Roach looks up before blugging his earphones back in with a puzzled look and replys...

Aren't you.... sir?

*end scene shot of Bird of prey shooting asteroid drifts at very high speed with a cargo palet on a tractor teather with shouting warriors, obviously enjoying them selves while they ride it with no other protection other then thier enviorment suits. The nusic of the Rolling Stones song "Satisfaction" plays in the backround while the warriors sing along with Mic Jagger in Klingonasse
  • khelioshramkhelioshram Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    se passib!

and you must drag yourself through the agony of watching " Apocolypse Now" (preferably the later directors cut edition..the French plantation family would make GREAT Klingons..

The scene tweaked is the night battle at the bridge..

which reminds me a lot of the current state of PvP in its contribution to the over all metagame of STO.. (being facitious.. it doesn't contribute anything to the game.. damd shame to.. it could have...)

of course I'm even more crazy nasty about STO and trek canon in that players should NEVER be Admirals or Generals in this game unless they really are commanding fleets.

*over heard at Quarks "You want rank insignia for a Federation Admiral or a KDF General?.. check the floor.. somes bound to have dropped some."
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only change I've noticed it that it has an initial burst of damage, then a few seconds later it has a second one when the green bubbly things explode. It hasn't been bothering me any, I thought it was actually a little better. I haven't done any calculations, so I could be wrong, but again it doesn't bother me.
    I have found myself disarming it or just keeping it as a secondary weapon to keep the set buffs. I think a standard Pulsewave Assault has a more useful secondary fire mode anyways.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tossing the grenade gets an explosion on impact, but with the PWA launcher you see a burning fuse after impact, about 3 seconds. Launch a grenade and fire the pw to keep the targets from walking away until the grenade detonates, by that time the other grenade cooldowns will have expired so a tossed grenade should finish off the bad guys.

Gimped ? I dunno- never used it pre-s7 but I think it should explode on contact also, and not share a cooldown with thrown grenades but I've learned to live with the 'new' way the weapons work.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG