test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just unlocked tier 1 and wow.

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't hate the new system but it's not, in any way superior to the system it replaced.

Personal bugbears:

1 day 16 hours is too long for the projects - 20-24 hours max would be reasonable then we could see daily progress.

Having to wait 3+ days to buy Mk X MACO once you've unlocked it is completely unreasonable - make the purchasing projects 1 hour max.

The cost in Commodities for each set of two Romulan/Omega projects even at Tier 1 works out at about 125,000 EC across my 3 characters - with reduced loot dropping in game this seems a little harsh - Commodities required should be 50% of what they are now.

And for me at least, there's little (if anything) of value in the Tier 1 unlocks - and charging 30 Doffs for Scorpion Fighters (plus the Dilithium etc.) is just robbery.

This whole thing needs a workover, and it needs it fast.

They are buffing loot drops pretty substantially in the next couple of weeks. Most tougher mobs are being given an 80% chance of dropping green or better.

Like I say, the big thing for me is that you have to use project rather than upgrade slots for gear. So why would anyone opt for the gear until they hit T5?

It's just 70 days to T5. So I probably won't look at the store unlocks or item upgrades until I hit T5.
  • g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I`m afraid, needless to talk with them anymore, they not so interested in. Uncureable tyrants. They are so far proud about their community, but they never discuss the main changes with us. Yes, there is "ask cryptic", but mostly the answers are not so interesting for me. I`m not always crying, I`m usually post positive feedbacks too. Dan gave some dil back, sorry I`m not gratefull. And now the reputation system is slow. The borg stfs are far hard. It is not fun. The New Romulus is a dull children toy, nothing else. For me S7 is a bad dream.

My suggestion is to ask lot of more money monthly, like 50-100 usd and make the game easy and fun for that players who like to pay it. Pay to win is better them pay to suck. And you can finance your other ideas from it.

I`m voting with my money.....
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LMAO, way to f'up a game!

With those prices I would only play the rep sys for the passive skills, nothing else, but I plan on just log every now and then til I find another MMO to play (not Neverwinter btw since thats gonna be screwed up from the beginning judging from what STO has become)
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    glxtrader1 wrote: »
    LMAO, way to f'up a game!

With those prices I would only play the rep sys for the passive skills, nothing else, but I plan on just log every now and then til I find another MMO to play (not Neverwinter btw since thats gonna be screwed up from the beginning judging from what STO has become)

Ha yeah with regards to Neverwinter since playing this game I've decided I'll stick to DDO...

Must say I've lost a lot of heart in this game post Season 7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One question: do you need Mk X unlocks? If yes, you're a casual and then you shouldn't care about a 40h timer because you'll log in next weekend and grab your reward at this time. It not, then, there's no reason to complain and you'll get your Mk XII stuff at tier 5, when you have no more projects to run, next month. :D

I agree on the fact that unlocks should be moved to the 3rd slot but you could say it politely...
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    One question: do you need Mk X unlocks? If yes, you're a casual and then you shouldn't care about a 40h timer because you'll log in next weekend and grab your reward at this time. It not, then, there's no reason to complain and you'll get your Mk XII stuff at tier 5, when you have no more projects to run, next month. :D

I agree on the fact that unlocks should be moved to the 3rd slot but you could say it politely...

60 days minimum.

2800 rep points per 40 hours. that's about 37 x 40 = appx 100,000.

divide that by 24 and the number you get is 60. 60 days not 30.

From Mr. Stahl himself.

I personally can't sustain my fleet and do the embassy and this, so basically it's just become to big a mountain to climb. I'm actually quite depressed about it to be honest :/.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    480 hours to get 4 complete sets of MK XII armor for our Boff? I'll take it! Considering I ran over 750 Elite STF's on my main character before I got a Proto drop of any kind.

My best advice if your going to gripe about the future be sure You remember how it really was in the past.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But it often backfires with people like me who look at it and say "I already have one job, I don't need another"

I was already waffling as to whether I was going to keep playing after recently returning to the game.

This is just how I'm feeling!

I already have a full time job and if I'm going to pick up another I'd like to be paid for it :mad:

I miss flying my Vo'Quv!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xzemexxzemex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    avarseir wrote: »
    Valid argument there on luck, but lets consider if there're no drops at all for common tech, it still takes 60 normal STF runs to get your full mkX ground set. Which probably works out to be longer than the current system.. unless you do the STFs consecutively and just STF after STF. Plus, if you're a new player.. you have no business in Elite STFs right? You don't get blown up that easily in Normal STF if you know whats going on.

Lets see.. 60 STFs = 1800 marks (30 Marks per STF). You don't need that many marks to unlock all the MkX gear right? Plus 10.5K dils which you can earn other way and some token items like generators, shield charges, easily obtained from vendors.

If you include the time taken to run the 60 STFs, everything can be quite tiring.. now you can load the project, go to sleep or watch survivor with your wife, play hide and seek with your children, checking your investment portfolio, go to the gym, play some golf then come back with your gear completed. That's for the average player.

IF you're hardcore.. and you haven't gotten your Mk12 gear for all your alts and boffs by now, i'd say you're not hardcore enough :D

My argument remains: New system is good, but the requirements (both time and resources) are steep.. reduce that by say 30% and you have a nice system in place.

**I'm off to catch a connecting flight to London, so I may not reply for sometime. Be nice guys :)

Bro, I can tell you I'm more casual a player than you, (Military life, Wife and dog), and I can say for certain being a new player as well, (I made VA a few days before S7 came out.) that this system is an obvious ploy to make there content last longer (old content mind you) and make more revenue. But what it will do is have the opposite effect. I have no reason to really play. I easily earned 100+ marks in an hour, no I have no reason to do STF's.

STF's were the main fun of the game after hitting VA. I at least earned something after every game. Not to mention the rate at which you gain dilitium has been nerfed. Those last few days after I hit VA, I was more than able to adequately gear myself with MkXI to be the top DPS in every Elite I queued in. I even managed to get two pieces of MkXII in a matter of a day or two. So lets not sit around and act like the old system isnt geared for casual players. Random drop based systems have been in every major MMO.

And if your priorities are to spend more time with the wife and kids, check your investment portfolio, golf and go to the gym. Why are you playing this game? Your idea of a casual gamer is not a casual gamer. I play on average an hour or two a night. That's casual.

Do me a favor, don't allow your priorities affect the pace and challenge of a game so that its simply easier for you to not put in any actual effort and just click a queue button and come back every 40 hours and have your gear served to you on a silver platter. Its a game, its meant to have challenge, its meant to be PLAYED.

As it is, I'm at a stand still for the next few weeks on gearing my VA as before I could as least make some progress every night. And you support this system? Serious priority check bro, either don't play this game and focus on your priorities that matter to you, or actually play the game.

Don't support a system that ruins it for those who actually want to play.

end /rant
  • rhazael1984rhazael1984 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Truth be told i''d rather had they trippled the prices on the items per tier and give them instantly then having to run 40 hour projects.

ie. when you unlocked tier one after 81 hours, you can get the MK X set instantly for like 750 omega points or w/e. instead of having to run another 40 hour project...

IMHO right now all you''re doing STF''s for is to kill time till the 40 hours are over (provided you have enough marks to do next tier research).

at least pre-s7 you would go into an STF with the idea of "" might get something nice"" instead of "" 18 hours till next unlock""

I realize there''s other stuff to do ingame besides STF but dunno seems like right now you''d only grind for enough marks to get your next tier research done.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They are buffing loot drops pretty substantially in the next couple of weeks. Most tougher mobs are being given an 80% chance of dropping green or better.

Like I say, the big thing for me is that you have to use project rather than upgrade slots for gear. So why would anyone opt for the gear until they hit T5?

It's just 70 days to T5. So I probably won't look at the store unlocks or item upgrades until I hit T5.

That's my only big complaint as well. It should definitely use the upgrade slot,
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic should take a page from NCsoft and arena net to improve what they got....I'm done defending sto, I still love new romulus and Im good with the dilithium channels they put in, but the reputation system is broken and if its not broken in which case they intended it this way then they have officially failed.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its almost as if with the reputation system the developers are saying don't play the game. The reputation system is def not geared for the avid gamer. someone who may spend 4 plus hrs a day playing.
    STF's are now ok i played, 1 got enough marks for the next project, what to do with myself for the next 2 days whilst i'm time gated. I can't buy **** as there are no edc's, rare salvage,proto-salvage or tech drops to trade in to Roxie for gear.

I miss the old system yes the random drops were frustrating at times but not as bad as people were making out. At least it gave you reason to play, i may get lucky and get the tech. or get rare-proto-salvage to top my dil

Right now with Season 7 i'm logging in doing my doffs and thinking i can't be asked to run STF's theres very little reward for the effort that goes into them

Thanks Cryptic/PWE you are a step closer to killing the game.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I discovered this this morning and came here to post about it. Having the requisitions and store unlocks 1) take *40* hours to complete and 2) be slotted in the advancement slots instead of the upgrade slot (like where the borg neutral processor > dil conversion project goes) is just really bad.

I'm OK with the rep system, but these two things really need to be changed.
  • kurtzroykurtzroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Everyone who says he farmed for 5 months without a drop is a flat out liar.

Maybe you remember yourself wanting the set for 5 months...

I made a character after I heard about the sets going in season 7 and I got everything including MK XII ground - plus I had to level it first.

I never had any problems on any of my characters, but say it WAS true, do you really think it's fair to kill everything on stf just so you can get your ground set?

Anyway I am pretty sure you can skip the MK XI, however you will need MK XII for the adapted version unlock.
    I am a little annoyed at people like you, it's your fault we are in this mess in the first place

Not calling anyone a liar......... But this ^^^^^

Most of my Mark 12 gear comes from failed optionals, and I outfited my Main Captain with full mark 12 Omega/MACO sets with 2 sets of Mark 12 anti-borg weapons, and 3 different torps in about a month. I waited until last minute to rush and get my Eng cap/KDF cap Mark 11 gear took about a 2 weeks. I have the worst luck in MMO's + I am lazy when it comes to endgame. What would have taken me a month tops to finish will now take 3 times longer and cost much more.

The previous system droprate wasn't even bad compared to other MMO's (look up Final Fantasy 11 Salvage armor pre-update 0.03% droprate on needed components says "hi")

Sorry but anyone who thinks this rep system is in place to help them is misguided, naive, or silly (no offense but cryptic likes those kind of players).
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patrickngo wrote: »
    This Rep system ONLY works if your whole universe revolves around playing STO from the time you get up, until you finally MUST sleep.

Not so. To advance in the system, you just need to do Mark missions a couple of times a week. And then log in periodically to start your next set of Rep projects. Getting the gear out of the Reputation stores will require some dedicated time to acquire Dilihtium. But it's not hard is your aren't striving for the full 8K per day. You can easily get 5.5K per day with 1 - 1.5 hours of play time doing the Dilihtium Dailies in Eta Eridai, Breen Daillies, Strange New Wolrds (Exploration Daily) and the Mining daily. If you have more time, you can do the STFs or FAs.
  • itslieutenantdanitslieutenantdan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Remove the big time gate on buying stuff and lower the dilithium price on the stuff in the store would make me like the system. We play enough not to have to live on this game. I have to work to make money to play this game. You like my money right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    Not so. To advance in the system, you just need to do Mark missions a couple of times a week. And then log in periodically to start your next set of Rep projects. Getting the gear out of the Reputation stores will require some dedicated time to acquire Dilihtium. But it's not hard is your aren't striving for the full 8K per day. You can easily get 5.5K per day with 1 - 1.5 hours of play time doing the Dilihtium Dailies in Eta Eridai, Breen Daillies, Strange New Wolrds (Exploration Daily) and the Mining daily. If you have more time, you can do the STFs or FAs.

Pretty much this.

I'm in a weird situation in that the switch to Season 7 has hobbled my impetus to play for hours at a time. The new reputation systems (time sinks) don't encourage this. For the Omega alone, we can run a 9-minute Elite STF, get the optional, and have more than enough marks to suffice for days of 40h projects. The Romulan marks aren't much different. I don't know future project costs but it seems that '2 month completion' quote is more weighted towards the duration of the projects than the actual work required.

Because of the project duration compared to contributions, it isn't so much a grind now, as it is...well...gardening. Pop in Monday to water the plants, come back Wednesday and see how the leaves are doing.

I can just hear a dev muttering 'Well what more do you want?! You asked for less grind!' It's weird saying these things because of the whole argument about the amount of grind in S7. Dilithium's still time-intensive to earn alone. But unlocking these reputation tiers is more an exercise in just not playing the game and letting it do its thing. This may not be the much-hated grind, but it is a means of artificially extending the content duration and keeping us from running out of things to do, too soon.

It's working for me. I'm working more on outside art projects than I ever did pre-S7. :)

I will say I am not complaining heavily just yet, I just find it something hard to wrap my head around whether I like it or not... On the plus side, I feel like I'm getting somewhere...even if it's in 40 hour chunks which are helping me play less and get more stuff done (around Fleet Starbase burnout). On the minus side, these systems are not engaging content that gives me the Star Trek experience I tune in to play. I'd have to focus on the actual content of the repeatables for that.

So..weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    glxtrader1 wrote: »
    With those prices I would only play the rep sys for the passive skills, nothing else...

Me too. It's just not worth it...

...and without the gear is it worth doing stf at all?
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Me too. It's just not worth it...

...and without the gear is it worth doing stf at all?

Was it ever worth doing STFs? It's not like the gear from STFs ever did anything except make STFs easier, so if you aren't doing the STFs for fun, then a cyclical gear system isn't going to do a lot for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »

No, this is not what was intended.

DStahl said himself that the purpose of Dilithium changes in Season 7 was so that everyone would refining more than the average of 3000 per day ;).

I don't know where you guys get this from but I have to spend 20 minutes per Character each day just to make Fleet Marks for the base, I need to add to that Romulan Marks, Dilithium and Omega marks as well as set up my doffs before I can actually do something out of routine... sorry but with 3 Characters and trying to support a fleet, it's just too much.

Lol @ 1.5 hours...:rolleyes:

This is an absolute killer for the casual and weekend player as well, everything requires periodically logging in for people who work hard during the week this system is pointless. Then when they get free time on the weekends they have little or nothing to do beyond hollow STF's and scanning rocks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The main problem I see is just that the times are too high for the things to complete, 40 hours, 2 days, too long. They need to cut the time in half, period. Also, the passives being permanent anger me to no end, that should not be that way.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A respec feature is supposedly in the works according to the devs. No doubt it'll be another 40 hour project that'll cost dilithium and will reset our reputation skill points. :rolleyes:
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chiisauma wrote: »
    I said "no" to the whole "personal starbase" tier system before this was discovered. It is stupid to have to spend months just to re-earn something you previously had; insanely expensive, and majorly time consuming and generally more of a hassle then I could possibly want to deal with.

If I had an extra 40~ish hours a week to dedicate to something; I would spend that time at a second job to earn money, not spend that time grinding for virtual items and paying for the privelige of doing so.

On the plus side, now I get to laugh loudly and shake my head derisively while saying "No".

Congratulations this is the one Thousandth Customer dissatisfied!

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just hate that it has discouraged gaming and playing STFs. In the past, I had need to play STFs for things, now, I play one or two STFs and I'm good for the next week or more of projects, so need to play anymore. How could anyone at Cryptic realize this would not happen? I end up spending less time in sto, cause I don't need to be there while projects complete in 2 days. It's pretty crazy.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    now, I play one or two STFs and I'm good for the next week or more of projects.

shhhhh they will nerf marks :P sorry had to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    Was it ever worth doing STFs? It's not like the gear from STFs ever did anything except make STFs easier, so if you aren't doing the STFs for fun, then a cyclical gear system isn't going to do a lot for you.

I agree, it is. But who would start now? As better people than me have said, and I paraphrase: who wants to play missions with guys who are not kitted up? This is a killer for stf, the only ones who will be left are the hardcore (who mostly have all the good kit already) and the kiddies with unlimited access to daddies credit cards.
    edited November 2012
    I agree, it is. But who would start now? As better people than me have said, and I paraphrase: who wants to play missions with guys who are not kitted up? This is a killer for stf, the only ones who will be left are the hardcore (who mostly have all the good kit already) and the kiddies with unlimited access to daddies credit cards.

Lol the prestige premium end game levels for the entire game... and no one is playing them.

Just a month ago before S7 was announced there was a steady stream of games running on all major STF channels... now just assimilated tumbleweed roams the channels.:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can somewhat understand the rep system, it only takes a lil work to get it advancing. They want players to play other content. The problem is the other content is worse than stfs. Give me some better gear drops and dilithium on all the missions, replays and the fleet stuff and the romulan stuff too. Then we can run a few stfs, and other content during our game play and still be able to buy end game gear. As of now its one stf, one romulan quest, some fleet stuff then grind the dilithium quest.