test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 14, 2012

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.24

General:
  • The proper contact portrait will now be displayed when turning in New Romulus missions via the Hail button.
  • The Vesta's Graviton Shield FX will now display properly on the nacelles.
  • Fixed minor typos in Steamrunner Rewardpack descriptions.
  • Updated Fleet Action rewards:
    • They now grant 480 Dilithium for space and 640 Dilithium for ground.
  • Updated the T5 Steamrunner base stats.
    • All base stats, HP, Shields, etc., were increased to T5 levels, including Shield Modifier.
  • Added Dilithium ore to STF mission rewards.
  • Private queues are currently disabled for both PvE and PvP.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.24

General:
      • All base stats, HP, Shields, etc., were increased to T5 levels, including Shield Modifier.

Good to know those fixes are on the way.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ST.25.20121026a.24

General:
    • The proper contact portrait will now be displayed when turning in New Romulus missions via the Hail button.

Is this related to the bugs that prevent said private queues from displaying the correct number of players unless you changed instances?
  • Options
    thef0xguythef0xguy Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ST.25.20121026a.24

General:
      *]Updated Fleet Action rewards:

Wait. You mean your reducing them from 1440?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Well better than nothing.

But you guys really should restore the full amount, after all there is no EDCs or Salvage to convert to extra Dilithium anymore. (Except the 5 BNP for 1000 DL).

Do the right thing and give players the option of to choose how they want to play. Do they want to do Fleet Actions or do they want to do STFs or maybe alternate to keep the game fresh and fun.
    • Options
      meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      ST.25.20121026a.24

General:

What other "fixes" are going in this patch? The complete removal of Dilithium from the "Explore 3 systems" daily(s) ? Sorry, but after the ridiculous BLUNDER perpetuated on the STO community by the STO devs (mostly Mr Stahl), I have a hard time seeing anything GOOD come out of Season 7. My cynicism is at an all-time high.

I'm with Azurian on this. A better line-up is this:

Normal STFs: 720 Dil
      Elite STFs: 1440 Dil
      Fleet Actions: 1440 Dil (BOTH ground and space)

If you want, you could give Fleet Actions the same 60 min cooldown that STFs currently have. Preferrably i'd like to see STF cooldowns REDUCED to 30 min, but we're not in a "perfect world".

I really HATE the decision to reward Ground Fleet Actions, higher than Space Fleet Actions. There are a great many (myself included), who refuse to run Ground content, due to the lackluster "Ground Combat".
      HvGQ9pH.png
    • Options
      hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      ST.25.20121026a.24
      Private queues are currently disabled for both PvE and PvP.

Uh, is there any explanation for this?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2012
        • They now grant 480 Dilithium for space and 640 Dilithium for ground. NO Just NO.. leave it at 1440 as they are a grind already with the cooldown and take the equal time to warent the proper amount.
      • Added Dilithium ore to STF mission rewards. Thank you for adding at least the ore back onto STF's. There was no reason to remove them in the first place.
      Please add for all missions at least a reward of 100 ore for those that are new and old that still would like to rerun the missions. This would allow people to still earn dilithium without being forced to run the stf's and fleet actions.
      [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
      Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
      The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
    • Options
      megraemegrae Member Posts: 58 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      the Disabling the private PVE queues is gonna suck.. I do hope you all get that fixed asap. I rather enjoy playing my KDF character with my Federation friends/fleet. Seems I won't be able to for a while now :(

Twilight, Particle Physicist that stole the ship.
      Original Signup date: August 4, 2008
      LTS since Pre-Order
    • Options
      meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      th3xr34p3r wrote: »
      [/LIST]
      Please add for all missions at least a reward of 100 ore for those that are new and old that still would like to rerun the missions. This would allow people to still earn dilithium without being forced to run the stf's and fleet actions.

THIS, a hundred times over.

I have no need to "Replay" any of the Episodic content, just to get gear that I have since LONG abandoned in favor of BETTER gear. But if you were to add a small Dilithium reward (even if it's only 50-100), I may be inclined to run a few of the funner episodes. And it works out nicely for new players, or alt characters, to gain Dilithium over the course of regular activities.
      hatepwe wrote: »

You mean, besides the fact that the new PVE Queue window, doesn't allow players to filter Public/Private queues? Or the fact that Private queues have been broken since S7 launched.
      HvGQ9pH.png
    • Options
      timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      Those ground FA missions are more time intensive and require a greater amount of team work, so the better reward is ok in my book.
      11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    • Options
      mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      Uh turning off private queues... you guys must be kidding.. this game is boring enough now we cant even duel or cross faction stf anymore? Fix that asap!!

Theres a work around for the can't start problem btw.. just have the host leave, host switches over to someone else, reinvite him back and whoever is the new host usually can press start.
    • Options
      thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
      edited November 2012

:(

Please get them working soon!
    • Options
      mikehawk77mikehawk77 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      Just went on tribble. No dilithium is mentioned in STF rewards. :rolleyes:

Ninja'd back out
    • Options
      jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      meurik wrote: »
      What other "fixes" are going in this patch? The complete removal of Dilithium from the "Explore 3 systems" daily(s) ? Sorry, but after the ridiculous BLUNDER perpetuated on the STO community by the STO devs (mostly Mr Stahl), I have a hard time seeing anything GOOD come out of Season 7. My cynicism is at an all-time high.

I'm with Azurian on this. A better line-up is this:

Normal STFs: 720 Dil
      Elite STFs: 1440 Dil
      Fleet Actions: 1440 Dil (BOTH ground and space)

If you want, you could give Fleet Actions the same 60 min cooldown that STFs currently have. Preferrably i'd like to see STF cooldowns REDUCED to 30 min, but we're not in a "perfect world".

I really HATE the decision to reward Ground Fleet Actions, higher than Space Fleet Actions. There are a great many (myself included), who refuse to run Ground content, due to the lackluster "Ground Combat".

Although that would be really nice. I think the numbers should be a little more balanced.

Normal STF's: 720
      Elite STF's: 1440
      Fleet Actions: 720

My reason for the fleet actions being lower than your estimate but higher than what the incoming value will be is simple. FA's also give you loot where STF's no longer do other than some craptacular marks that I couldn't care less about.
      hatepwe wrote: »

This is because the person who creates the private instance is stuck with a window for an empty fleet action that they can't close through the entire instance. Something testing should of caught and was mentioned by me during the Tribble Test Weekend but went ignored and got shoved onto Holodeck! :mad:
    • Options
      thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      jcsww wrote: »
      This is because the person who creates the private instance is stuck with a window for an empty fleet action that they can't close through the entire instance. Something testing should of caught and was mentioned by me during the Tribble Test Weekend but went ignored and got shoved onto Holodeck! :mad:

More importantly (from Cryptic's perspective), you could queue for SB24 in a private instance, set the map level to like, 4, win the instance in about 5 minutes, and you wouldn't end up with a cooldown. People were earning 15k dilithium/hour, so they likely disabled the queues as a stop-gap until they can fix them correctly.
    • Options
      ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      th3xr34p3r wrote: »

Reaper, I think you are moving in the right direction here. I was kind of thinking the same thing while I was playing today. Specifically what came to my mind was to do the following:

1) Skill points earned by max-level characters no longer convert to expertise.
      2) Instead, every 10 skill points earned by a max level characters equals 1 dilithium ore, with a minimum of 1 per award.

This would mean that...
        Most NPC kills would yield 1-2 ore Chart the B'Tran would yield 99 ore, giving it some incentive over the non-Vice Admiral zones but not the strong synergy it had at 1440. Replaying "Stranded in Space" would give 223 ore, about half the reward of playing a fleet action, and probably fairly accurately reflecting the time commitment.

A system like this would guarantee a constant "background" income for people who play, making it easier for the Devs to achieve their goal of the "4 hour work day" and also rewarding endgame players for a broader variety of activities. At the same time, the individual income levels would be low enough to not edge out FAs, STFs, and high-yield dailies as the main "grindy" ore sources.

This approach also has the added value of reinforcing the concept of Dilithium as "endgame XP" that promotes ongoing character development and obviating the need for wrapper missions to accomplish similar incentivization of currently non-dilithium-generating content.

Anyway, if any Devs are reading, you know you want to do this. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase?
    • Options
      nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      Then they would need to remove expertise from all the reputation projects as it would not be obtainable anymore.
      Delirium Tremens
      Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
      Nothing to do anymore.
      http://dtfleet.com/
      Visit our Youtube channel
    • Options
      ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      f2pdrakron wrote: »
      They are also used to level BO abilities, how you would "fix" that?

It seems some people are desperate for their Dilithium fix, either because they want to buy everything in the Store without spending a cent or because they want to buy everything NOW and there is a Dilithium cost.

Problem is not Dilithium per say but the Dilithium costs that can always be adjusted, one thing is adjusting so its not the cost of a week of maximum refining and another is injecting more Dilithium into the system, that solves nothing as it just maintains the issues by creating other problems.

Just to clarify, most missions reward both expertise and skill points. However, at 50 all of the skill points get converted into expertise. So... if a mission gives 2200 of each to characters 1-49, a 50 will just get 4400 expertise. This isn't don't be altering the mission, but instead on a 'receiver end' conversion that automatically converts the [useless] skill points into expertise.

Disclaimer: unless I completely misunderstand how the game works

What I'm proposing is to leave the actual reward expertise intact, just to convert the [useless] skill points in a different way.