test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dialogue on the Dilithium Changes

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
Whats up with it? What care bear at Cryptic Studios thought it was a good idea to make Dilithium pink? IT'S AWFUL!

How bout making it blue. Heck I'd settle for yellow or green. ANYTHING BUT PINK. :P
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree, we must make dilithium another colour, the pink is awful and hurts my eyes and gives me headaches if I look at it for more than a second.
    WHAT. IT's PURPLE IT SHOULD BE PURPLE
  • Options
    lobsterhands19lobsterhands19 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    WHAT. IT's PURPLE IT SHOULD BE PURPLE

Green!!! :D
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dilithium

In cannon , it's clearly pink in color.
    Just not the bright glowy color we have.
    when damaged they get black striations in them it would appear.
  • Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I rather like the pink..what guy doesnt like pink?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So it's been an eventful week for both the game and the player base, to say the least. I thought I would come here in the interests of fostering a better dialogue between players and the developers.

One of the biggest issues has been the recent changes to the dilithium drops on various systems; obviously it's an issue close to the heart of everyone. I'd like to start a discussion where perhaps both sides can get a better understanding of the motivations and reactions of the other.

I'll begin with questions to the developers. The public perception of the dilithium changes was that they would be changed roughly to what they are now, based on communications on the forums and Tribble server earlier in the month. When was the decision made to remove the dilithium from the STFs?

In addition, there was a great deal of confusion on the player side because we weren't sure if this was a bug or intentional. (It had previously been reported as a bug on the test server). Was there a reason that these changes weren't included in the patch notes for Season 7?

It's my hope that we can communicate better with each other in the future and possibly prevent future issues. I'd like to invite the developers to pose any questions they have for us, and if any players have a question on the issue of the Dilithium changes, leave it below.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can we just consolidate all of these different Dilithium threads into one unified thread? There's no nee for so many threads on the same subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Can we just consolidate all of these different Dilithium threads into one unified thread? There's no nee for so many threads on the same subject.

Well I feel my post is somewhat different than the other Dilithium threads. They are mostly discussing feedback on the changes/system itself.

I am hoping to get feedback from the Developers about the circumstances surrounding the changes, what went wrong and why, from the planning perspectives.

The hope is that we can better communicate our needs as players regarding the dialogue and information given out so that we don't have people in-game still wondering if it's a bug/intention, etc.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought I would come here in the interests of fostering a better dialogue between players and the developers.

It will work as long as you consider you talking/asking and devs not answering a dialogue.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another thread about Dilithium...agreed...too many of these ones already. We all HATE the change so what's to talk about? See the other countless thread that talk about the same thing...Cryptic wont't care what anyone says (specially DEVs) unless they hear the words "I QUIT" this game attached to the forum title :mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Haha definitely don't need another thread on this. I'll merge them in a few minutes. There are far too many.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Edit: Well I suppose the chances of having an open and honest dialogue were slim anyways.
  • Options
    typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whats up with it? What care bear at Cryptic Studios thought it was a good idea to make Dilithium pink? IT'S AWFUL!

How bout making it blue. Heck I'd settle for yellow or green. ANYTHING BUT PINK. :P

Really? You are going to complain about the color of the Dil? I think we have far more important things that need to be addressed than the color of the Dil.
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!