test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maco ground armor question..

jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
So it was said that the visuals were changing on the ground gear. Does that mean we can no longer access the look of the old maco armor? Or do we now just have more visual options? I dont have a set yet, so i wouldnt know.
Post edited by jackdonner on

Comments

• thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nothing has changed for me, full Mark 12 set here, visuals and options are the same on Omega and Maco
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you equip the Mk XI gear, you can enable armor appearance just like you would on any other piece of armor. This will show you wearing the very basic costume, with the metal vest but no helmet, shoulder armor, or gauntlets.

The Mk XII will show you wearing the full armor when enabled.

Now, though, you have to complete a separate costume project in order to actually edit the appearance. I believe you still have to own the full Mk XII set, as well as complete some accolades, in order to unlock access to this project.

Anyone who had previously unlocked the costume options before S7 still keeps them, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most notable among these new prizes are the following Space and Ground Sets:

Adapted MACO Ground and Space Set

o These sets of gear will reflect the same stats currently available only on the Klingon Honor Guard equivalents.

o Visuals of the Space Set will be the same as the existing Mk XII MACO Space Set

o Visuals of the Ground Set will be an entirely new variant of the existing Mk XII MACO Ground Armor

Adapted Klingon Honor Guard Ground and Space Set

o These sets of gear will reflect the same stats currently available only on the MACO equivalents.

o Visuals of the Space Set will be the same as the existing Mk XII Klingon Honor Guard Space Set

o Visuals of the Ground Set will be an entirely new variant of the existing Mk XII Klingon Honor Guard Ground Armor

The above is what i was refering to. They are stating the ground set has entirely new visuals. does that mean we wont be able to aquire the older visuals if we want?
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jackdonner wrote: »
    So it was said that the visuals were changing on the ground gear. Does that mean we can no longer access the look of the old maco armor? Or do we now just have more visual options? I dont have a set yet, so i wouldnt know.

It's a new set.

The old MACO is still available.

They essentially gave the Honor Guard set to the Feds, and the MACO set to the KDF.

The new Fed set has the same stats as the Honor Guard set, while having a variation of the MACO appearance. That's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok now it makes sense. Thankyou. :)