test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To the General Community

hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
Ok, I have been running around these forums for a while (my join date is bugged, but whatever), and I have seen a number of things, and now feel I must comment on them.

Alright, to everyone who is bmwing about how PWE is being greedy and trying to fraudulently take your money with false claims and bad advertising and "forcing you to buy zen" with the in-game content:

You may or may not be right, but they are not committing fraud. There are laws in place that even they are forced to follow to prevent legal action being taken against them. That being said, I will add on this: First and foremost, PWE is a BUSINESS. Their job is to make MONEY, not satisfy every little whim the players have. Every change they make is designed to increase their fiscal success, not their ratings. So what if a few hundred players complain about the changes here on the forums? There are a few THOUSAND players who will just continue to play, and continue to pay them money, so I am sorry to say, that the majority of our complaints are null and void, since in general, the player base usually doesn't care, or doesn't have the brain power to realize they are getting shafted.

I won't argue that the direction this game has taken is very odd, if not downright wrong, but I won't condemn it either, since it is our choice to play this particular game. We can always take our wallets and our voices elsewhere, and leave STO with the chaff, or we can stay and try to make things better. But as I said, it's not our game. It belongs to PWE. They can do whatever they want with it (within legal bounds of course), and whether or not we agree with it, we have almost no control. What they do is not honorable at all. Which actually explains why they don't do much with the KDF, because if they have no honor, they have no need to expand the side that is almost based off of honor XD.

Just a thought or two. Let the #$%&storm begin.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
Post edited by hereticknight085 on

Comments

• Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll say this it's close enough to fraud. for where do they get their money. US by buying their games. Several lifetimers and gold members have either quit or are stopping to subscribe. So the companies have lost revenue on an idea that should have never been concevied. We have been screaming about what we want to see and if some one those have to wait so be it but they spend what resources they have to mess with things that never really needed messing with. All our major issues were not addressed. And when the say something they better mean it, otherwise how can we trust them. S7 was worst than i fear. i worried about the rep system but gave it a chance. WE were told new stry content. we didn't get it and dilithium. I was willing to accept a reduction if more things will reward it. so far not many did and after taking it out of STF they wisely restore some but sadly not all of that dilithium. THEY ARE GRINDING US TO DEATH. AND it will KILL them.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How on Earth is it fraud? If you are F2P, well no issue there. If you are a subscriber or life member, you paid money to play the game they provide, not dictate how the game is played. For as long as you are able to play the game then they have met their obligations. There is not fraud here. Here, there is no fraud.

Let's be realistic. If it even approached the dodgy realms of the law, don't you think they'd have a team of lawyers making sure they've covered themselves? I've worked for organisations where lawyers have advised management not to do things out of possible legal ramifications. What does management do? Listen, because that advice will save them money down the track!!

Remember, just because you feel like you're losing out, or just because the game goes in a direction you don't like, you can't just slap the 'fraud' label on it. It's not mature, nor is it responsible.
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to say that among players the idea of fraud by PWE is growing,if it's true or not I'll leave that in the middle,but people feel that there is something shady going on.Not a good sign for a company if the customers distrust their actions/product.

They should rethink their strategy or it will cost them dearly in the long run.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    excuse me I paid 200 bucks on items here. They sell us a service and the quaility lately is serverly lacking. We're asking for COMMON SENSE and the way they did this was underhanded. We have been telling them what content we want. Now will that all be done at once HELL NO. but they can ork on it in pieces. A season focuses on one content. However what resources they do have wasted on things that didn't need changing. look that the past record. S6, the base system sounded cool and everyone was eager for it. When it came out it was different than we thought and it strongly favored big fleets. Fleets were ment for a group of friends to have fun so there would be various sizes and thus the base prices should reflect that. IT DOESN'T. Then we have the Regent. ugly skin a useless console with Riker manuver and I guess the wide range torps wasn't up to snuff. I don't really see them anymore. Now S7, they were some concerns over the rep system. they said that we would have new story missions and perhaps the Ambassador in game. THe rep system is a joke and none of the other stuff happened. People has spent a good amount of money and they are now getting TRIBBLE for it.
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think many people are calling it fraud. However, I believe most of the player-base is calling it bad business practice.

You can milk the cow only so long before it doesn't produce. They're on the fringe of that point w/their customers.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The thing to remember is that there's a huge difference between an unpopular decision and fraud. What often happens is when an unpopular decision is made is that people feel hurt by and want to retaliate. What better retaliation against a company than to call fraud, a legal misdoing?

People, you need to realise that it's not fraud. It's a business making a business decision.

In regards to being on the fringe of non-production of milk in regards to their customers, I disagree. Yes, there's a large vocal group on the forums expressing their displeasure, but that doesn't mean the bulk of the player base will depart. (Nice milking analogy, though!)
  • Options
    shaddam01shaddam01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nah but the Dev a danny boy comes to mind has lied more then ones the ppl at cryptic flip flop most of the time need i say more?
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The thing to remember is that there's a huge difference between an unpopular decision and fraud. What often happens is when an unpopular decision is made is that people feel hurt by and want to retaliate. What better retaliation against a company than to call fraud, a legal misdoing?

Better? Use Social media and review sites like metacritic to spread the justice.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Better? Use Social media and review sites like metacritic to spread the justice.

I wasn't saying what I think is better, I was describing how people react to situations where they feel slighted.