test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Embassy Provisions ....cost Fleetcredits, reward NOTHING?!

zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I just looked at my Fleets KDF Embassy and the only things that were not filled yet were Dilithium (obviously, nobody wants to contribute dilithium anymore these days :rolleyes: ) and said Embassy Provisions.

Embassy Provisions do cost 550 Fleetcredit

So, i replicated the needed 14 Embassy Provisions, and guess what, they do COST Fleetcredit, but you get NOTHING for contributing them!

NULL NIX NADA!

Aha now i know why nobody contributed those *facepalm*

...they don't even give worthless Lifetime Fleetcredit for the Leaderboard!

OK Dev's! Who came up with that idea? And what the hell is the logic behind it?
I don't get it.

And why not just let us slot Fleetcredits? instead we have to do extra clicks to replicate a new commodity that is good for nothing but to slot it there?

I can already see that i will always be the idiot filling those because nobody else will...

I am already the idiot who always ends up buying the 9000 Shield Generators per day... (when my next Logitech G700 breaks i'll send you the bill dStahl!)

And worse, there is this "special" Project that requires 40 Embassy Provisions, nothing else, and give lousy 10 XP.

Can anybody explain the logic behind this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zerobang on

Comments

• sirusvoxxsirusvoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been wondering the same thing...
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    OK Dev's! Who came up with that idea? And what the hell is the logic behind it?

For people like me who have already made 2.5 million fleet credits and won't lose anything by donating a few to these?

Jim
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Working as intended.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Working as intended.

??? so what's the intent..."no intent" :confused:
    DUwNP.gif

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ??? so what's the intent..."no intent" :confused:

to have Embassy !!!!!!! ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The idea seems to be that you spend fleet credits to finish the project.... getting zero fleet credit makes sense. You SPEND fleet credits to get them after all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Working as intended.

Aren't you thankful?

oops....wrong game :D
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Serious crock of Craptic.

If you look at the item information screen, nothing indicates that these cost fleet credit and it even shows a value in EC. Not too far-fetched to imagine that someone could (way too) easily not realize that they cost FC, especially since everything else in the replicator costs EC.

Now I'm a little pissed. Granted it helped my fleet, but not very much. On top of that, I just lost a quarter of my credits I was slowly accumulating. I don't get to play very often and was working my way to some cool new toys. Now I get to wait even longer thanks to Cryptics lack of communication and crappy ideas.

Yeah, thanks a lot Cryptic, this really makes me want to play tonight.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ouch

Well luckily I messed around with it on tribble so I didn't get caught live, actually bought an elite fleet ground weapon today if it makes you feel better ;P

Over on tribble an embassy provision cost 750, same price as a fleet doff.
    I have no idea why they thought people would throw their fleet credit into something totally useless though :rolleyes:

When I saw the 50 exp reward project I just laughed and it's not even up anymore in the upgrades section of my fleet embassy, no one was that stupid.

But I agree putting it in the replicator with no warning is cheap
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Never paid attention, but just checked.

I was over 1,000,000 FC. Now down to 800,000.

Feel ripped off. I r not happy cat
    edited November 2012
    trypwyr wrote: »
    Serious crock of Craptic.

If you look at the item information screen, nothing indicates that these cost fleet credit and it even shows a value in EC. Not too far-fetched to imagine that someone could (way too) easily not realize that they cost FC, especially since everything else in the replicator costs EC.

Now I'm a little pissed. Granted it helped my fleet, but not very much. On top of that, I just lost a quarter of my credits I was slowly accumulating. I don't get to play very often and was working my way to some cool new toys. Now I get to wait even longer thanks to Cryptics lack of communication and crappy ideas.

Yeah, thanks a lot Cryptic, this really makes me want to play tonight.

You must have difficulty reading, if you hover your mouse over the 650 it says "650 Fleet Credits".

It also doesn't show the value in EC, but in the same symbol as fleet credits, a Square looking thing, instead of one that kinda looks like the cent sign but a circle inside of the "c".

File:Fleet_Credit_icon.png

verses:

File:Energy_credit_icon.png

Jim
    edited November 2012
    Since there has never been anyting in your replicator EVER that costs anything but energy credits, why would you suddenly start checking for it?

But the replicator aside, would you have guessed you didn't get any rewards for contributing a new commodity, would you ever in your wildest dreams even have considered it?

Of course not!
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Since there has never been anyting in your replicator EVER that costs anything but energy credits, why would you suddenly start checking for it?

Because when something is NEW, you check, its called paying attention to what your doing.
    But the replicator aside, would you have guessed you didn't get any rewards for contributing a new commodity, would you ever in your wildest dreams even have considered it?

Of course not!

I figured I'd have gotten no Fleet Credits in return for putting them into the projects, but I did so any ways.

Life is about give and take, and really how many fleet credits does one need? 200K? 300K? a million? Eventually throwing your fleet a bone and sucking it up to make the fleet progress isn't such a bad thing.

Atleast I, as the Fleet leader, and the rest of my fleet members who I've talked to them about the Fleet Provisions seem to agree. I'm glad I'm not like you and don't think like you and your fleet appear to do, that the one thing that is actually helping without being rewarded is considered so wrong that you wouldn't "consider it in your wildest dreams". It is a sad state of affairs if that is truly the case in your fleet.

Jim
    edited November 2012
    Sad state of affairs hahah

You mean you put them in knowing you wouldn't get the rewards or you figured you get the reward anyway.

If you have a million fleet credit hats off to you...

And I did check it out on tribble, that's how I was able to not get caught live - that just doesn't help all the other people that will be or has been already :rolleyes:

If you have the choice between doing something for nothing or geting paid?

Do you show up at work for free because if not, it would a sad state of affairs at your house?

But that aside the exp outcome for such a huge investment in itself is hilarious, I am proud no one in my fleet, not one single person was dumb enough to put a single provision in there - if anything THAT goes to show they are paying attention what they are doing AND thinking.

But sure if I had bought 300 $ worth of zen each month and throw it into my fleet, bought everything I could from the fleet store, filled up every project I could and still sat with 1 million fleet credit?
    You know what I'd still not do it :P
    edited November 2012
    You mean you put them in knowing you wouldn't get the rewards or you figured you get the reward anyway.

I put them in, and continue to put them in, because they are CHEAP, and since you buy them with fleet credits, I figured I wouldn't be getting fleet credits back.
    Do you show up at work for free because if not, it would a sad state of affairs at your house?

To compare it to a house, its more like buying a few packs of shingles, tearing the old ones, and redoing your roof for free because your house provides for you, and you want to make sure its going to last as long as possible.

Sure you could get paid if you go work for a roofing company, but if its your own home, you spend money for up keep.
    But that aside the exp outcome for such a huge investment in itself is hilarious, I am proud no one in my fleet, not one single person was dumb enough to put a single provision in there - if anything THAT goes to show they are paying attention what they are doing AND thinking.

Your proud that your fleet members are not willing to give up practically nothing?

650 Fleet credits is 13 Fleet marks, or less then half of a Fleet PvE worth of effort, or the equivalent of 65,000EC in commodity donations, roughly the current value of a single Common Tactical Doff on the Exchange?

If you can't chip in a Fleet actions worth of Marks every once and a while to your fleet, in the form of a couple of Fleet Provisions, because its such a huge burden, well if I said what I was thinking, I'd probably get a infraction. :eek:

Jim
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A point of info for everyone:

Bigger your SB is, the less the Embassy Provisions cost.

I have also heard it could be related to Industrial Fabricator size, I am not sure which, but one of those areas does make them cheaper, FYI.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited November 2012
    None of that changes the fact that people have been and will be caught, no matter how many fleet credits you have available personally to throw out the the window...

I remember the project cost being 4000x550? Is that correct.. if so, that's what 2 million for 50 exp vs 1200 exp projects that all help you earn credits.

I consider that very, very bad business. How many fleet ground weapons is that for 50 exp?

If your math is right, you spent 65,000 ECs x 4000 for 50 exp and you are still asking me how I can call my fleet intelligent for not doing it ?

What's that 260,000,000 ? Whatever man, whatever
    edited November 2012
    I remember the project cost being 4000x550? Is that correct.. if so, that's what 2 million for 50 exp vs 1200 exp projects that all help you earn credits.

The wasted space special projects are 40 Embassy Provisions for 10EXP in each Catagory,

Even so you need 13 of the Embassy Provisions for the 1,200 EXP projects.

So your still putting "free" things into your fleet.

But clearly, you are not paying attention, and your only on the forums to whine over spilled milk.

Jim
    edited November 2012
    Heh I will admit I didn't pay attention to the math, why would I

So let's do it now instead

20 exp for 40 x 65,000 ECs ? 2,6 million EC's per project then. Or 550 x 40 fleet credits.

So that's 20 exp reduction per 30 min on the way to 120,000 exp.

Cap is 120,000, one project is 20:

Leveling would then be 6000 projects @ 30 minutes costing 15,600 MILLION EC's

15 THOUSAND MILLIONS for absolutely nothing but an unlocked embassy...

Or 550 x 40 fleet credits per project @ 6000 projects = 22000 x 6000 = 132,000,000 fleet credits

Smooth sailing captain
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited November 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    A point of info for everyone:

Bigger your SB is, the less the Embassy Provisions cost.

I have also heard it could be related to Industrial Fabricator size, I am not sure which, but one of those areas does make them cheaper, FYI.

My fleet has a tier 3 SB with tier 2 Industrial Fabricator (Tier 3 will be done in a little over 2 days). I see 600 fleet credits for Embassy Provisions.

Like an idiot I didn't see FC instead of EC. I figured, hey I've got the EC why not. I wasn't keeping score but I think I've bought enough Embassy Provisions to run the mission like 2 or 3 times. I spent nearly 60k in FC and didn't even notice.

Meh. I'm waiting, at least, until our tier 3 shipyard is done before I go on a spending spree. I've got plenty of time to earn more.

Edited after I checked the numbers in game.
    edited November 2012
    Exactly and you won't be the last either, I did the same thing only on tribble instead.

And 5 minutes ago I started the wrong project in the omega rep trying to unlock the tier "store" so now I gotta go collect borg marks to throw out the window :rolleyes:

They actually asked me to stop swearing so much in the fleet channel lmao
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally, I think it would make sense if you got some Romulan rep back.

That's probably the design model I'd pursue and it has the perk of monetizing impatience while promoting fleets.

That way...

You have the standard 70 days for a reputation but can speed it up by contributing towards a fleet project holding that drains fleet credits (which are themselves basically a sunk form of dilithium) and actual dilithium.
    edited November 2012
    Well obviously they felt people needed a drain for their fleet credits too what other purpose is there..

They must have felt there were too many players with too much