test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate

Just as the name implies, I can't get the launcher to start. This has happened ever since I first started the game this morning. I don't know if this is happening to a lot of people or just me. The message says that it can't establish a connection, even though I am connected to the internet.
Post edited by juggernaught92 on

Comments

• Options
    houserozhenkohouserozhenko Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My launcher connects and shows the version number, then it switches to "Patching" message and the button switches to "Cancel", but nothing happens.

As I found in another thread I tried "tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com" on CMD and got a "connection timed out" message.

Now I tried again and the timeout message was gone, however the patching process still doesn't work. The progress bar sais "Patching" and doesn't move.
    Check out my Bio and ongoing Story as Comic Flipbook on FlipHTML5:
    4099594.jpg
  • Options
    houserozhenkohouserozhenko Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patching works again.
    Check out my Bio and ongoing Story as Comic Flipbook on FlipHTML5:
    4099594.jpg
  • Options
    juggernaught92juggernaught92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You guys are misunderstanding me. When I open up the launcher, I get a little box that says "Trying to update the launcher. Plese be patient." On the bottom, it says "Tried connecting 1 time." Then "Tried connecting 2 times." And then shortly after that, I get a box that comes up and says "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."
  • Options
    cyberdinesscyberdiness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You guys are misunderstanding me. When I open up the launcher, I get a little box that says "Trying to update the launcher. Plese be patient." On the bottom, it says "Tried connecting 1 time." Then "Tried connecting 2 times." And then shortly after that, I get a box that comes up and says "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."

I have this exact problem. From what I have heard from tech support. (Gosh there bad) try making sure firewall and stuff is allowing to go through.
  • Options
    hugobethugobet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here, haven't been able to do anything!!
    Folowed the instruction on the forum, reinstalled the all game again and still nothing.
    How long does this last?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Bump for an answer...hopefully :(
  • Options
    mtdewd98mtdewd98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Forgive the noob question here, but what is the deal with the patching?
    I don't get to play that often and have a fairly crappy Internet connection because I live in a rural, mountain area, so when I do get to play inevitably it ends up patching. Last weekend I downloaded over a gig doing this. Five days later, it's doing another gig. What's the deal?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mtdewd98 wrote: »
    Forgive the noob question here, but what is the deal with the patching?
    I don't get to play that often and have a fairly crappy Internet connection because I live in a rural, mountain area, so when I do get to play inevitably it ends up patching. Last weekend I downloaded over a gig doing this. Five days later, it's doing another gig. What's the deal?

Because you are somehow deciding to play at wrong times (right before patch day xD)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ...And I get no answer for an issue that effects probably thousands of users each day (myself included), with no solution to it yet.