test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I liked the large Dilithium rewards for the Fleet Actions

tanhousertanhouser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I am sorry to see the Dilithium rewards for the fleet actions reduced. I finally got a chance to log on last night, and play some of the new content, and I really liked them.

STFs do not appeal to me. I may play them in the future, I don't know.

Last night, I made more Dilithium, tooling through FAs and trying out new Romulan stuff, than I normally made in a night of play. On top of that, I really enjoyed myself. I think the plan of adding the larger Dil rewards to the Fleet actions, and removing them from the STFs for every run was probably the better move. I think that D. Stahl may have been right that it may have actually brought more Dil into the game on the whole, rather than having the rewards be focused on the STFs.

I would prefer that the Dilithium rewards from running STFs matched the same amounts as the other fleet actions. Even if all the rewards end up somewhere in the middle. That way, any of the options are just the way you prefer to have your missions. I
don't have a problem with the STF having Dilithium rewards per run, but I can understand the dev concern of not to have too much dilithium flooding the market, so the FA rewards have to go down if the STF rewards come back.

Maybe the data will show that it makes sense to re-enstate the larger Dil rewards for the Fleet Actions, or perhaps to add new daily Dil rewards within the Fleet actions.
Post edited by tanhouser on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree, every part of the game should offer equal amounts of Dilithium so players have the choice what they want to play, than being force to play content they do not wish to play.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i thought the patch notse said it would be 980 dilth for Space FA's?......i guess cryptic is getting antsy..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    i thought the patch notse said it would be 980 dilth for Space FA's?......i guess cryptic is getting antsy..........

960 is the elite STF
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    960 is the elite STF

yeah :(....uggg.....they get rid of Bran....move dilth to FA's NERF FA's when moving dilth back to Stfs......only thing that fa's are good for now is ECs lol.....hmmm...buy contraband and change that to dilth lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I still think every single mission from episodes to patrols should give a little dilithium and then players pick what they want.

that way if you spend 5 mins in game you really only earn 5 mins worth. if you spend 10 hours you earn 10 hours worth.

maybe that does not work quiet as well in practice? maybe it is too restrictive for people that only have a very short period of time, or gives the hardcore too much but it would certainly solve a lot of issues.
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree, every part of the game should offer equal amounts of Dilithium so players have the choice what they want to play, than being force to play content they do not wish to play.

I wouldn't say equal because I believe the skill and time involved in completing certain content probably merits a greater reward. But I do believe EVERY part of the game should offer some type of Dil reward, given how vitial Dil has become to many aspects of the game, they could just scale the reward for difficulty/time played. I think it is unfair to be herded into content you don't enjoy playing simply to try and advance you character.
  • tanhousertanhouser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree Capt. Revo, Lots of small rewards, and lots of small sinks would be the best way to go.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I still think every single mission from episodes to patrols should give a little dilithium and then players pick what they want.

that way if you spend 5 mins in game you really only earn 5 mins worth. if you spend 10 hours you earn 10 hours worth.

maybe that does not work quiet as well in practice? maybe it is too restrictive for people that only have a very short period of time, or gives the hardcore too much but it would certainly solve a lot of issues.

I think there should be a decent amount frontloaded to encourage at least logging into every alt daily.

Like making Officer of the Watch award something like 980 dil and 50 Fleet Marks.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's rewarded at the same rate as other medium difficulty missions(regular STFs). It's perfectly fine where it's at, especially since the drops it gives are a major income generator now.
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2012

+1 I resent the hell out of the attempt to engineer us into what you want us to play.

How about you spend more time engineering some of these 2+ year old bugs and missing or requested features? :)
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Agreed completely. I prefer the mission/episode content myself, but there are things gated behind dilithium that I'm interested in as well.
  • tanhousertanhouser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think there should be a decent amount frontloaded to encourage at least logging into every alt daily.

Like making Officer of the Watch award something like 980 dil and 50 Fleet Marks.

I see the value in this... So like a daily wrapper that gives a big up front reward, for a certain kind of content, and then much lower rewards for repeating that kind of content?

That would work for me.
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agreed, they should not have given us 1440 dilithium for fa,s just to strip it back down to 440 or so. i actually felt as if there was a good reason to do the fa,s .
  • njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nerfing the FA Dilithium reward completely killed any motivation for me to do FAs. If I want to spend 15-20 minutes spamming the spacebar to get Dilithium, I'm gonna jump on my KDF characters and do Empire Defense and get 1440 Dilithium, not 480.
    I kind of think they should've gone with, between FAs and STFs, the FAs awarding the greater sum of dilithium, on account of the STFs already awarding marks. Basically flip around the numbers, as they are now. So there's less of a difference and not a clear cut a choice for the bigger number, meaning your actual preference (what will I enjoy doing more) can prevail instead. Which should be good for the game.

I suppose they didn't go and attach dilithium rewards to mission content cause 1) that's a lot of missions to go through, and 2) the KDF has a lot less mission content and would be rightly ticked off. Even though they do seem to have an edge in dilithium generation already. (The mini-dailies, the empire defense missions, the marauding and forced labor assignments.)

If they were willing to do something like that, though, problem 1) could be solved by making maybe a periodic wrapper mission, to do say 5 or 10 different storyline missions. Could be 3 missions in a Investigate-esque 1440 dilithium wrapper, or 10 in a weekly mission that affords maybe 4800, just something people pick up and forget about until a month later they replay the tenth mission to get an updated mission reward from it, or sooner in the process of an alt through mission content, and boom, surprise, mission completion message, please pass start and collect your dilithium.

There is nothing I can think of for 2). Starfleet has been working on the solution for the Klingon problem for a long time now, but new ones just keep showing up. They're like drunken psychotic Tribbles, they just fight and breed, fight and breed, and sing, off-key, a lot.

We may need to evacuate the quadrant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they are going to put a picture of dilithium on FA as the main prize....shouldn't it be more dilithium than the STF's :D

The same way that you get more Romulan marks than fleet marks when doing Romulan missions.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whilst I'm happy to see STF's get some Dilithium back, it's a shame it was at the expense of the FA's, it's not like we can play both at once (unless I'm missing something).

Whilst I had no interest in playing FA's, clearly other people did and now they seem to be getting punished, especially those who don't play STF's.

I guess it's a case of Cryptic giving with one hand and taking away with the other.