test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respec Required for Reputations????

fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Hi,

Posting with my main account since the account I have on Tribble doesn't have permission to create a thread.

This was also posted in: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=445371

2 patches back I was working on the Romulan Reputation and could see what the new Captain skills would be. Then there was a patch for 150mb, prior to the current patch, and now I have

"Your character requires a respect to be able to view or choose a reputation skill." Click "View Skills"

What skills are actually required for and Engineering toon to end up with a Tier 5 Science ability?? Nothing is highlighted to provide guidance.

toon: Wyrist@shonsea

Thank you
Post edited by fyllis on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Um.... did you spend all of your skill points?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would supply a clear and concise example however I cannot place attachments or pictures on the fracking board.

What do you see on the right hand side of the reputation tab? Do you see 9 little boxes with skills listed in them? I don't, I have a freaking error message and everyone keeps saying I didn't do something right.

How is it that I didn't do something right when it was working as intended (tm) then PWE/C patched it and now it is not working as intended.

Get me permissions to insert .jpg pictures and this will be clear.

Between this, loosing Dil and Fleet Credits I am about ready to uninstall.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, did you actually use all of your skill points?

Um, seriously, if people aren't giving you an answer then they probably don't know. I haven't seen this issue on any of my characters.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Space Points Spent: 277,000
    Ground Points Spent: 89,000
    Available: 0

Total Points Spent: 366,000/366,000

Some skill are now highlighted if they are the invalid ones then I have an issue. The highlighted skills are skills I have maxed out 9/9 all others are not highlighted because they are not maxed.

Is this because I decided to max out 6 Space and 2 Ground Skills????

If so (political correctness) that is not in the best interests of a playable character.

I cannot verify if this is correct with all my toons as most of them are tied up in the Dil Patch for another 2 hours and I wont log in until I am sure I won't lose Dil or FC.

Most of my toons have certain skills maxed. Guess I won't be doing the reputations if I have to respec all of the skills on most my toons. I am very happy with their skill sets.
    edited November 2012
    Well I guess it's just this toon. I did one of each type, Tac, Eng, Sci, between the 2 accounts and none of them seem to be having any issues at this time.

Guess copying her to Tribble pooched her in Tribble and Holodeck. Now the decision, keep or throw. If her skills are skewed what else got messed up when she was copied to Tribble.

Thanks for putting up with my frustration.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    I was just told by our Engineers that you should be able to press the "Respec" button if you see this error, and your skills will be reset for FREE, not costing you anything.

The reason for this error is an older bug that allowed some players to spend skill points without having first earned the ability to do so, which usually requires spending skill points in lower-tier skills. In other words, characters that see this message have Skill Trees that have failed to pass a validation check, because they were purchased while this bug was active.

Respec should clear it up, and cost you nothing.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"