test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into the hive - a few comments

vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
I haven't seen a single fight yet where the queen doesn't go off map, loses all her hp, and gets stuck.
All you can do is respawn.

I don't know how you planned on people playing it? But what will usually happen is people will take cover behind the pillars which are over the edge in a straight line drawn to the queen - I guess if the whole team sat in front of her it wouldn't happen so I don't know it that was how you imagined it.

Anyway, I haven't been able to finish that fight simply because she jumps off the cliff every single time.
And I see the ground set visual requires all optionals so I'd actually like to finish it.

And speaking of jumping off the cliff, am I the only one that noticed you somehow magically can't push heavy drones inside the arena ?
They are glued to the ground no matter what you do...
Cool if you want to make the fights harder I can dig it just sort of invalidates the passive ability of extra knockdown stats :rolleyes:

I also noticed it takes 5 seconds from the time a floor lids up till it gets hot.

It's kind of insulting to be treated like an old man, my response time is a lot faster than that - I know the switches requires you to lock into a long animation but did you have to design everything around it ?
If there were no lid floors at the actual panels but those around were way faster ?

Another problem is it's every 2nd square that lids up, always the same places so you are not really in any danger.

The floor is simply zero threat just like the targetting artillery, you can walk dodge it because it's so slow.

Also the optional is extremely easy.
Post edited by vestereng on

Comments

• Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried into the hive. Normal mode. To me its far too difficult. I got fed up with always respawning all the time,and in the end i quit playing that mission.
    I wish the devs would make earning omega marks alot more easier.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I haven't played it on normal but I agree it should be easy mode.

Also keep in mind if you are after stf gear you will need borg marks and have to play on elite so you might aswell come over and learn it :cool:

Probably the easiest route would be infected space elite albeit I like to fight on the ground and I want the optional on the new ground map so I'd really like them to fix the queen
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Into the hive is one sadistic stf, the fact that the map has many different ways of killing you has put me off, normal is evil, but on elite no thank you!!!
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      I don't really have an issue with the difficulty of the map.

But for the love of god TONE DOWN THOSE FIELD EFFECTS. It gives me eye cancer. People with a tendency to epilepsia would die on that STF probably.

I did it once and my eyes hurt, i will never do the ground part again because its just sensory overload on my eyes.