test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steamrunner resonance cascade module question...

martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
Hi all,

For anyone who has the resonance cascade module off the steamrunner class, I have three questions:

1) Is this console indeed usable on any starship, or only the steamrunner?

2) Does the shield boost power impact yourself as well, or only your teammates?

3) What is the cooldown on the power?

Thanks!
Post edited by martakurill on

Comments

• dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1) Any Ship
    2) Yes
    3) 3 mins

Or so I have heard..
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the info, dalnar83.

I'm debating picking this console up for my tanking assault cruiser...but I'm not sure if I'd better off with this console or another field generator or a shield regen console.

So far this looks promising though, as it would be helpful to negate bleed through against the tac cube in ise and provide additional team support when things get "bad."

Has anyone actually tried this console yet? Do you think it'd be worth it?
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was using it last night on my Vesta in ISE, Fleet events, and Starbase 24. It definetly helps as an "Oh SH*T" button. However, I wouldn't advise using it to replace a field generator, as that's kind of counter productive. 17.5%+ less of shields for a 20% resistance, rather than having both and sacrificing a tactical or engineering slot. But that's just me and my obsession with high shield numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was using it last night on my Vesta in ISE, Fleet events, and Starbase 24. It definetly helps as an "Oh SH*T" button. However, I wouldn't advise using it to replace a field generator, as that's kind of counter productive. 17.5%+ less of shields for a 20% resistance, rather than having both and sacrificing a tactical or engineering slot. But that's just me and my obsession with high shield numbers.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't dream of giving up one field generator...i was thinking of this instead of a second one. But this does sound like a really good candidate for an engineering console just the same...thanks for the input. :)
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its on sale for USD $9.99 right now... I picked up one. Should be interesting...
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It sure would be nice if the password I used to create my Steam account would work. Now I'm waiting for support to send me an email so I can reset it and claim the $10 product I paid them money for. Steam sucks, IMHO. I would have rather they just send me the code rather than making me log in to their site and look it up.

/rant off.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    coffeemike wrote: »
    Its on sale for USD $9.99 right now... I picked up one. Should be interesting...

Sale ends at 5am Friday.

Not well thought out, since most people get paid on Friday. I'd buy one, but, by the time my direct deposit goes through, the sale will be over. :rolleyes:

Oh well... that's just an extra $10 in my gas tank.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    Sale ends at 5am Friday.

Not well thought out, since most people get paid on Friday. I'd buy one, but, by the time my direct deposit goes through, the sale will be over. :rolleyes:

Oh well... that's just an extra $10 in my gas tank.

uhh no it doesnt...it ends 15 hours as of this post..........

EDIT:!!!! opps time zones lol nvm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p