test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just Not Motivated To Login....

recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
Am I the only one?

With all of the changes, it feels like a chore to play the game...
Post edited by recksracer on

Comments

• carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You are definitely not alone.....

and I also don't feel 'motivated' to spend money on the game anymore.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You are definitely not alone.....

and I also don't feel 'motivated' to spend money on the game anymore.

me 2

/10 chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope, there is lots of new stuff to do at last :)
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Heh, you're far from alone. Generally, I logged in, done the Academy Events (1440 Dilithium) and the Lore Questions ect, then upgraded all and any Doff Officers I had. From there, I adjusted / completed / started other Duty Officer Assignments and then flew around to do various missions.

I logged in early this morning, noticed the Dilithium prices weren't an elaborate joke, and subsequently logged back out again. Until they're reduced, I'm not playing. I'm a member of a Fleet, and we've not reached Tier #2 yet, probably about 50% thought (it's a small fleet). Now we're expected to do these Omega and Romulan Missions to get unique kit, Duty Officers, Bridge Officers, Weapons ect which we need a fair amount of Dilithium for.

That's Dilithium that I'm going to have a hard time getting now, plus I was saving up for some more ships. No longer can I do that. This is all in addition to Duty Officer Assignments (Purple Officers obviously bring back better rewards). It's a joke. I refuse to play the game again until this matter is sorted.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • omfg4202omfg4202 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That reminds me. Are there any games that don't suck? I'm trying to think of one to fill the void left by Star Trek Online, now that it's been ruined in favor of more more more short term profit. Why deliver a fun game when you can trick players out of their money, call it "free to play" while raising paywalls around important features, deliberately waste more and more of their time, and deliver nothing they actually want?
    KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've cleared everything on new romulus.

I've got both Omega and Romulan Reputation nearing tier one completion with 200 romulan marks and 102 omega marks saved.

All that's left is the grind.

All this game seems to be is grind.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're far from alone, what motivation do I have to grind?

1: STF kit I already have? Nah thanks
    2: Romulan kit I wont use? Again, nah thanks
    3: Fleet stuff? The point?

The only thing I've done in game for the last 3 days is to dance on DS9...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I took it to the next level of "not logging on".

I ripped the band-aid off and canceled my gold subscription yesterday after seeing the dismal state that the game is currently in after Season 7. I have been a subscriber since day 1 of launch, uninterrupted 33+ months, 1015+ days -- the old fashioned way, not grandfathered in during the $200 LTS money grab promo.

I had hoped to play this game at least until my third anniversary celebration Feb 2013 and way beyond because it had always been my favorite game. But not anymore.

dstahl and developers more than proved that they don't care what the players think and rushed this update -- they were obviously worried about Star Wars: The Old Republic going free to play on Thursday November 15 since they moved S7 launch from the traditional Thursday patch day up to Tuesday.

On the good news side, I found "The Secret World" on sale at Best Buy for $19 so I picked that up. I've always been a Lovecraft fan and I hear good things about this game. I'll transfer that $15 a month I paid to Cryptic (and then their evil overlords PWE) for 33 months over to Funcom, I guess.

I love Star Trek, but I guess I can get my fix from my DVDs. I've been re-watching Deep Space 9 for the umpteenth time and loving every minute of it!
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »

I ripped the band-aid off and canceled my gold subscription yesterday after seeing the dismal state that the game is currently in after Season 7. I have been a subscriber since day 1 of launch, uninterrupted 33+ months, 1015+ days -- the old fashioned way, not grandfathered in during the $200 LTS money grab promo.

I had hoped to play this game at least until my third anniversary celebration Feb 2013 and way beyond because it had always been my favorite game. But not anymore.

dstahl and developers more than proved that they don't care what the players think and rushed this update -- they were obviously worried about Star Wars: The Old Republic going free to play on Thursday November 15 since they moved S7 launch from the traditional Thursday patch day up to Tuesday.

On the good news side, I found "The Secret World" on sale at Best Buy for $19 so I picked that up. I've always been a Lovecraft fan and I hear good things about this game. I'll transfer that $15 a month I paid to Cryptic (and then their evil overlords PWE) for 33 months over to Funcom, I guess.

I love Star Trek, but I guess I can get my fix from my DVDs. I've been re-watching Deep Space 9 for the umpteenth time and loving every minute of it!

+1 to DS9. Best character development of any ST series.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I'm much newer to the game, I share your sentiments.

As far as Secret World, ummm. I was a long-time Funcom customer, having played Anarchy Online since its launch in the summer of 2001. Don't expect too much, would be my advice.

If you have the dedication to play it for a couple years, (and it sure sounds like you do), and if you can handle a brutally merciless community, Eve Online is one heck of a good space game. I played for about 2 and a half years, but it's just too hardcore for me. When your ship is destroyed, it's gone, as in stand by to pay for a new one. You can lose a couple months worth of work in one bad decision.
  • seathemacseathemac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »

I found that quite poignant.
    If the devs don't listen to Willy then their heads are undeniably lodged somewhat close to their genitals.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    not alone i did log in to get a few rocks not been back on since
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    recksracer wrote: »
    Am I the only one?

With all of the changes, it feels like a chore to play the game...

You are not alone.. my initial thoughts at putting items in those personal projects was "this is going to be awful"

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    You are not alone.. my initial thoughts at putting items in those personal projects was "this is going to be awful"

i been think what happen you played a mmo you got rep for geting them rocks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hehe.... oh come on.... Play breaking the planet if you miss the STFs. It's FUN! And it gives you a nice shiny chunk of dil! If you're good you might get a purple item.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic and PWE have permanmently hurt themselves with this move. AS I've said before the leaders off these game companies have no clue HOW TO RUN THEM! Sthal, you and the other responsible for S7 uninstall it and leave and never return to the gaming industry.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    S7 killed STO for me. Thats it. I will stay around until my supply of dil exhausts, maybe if something chnges I will stay. But don't count on it too much.

S7 killed my fleet too. I'm not talking about outlandish grind levels needed for base/embassy projects. There is no more content where we can play tohether and feel rewarded for it. Assembling a good STF team was a social mainstay in my fleet so to speak. Now there is no point in playing STFs.

I can add more things along these lines:

S7 killed DOFFing for many players.

S7 killed our EC income (no item drops in STFs).

S7 killed out trust to Cryptic.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.24

General:
    • Updated Fleet Action rewards:
      • They now grant 480 Dilithium for space and 640 Dilithium for ground.

HAHAHA really? Thats how you intend to amend removing of 1100 dil + ecd/proto/tech + item drops? This is your reaction? And all those players who complained are satisfied with this?

New patch went live on Tribble, still no dil rewards for STFs.
    In addition, private games were disabled.

Well, f*** you. I will advise my 260-player fleet to look for another game.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • koyejakoyeja Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 not even motivated to log in to refine the +500k dil I got from turning in EDC and techs :(
  • scoustarscoustar Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried some Fleet Actions this morning to try and re-motivate myself to play. After being logged out of the Action 14 times during the course of play I gave up. Whilst I'm sure today's server maintenance is designed to repair this, I'm also certain that Fleet Actions are still as dull and pointless as before...

"ooh look, that Tuatara Cruiser is dropping warp plasma, nice. Shame there's not an enemy within 9km of it really"

I agree wholly with Cryptic's idea to entice players to play alternate content. But I think it's disgraceful to destroy enjoyable end game content (guess what you *******, people played STF's for enjoyment as well as dil farming, numbers don't tell you that I suppose :mad:) in order to enforce play in BAD content.

Yes, the Fleet Actions are BAD BAD BAD content, that's why no one played them, except for a few pointless Fleet Marks. Adding the rewards was a good idea. Taking them out of STF's was stupid beyond words, unless we all accept that they did it purely and entirely and deliberately out of greed.

Well done Cryptic, you've proven that inbreeding really does make you dumb.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've logged in the past couple days, but all I can seem to make myself do is refine my dilithium that's stockpiled. I don't want to run STF's, since the rewards aren't worth it. I can't advance in the Omega grind without running now-pointless STF's, even though I have all the stuff I need tied up in this stupid crate that won't open until it's useless. Add to this the fact that both new ships are Fed, and that the KDF hasn't seen any new ships since the Bortasqu', and I'm simply bored...not to mention very disappointed.

I think I'm just going wait for Season 8, and see if things improve.