Install Arc
Options

R.i.p. Pve & Sto

2»

Comments

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol. Oh my. An MMO and grinding at Endgame is standart. Even MWO has grinding. WoW had a LOT of grinding at endgame.

No one cares about what happens in other games. This is its own type of game. It shouldn't necessarily mimic the worst aspects of other games.

There's no excuse to remove dilithium rewards from PvE that facilitate completion of the new season 7 grind. It's just a greedy powerplay on the part of Cryptic. Not everyone wants to grind boring fleet actions. EliteSTF was about the only PvE I could stomach, and now it's just pointless for me to waste time on it.

If I didn't have my gear for my characters, I'd be pissed right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kar1972 wrote: »
    It does not matter to complain about something that will not change. They don't care, pure and simple.

To everyone that whines about this, it does not matter if you whine or not.

Spread the word, and make people stop buying TRIBBLE on the c-store or zen-store, or ****ty store.

The only way we can be listen to, is to kick their asses where it hurts, in the money.

So, no more lockbox keys to open stupid boxes, no more ships, no more doffs, no more nothing.

DONT SPEND MONEY ON THE ZEN STORE. And make your friends and fleet members do the same, stop buying TRIBBLE at the store for 1, 2, 3 months.

In the mean time, they will notice this, I can guarantee this, then they will come running at the forums to see wtf is going on.

No more money on the store. No more money on the monthly subscriptions.
    The more people do this, the better.

I already stop paying my subscription, and I will not buy anything else from the store, I advise everyone to do the same.

The LFT guys, you already spent your money, but do not buy every new shiny candy that pops up on the store.

Just stop giving them money.

Absolutely correct and i'll do the same.

If you are unhappy with the behaviour of a company then stop giving them any money at all, this and only this will make the company rething their decisions!
  • Options
    shaeplyshaeply Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i like the new "drop" system. it is not based on luck, but after you decide what you want, you can make it yourself. everything is in your hands.
    There are fast ways to obtain dilithium, e.g. sb24.
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    shaeply wrote: »
    There are fast ways to obtain dilithium, e.g. sb24.

fast, but not FUN ways. mindless, DPS-dealing race with zero teamwork and communication. i would rather do the more difficult STF's for dilithium, than this easy-and-fast, but crappy and pointless fleet action.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    adaephondelatadaephondelat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Before season 7, i played 3-4 stfs per day, mostly for fun and dil. I don't know if its nescessary now to play more than one per day. I don't even know if we need more than, let's say two stfs overall, now. Why should i play them? For some Omega marks? On top of that, the new Hive space elite stf is rediculously hard in comparision to the others. I pugged it and my team, despite being fairly well outfittet, needed more than half an hour ALONE for the Borg Queen ship with its ridiculous shields and hull, and even more ridiculous special attacks. I wouldn't even mind that it's very hard, but i don't play over an hour a mission for just 90 Omega marks or so...
  • Options
    abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In fact the new episode is absolutely great! Can not see the topic here. As a live time player I can say it is a good choice of Cryptic and that is why I spent more than thousand euros over the last 6 month. The game starts to get the right direction for a fulfillment of great content and fair player system for ALL PLAYERS. So I will spent more next month, especially for the Vesta class. So go on Cryptic, you do a great job. And the advertising gaffe times overlooked here is the all in all very good.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In fact the new episode is absolutely great! Can not see the topic here. As a live time player I can say it is a good choice of Cryptic and that is why I spent more than thousand euros over the last 6 month. The game starts to get the right direction for a fulfillment of great content and fair player system for ALL PLAYERS. So I will spent more next month, especially for the Vesta class. So go on Cryptic, you do a great job. And the advertising gaffe times overlooked here is the all in all very good.

I don't know what drugs you are on, but I want some.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My major concerning is about dilithium. In season 5 dilithium wasn't much important, you needed it to buy some doffs or items and criptic point from others players... This is why to buy a cp you needed much more dilithium than now. In season 6 dilithium was more important because of fleet base system... Projects to advance, upgrade and improve the base can be really dilithium demanding, expecially for little fleets... So much demanding that a little fleet like mine had choose to stop building the base... Even if grinding dilithium was still easy, you could refine only 8k daily for each toon and that dilithium had to be enough to advance the base, buy doffs, items and so on...
    Now with season 7 everything is much more difficult and someway impossible. Suppose you work all the day and you can play only 2 hours every day... Grinding dilithium is very difficult, no dilithium in stf, less dilithium in daily missions... Moreover fleet projects need great amount of dilithium and you have embassy and your reputazion system to advance too... I have also an example about how much expensive and illogic things can be. Lets talk about the dilithium requirement to get white doffs and convert them in a purple one. First of all you need 125 white doffs...by recruiting them at the accademy, you need 25 assignments... So 25000 dilithium. The second step is converting them in 25 green doffs paying 12500 dilithim. Second step is paying 12500 to convert the green doffs in 5 blue doffs... You end paying 5000 dilithium to get a purple doff... The sum is 55000 dilithium, to get a RANDOM purple doff with no special power... Much more than buying it from ferra or buying zen points at the exchange and than buy a reinforcement pack from the store. Moreover you have to evaluate how many days are required to finish the job... So much that there is no balance and no reason to do that job. Moreover to complete many projects, you need not only dilithium but also fleet or omega or romulan marks energy credits... Too many different item, too many time. I do not want a quick way to advance, but this is imho too much. Why do you need so many kinds of marks? Why not just 1-2 of it?

Moreover I am concerning also about how much "wallet depending" this game is at the moment. I like sto and I am a recurring subscriber... I understand that PW is not a no profit organization and that is my way to support the game. I also understand that some items and ships are sold from the zen store... But in the last months many interesting ships and items are avoidable only as random reward opening lockboxes or doffs pack... All of us understand that that is a way to pay a ship/item much more than any other item from the z-store with the restriction to bind it to one toon only.... Does PW really think that people will continue playing a game so much wallet and time depending? May be is better buying a game for my play station... It's cheaper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    angelscreamerangelscreamer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was happy-ish with what we were told comming up to the launch of season 7. After release, I will be cancelling my subscription and not buying the new 2500 zen ship.

My reasons are that the balance of the game seems entirely broken now. How long I stay around in F2P remains to be seen (no you cant have my stuff lol).
  • Options
    scoustarscoustar Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The idea is for you to buy zen and trade it for dilithium on the dilithium exchange, that is the whole idea, the only idea.

INDEED!

Season 7 is 100% clearly a decision made in the boardroom to increase revenue and strangle the enjoyment of free play.

This does not mean that casual players can't have fun. It means serious players who used to earn dil/ec from STF's (an enjoyable challenge) are now forced to do extremely dull, pointless, no-tactic Fleet Events or, far more importantly, SPEND SPEND SPEND.

I believed in this game and, as such, spent my hard-earned on Zen. No more, as I believe Cryptic must have been bought by Bigpoint (actually owned by GE Capita)

"Diversity" was their excuse for the S7 STF changes. "Greed" was their actual motive.
  • Options
    pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    omfg4202 wrote: »
    Well played, Perfect World. Your greed has killed PVE, and with it, Star Trek Online. Congratulations, I guess.
    Pretty much this^^

besides, it's not canon for Trek to go past season 7 anyway.
    I'm for sure not spending anymore real money for this TRIBBLE.
    Yup, I think I'm done too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    katee1313katee1313 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    scoustar wrote: »
    INDEED!

Season 7 is 100% clearly a decision made in the boardroom to increase revenue and strangle the enjoyment of free play.

This does not mean that casual players can't have fun. It means serious players who used to earn dil/ec from STF's (an enjoyable challenge) are now forced to do extremely dull, pointless, no-tactic Fleet Events or, far more importantly, SPEND SPEND SPEND.

I believed in this game and, as such, spent my hard-earned on Zen. No more, as I believe Cryptic must have been bought by Bigpoint (actually owned by GE Capita)

"Diversity" was their excuse for the S7 STF changes. "Greed" was their actual motive.

I could not agree more as I already do.

Of course it is all about money and I can understand that. O also work for money (or how could I pay for food, water, electricity? internet :D ), you all who are employed work for money, so do the people in CRYPTIC. But there needs to be some reasonable extend. Or how is it possible, that other online games survive even if they don't exploit their players. I bought gw2, play the game without the necessity of spending real money and yet I consider to do so and support the game, maybe I buy some outfit. Yes, the game is not 100% perfect, but I do not feel to be exploited. I see dev's effort to make the game better, so why not support them.

STO was a dream that came truth. However in it's current state I don't even dream about spending my money, as I would get absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    izdubar6izdubar6 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are two ways to punish Cryptic:

1) Obviously, stop spending money on STO.

2) Less obviously, stop playing. If they rely on metrics so much, they'll see the drop in numbers.

And you just might find a game or other form of entertainment you might find more enjoyable.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you have tou unlock them yes yier 3 you get 12 it will takea hard month
    flip zen for dilithium will get you by
    this what the do in PWE
    everyone wants new content right what pays for new content
    lock boxes and zen for cstore

you guys want featured episodes how you get them
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you have to give iyt a month before you quit
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Before we all get too stressed, the good news is that, since they have managed to made the game much less rewarding and enjoyable, we and a lot of other people are going to be playing a lot less, many may give up, at least for a while. Sooner or later, this has got to hurt their finances, and if that?s all they care about, "hey presto", they?ll fix it.

I will certainly be playing a lot less, but I will be waiting for the daft dilithium cost to come down and some decent rewards, after all the PVE drops were in desperate need of improving (Note to any dev ? I said ?improving?).
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to laugh, if this is PWE's attempt to make STO like every other MMO out there I think they've succeeded. Tho the 'fun' factor left when I completed the FE's I still had a goal- prepare for the endgame. Now with S7 I don't see an endgame to prepare for, all I see is an endless cash-sapping, mind numbing grind toward the next seasons new grind, and whatever sink.

The realization hit me while doing the new Romulan 'mark' patrol, 9 freeking engagements over 1.5 hours for a handful of the new currency that the reputation system demands in addition to the dozens of common commodities required for each project. I don't particularly need the gear, am doubtful the passives will be a major benefit, and don't see anything new in the c-store worth grinding dilith-to-zen for KDF players.

All I see is a cheaply skinned rehash of existing content (Nukara, fleet system) and new sinks. Congrads PWE, you've made a vaguely unique game very ordinary.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The idea is for you to buy zen and trade it for dilithium on the dilithium exchange, that is the whole idea, the only idea.

I know that... my subscription will expire on january 9th, until that day I will not buy a zen... I'll see how the game will change and if it will be necessary to buy zen points and exchange them for dilithium (what dilithium if grinding it is so difficult?) in order to play... than I will leave sto.
    katee1313 wrote: »
    I could not agree more as I already do.

Of course it is all about money and I can understand that. O also work for money (or how could I pay for food, water, electricity? internet :D ), you all who are employed work for money, so do the people in CRYPTIC. But there needs to be some reasonable extend. Or how is it possible, that other online games survive even if they don't exploit their players. I bought gw2, play the game without the necessity of spending real money and yet I consider to do so and support the game, maybe I buy some outfit. Yes, the game is not 100% perfect, but I do not feel to be exploited. I see dev's effort to make the game better, so why not support them.

STO was a dream that came truth. However in it's current state I don't even dream about spending my money, as I would get absolutely nothing.

I think no one expext PW working for glory... but this do not mean I am happy to be handled like a cow to milk... I can pay a balanced subscription to play and also buy some item from the store, but this do not seems balanced at all... better buy one game a month for my playstation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    scoustar wrote: »

that's my main problem too :(
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    scoustarscoustar Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    you have to give iyt a month before you quit

I understand this feeling, but I can't be bothered grinding in a game whose developers will blatantly lie to their player base.

Is there an RSS feed or something I can follow in order to see when change has been made for the better? I don't want to read dev blogs (now known as LIE blogs) that are full of nothing but bs, I'd much rather see reviews or the like from players explaining how changes have repaired the damage done by Cryptic's disgraceful greed,
  • Options
    mikehawk77mikehawk77 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This won't work because there will be always players who want every new, worthless shiny thing as fast possible. They WILL buy dill with Zen points -.- Like the one who put over 1000dollar into STO :eek:

Exactly, I have a fleet full of ppl that buy EVERY ship the second the server comes back up :rolleyes:

So it will only work if those ppl do it as well.

I was all ready to buy the Vesta. Now I don't want it to be the last ship I buy in this game. Have lots of dilithium/z-points stored up. But they will sit there if they've removed dilithium from STFs for good. :cool:

Not gonna use a system that requires dilithium if that said system isn't going to reward dilithium. That or remove the dilithium costs from the reputation system.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    katee1313 wrote: »

Same, the game was fun before season 6, when season 6 came about it was cool for all of a week... season 7 I was bored of within the first hour. If they carry on this way there simply wont be a point to playing the game and another wish will have gone down the drain.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bingo.
    Cryptic are not non-English Chinese developers. They will be able to understand the players if you RAGE loud and often enough about this. Vote with your wallets as well, get as many as you can to do the same.

The only way anything will change is if the players voice loudly and succintly what their desires are and vote with their wallets not to support terribad design principles.

You are absolutley right! Voice with my wallet! *opens wallet* Here Cryptic! here is $50.00! I love the new content and changes! I love the Vesta! Thankyou Cryptic!
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    (insert deity here) forbid we have to EARN items now. The whole chance to get tech was really stupid to begin with. Too bad Sto's loot wasnt more like (hate to say it) World Of Warcrafts, where people would roll the dice on Tech. However, season 7 has got me back in to playing. Let all the whiners leave, it'll make this season even more fun;)
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    andyslash wrote: »
    (insert deity here) forbid we have to EARN items now. The whole chance to get tech was really stupid to begin with. Too bad Sto's loot wasnt more like (hate to say it) World Of Warcrafts, where people would roll the dice on Tech. However, season 7 has got me back in to playing. Let all the whiners leave, it'll make this season even more fun;)

I agree. First there were cries that life time subscription people didn't earn the 1,000 day ships and now that people have to earn their new equipment they still complain!!

I was taught to respect what I earned. I'll enjoy my gear much more having known that I put the hard yards in.

Also, in addition to the equipment that we may have chanced on before, we get new sets AND the Borg set has a more potent variation.

Sounds good to me.