test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return of the nigh invisible plasma torps of death?

orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
Since Season 7 went live I've been wondering why I just suddenly die sometimes in STFs... Then I checked the combat log.

[4:52] [Combat (Self)] Tactical Cube deals 25567 (53422) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Post edited by orondis on

Comments

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Torps like that never left afaik.
    I need a beer.

• kerven01kerven01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They were supposed to be looked into and fixed. I think it was mentioned over in the Tribble forum that these torpedoes were unintended and would be looked into to find the cause.

Yesterday, I got hit for ~35k from a cube (not tactical) during the new hive STF. Not fun.
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Those never left, week prior to S7 patch i got my latest KDF MG-46 hit by a 102k(204k) torpedo at KSN. My gear included blue mkXi kinetic res consoles on a cruiser, and purple Xii covariant shields (Cap)(pla)(???) with a tanking purple Xii deflector
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • liquidraven26liquidraven26 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Last night in Into the Hive, I was blown up 3 times and nothing was near me at all. Least nothing I could see. My combat log said otherwise as I was killed by invisie torps...

My settings are all on high
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    Since Season 7 went live I've been wondering why I just suddenly die sometimes in STFs... Then I checked the combat log.

[4:52] [Combat (Self)] Tactical Cube deals 25567 (53422) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.

Heh, I've been seeing Bops in CSE spit those out for weeks prior to S7. This isn't new.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Heh, I've been seeing Bops in CSE spit those out for weeks prior to S7. This isn't new.

As I said above
    Torps like that never left afaik.
    I need a beer.

• bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think you will find that the reason its "more obvious" is they nerfed the common Borg engine/deflector + assimilated console + some other shield combo a lot of us used .. as the console is no longer part of the set, we went from a 3/4 to a 2/3 and lost one of the auto defence systems that helped

I see my Tor'Kaht go pop way way more these days :(