test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SURPRISE!!! New season!

kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I have heard so... SOOOO much whining about the new season "stealing" stuff and changing the dilithium requirements, and how new sets work and how the Omega system works. It's almost like these people were surprised by what was happening in the season. I literally saw a thread where someone was demanding that Cryptic return their EDCs and Remen datalogs.

Guess what? It's not going back, and you had plenty of warning.

The Devs have been more than transparent with the Season update, even allowing us to play around with it on Tribble for the past three weeks. There have been Dev blogs going back the past six weeks discussing every new feature in this season update. And there have been more than enough threads picking apart every single tweak in the game. The Tribble patch notes have spelled out every detail of the every system that is to be changed in game.

In short, It is WAY too late to complain about it. Get use to it, the new game is here.
Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
Post edited by kyeto13 on

Comments

• Options
    nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    I have heard so... SOOOO much whining about the new season "stealing" stuff and changing the dilithium requirements, and how new sets work and how the Omega system works. It's almost like these people were surprised by what was happening in the season. I literally saw a thread where someone was demanding that Cryptic return their EDCs and Remen datalogs.

The Devs have been more than transparent with the Season update, even allowing us to play around with it on Tribble for the past three weeks. There have been Dev blogs going back the past six weeks discussing every new feature in this season update. And there have been more than enough threads picking apart every single tweak in the game. The Tribble patch notes have spelled out every detail of the every system that is to be changed in game.

In short, It is WAY too late to complain about it. Get use to it, the new game is here.

I...don't get it.

Are you expecting the nebulous horde of angry posters you're yelling about to pause, read this and say 'Oh. Oh you're right, I guess I'll shut up now'? Or are you just baiting angry counter-arguments?

No insult intended, I'm sure you have your reasons which are apparent to you. I just wonder what constructive reaction you expect to come out of this thread from that original post, especially when railing against deconstructive posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is WAY too late to complain about it.
    Your argument has non-zero merit only if there was exactly no complaints during the long weeks of testing.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have heard so... SOOOO much whining about...

Whining about everything is as integral to MMOs as grinding. ;)
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nikkyvix wrote: »
    I...don't get it.

Are you expecting the nebulous horde of angry posters you're yelling about to pause, read this and say 'Oh. Oh you're right, I guess I'll shut up now'? Or are you just baiting angry counter-arguments?

No insult intended, I'm sure you have your reasons which are apparent to you. I just wonder what constructive reaction you expect to come out of this thread from that original post, especially when railing against deconstructive posts.

Nothing in particular. Just venting to the masses and possibly troll baiting to be completely honest. I just think it's stupid and a half that everyone is complaining at it NOW...
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    drewfromoregondrewfromoregon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nothing in particular. Just venting to the masses and possibly troll baiting to be completely honest. I just think it's stupid and a half that everyone is complaining at it NOW...

People are complaining at it now because we were, literally, lied to.

We were promised that STFs would still reward *some* dilithium (940 for elites, 480 for normals), just not as much as before.

But as soon as S7 is done with tribble testing? Surprise! You get NO Dilithium for STFs, now! and it's apparently not a bug, but completely intentional!

But, of course, you still need dilithium for lots of the new fleet stuff!

No-one's angry abut changes that were actually announced, despite what you seem to think, people are angry about changes that weren't announced, and flat-out contradict what the Mods said the changes would be.

But hey, why bother looking at what people are actually complaining about, when you can do what you did, and pretend you know the whole gorram situation and start on a stupid little "I'm better then everyone else, they're just a bunch of whiners" ego-stroking?
  • Options
    pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

What we knew about, we DID complain about. Guess what? It didn't help!

And anyhow, we were told that "oh this is just on tribble, it will change when it goes live".

So face it, we had virtually no warning. What little warning we had and protested to, was to no avail.

And the result? I've talked to more people I know packing up and leaving over the last 24 hours, than I've heard over the last year. I'm still here myself, at least until I have tried out the new content. But if things do not change, I doubt I'll be around more than a month...

Well played Cryptic... well...played...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pvehero wrote: »
    What we knew about, we DID complain about. Guess what? It didn't help!

And anyhow, we were told that "oh this is just on tribble, it will change when it goes live".

So face it, we had virtually no warning. What little warning we had and protested to, was to no avail.

And the result? I've talked to more people I know packing up and leaving over the last 24 hours, than I've heard over the last year. I'm still here myself, at least until I have tried out the new content. But if things do not change, I doubt I'll be around more than a month...

Well played Cryptic... well...played...

I remember when Cryptic pushed this on the player base in CoH.

In 2007 a significant gameplay change called "Enhancement Diversification", or ED, was implemented in Issue 6. ED received strong negative feedback from the player community. The response thread to ED on the official City of Heroes message forum exceeded 3,500 replies in the first 36 hours, and soon after grew so large that a second thread was required due to forum software limits.

ED imposed a point of sharply diminished returns on how far each individual aspect of each power could be improved. Prior to ED, a player could focus all enhancements on only one of a power's aspects and receive fully cumulative benefits. Cryptic's stated reason behind ED was "to promote the use of more different types of Enhancements in powers".

Critics derided ED for its universal reduction of the maximum possible effectiveness of all characters, making it a global nerf, that many defensive powers had now been significantly weakened for two Issues in a row, frustrating especially those who specialize in such powers and invalidated many of their existing tactics; that some powers cannot legally or usefully accept more than one type of Enhancement and thus cannot be "diversified"; that it was deceitful to enact such a severe change less than a month after official Jack Emmert announcing "we?ve finished making large changes to the power sets" and that ED was too fundamental a change to implement so long after the original launch.

Some, but not all, of the negative effects of Enhancement Diversification were negated with the release of the Invention system in Issue 9, allowing players to create one enhancement that affects multiple statistics at once with bonuses for a full set that would affect global (across all powers) statistics thus allowing powers to increase a given statistic beyond the point of diminishing returns, while still honoring the limits created with ED during Issue 6.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    williammarshaelwilliammarshael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In short, It is WAY too late to complain about it. Get use to it, the new game is here.[/QUOTE]

Have fun playing in your own little Perfect World, BY YOURSELF!.........You tool.

You and the Devs can play your broken game I'm moving on to EVE online, MWO or somewhere else.

Star Citizen looks really promising......mostly because PWE or some other publisher is not involved.

And yes complaining is usefull, if enough people (minus the tools such as yourself) do it they may catch a clue.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    originally Posted By Kyeto13
    It Is Way Too Late To Complain About It.

I'm Pissed That Cryptic Didn't Give Us Fair Warning On When The Time Limit On Complaining Was Going To Expire....

Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Cryptic!!! :p
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Devs said that we'd get dilithium for stfs, then BAM release day now we dont. Now there is a 90% increase in AFKers who hit up the PvP queues.

Return dilithium to the STFs so the new AFKers can **** back off. That is all I want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    From my point of view, I`m disapointed with S7. But other way, then most of the players.
    S7 is not fun at all, and I`m playing for fun only. My problem is, the borg are far too strong now, crytic is on the borg side in the battles. Other point is that, most of the romulan missions are dull. Not so much stories, only grinding. Basically since the F2P started sto is changed too much, I don`t like it.
    I`m still cannot understand why it is so necessary for crytic to make angry the players with the dilithium farming changes. It is like you give a new present (s7) and you broke it in the same time. Why not do the dil changes a months later, if you need to do it so badly?

I spent a lot on sto, but now I cannot see anything to pay for. I see only hard work in it, not fun. And if I won`t feel good in the game, the I won`t any spend money.
    Next week the Hitman 5 will release.....

Sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have fun playing in your own little Perfect World, BY YOURSELF!.........You tool.

You and the Devs can play your broken game I'm moving on to EVE online, MWO or somewhere else.

Star Citizen looks really promising......mostly because PWE or some other publisher is not involved.

And yes complaining is usefull, if enough people (minus the tools such as yourself) do it they may catch a clue.

Yeah, I'll be wandering off to MWO once my college classes are up. . .I don't like the looks of what's been done in S7, and I'm gradually getting bored of the game as it is.

If they had dedicated S7 to KDF content and improving PvP by leaps and bounds, I'd be stay. As it is, it's gotten worse. . .as I can't even grid dil as easily anymore due to the change to the STFs.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    judgeslongjudgeslong Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    I remember when Cryptic pushed this on the player base in CoH.

In 2007 a significant gameplay change called "Enhancement Diversification", or ED, was implemented in Issue 6. ED received strong negative feedback from the player community. The response thread to ED on the official City of Heroes message forum exceeded 3,500 replies in the first 36 hours, and soon after grew so large that a second thread was required due to forum software limits.

ED imposed a point of sharply diminished returns on how far each individual aspect of each power could be improved. Prior to ED, a player could focus all enhancements on only one of a power's aspects and receive fully cumulative benefits. Cryptic's stated reason behind ED was "to promote the use of more different types of Enhancements in powers".

Critics derided ED for its universal reduction of the maximum possible effectiveness of all characters, making it a global nerf, that many defensive powers had now been significantly weakened for two Issues in a row, frustrating especially those who specialize in such powers and invalidated many of their existing tactics; that some powers cannot legally or usefully accept more than one type of Enhancement and thus cannot be "diversified"; that it was deceitful to enact such a severe change less than a month after official Jack Emmert announcing "we?ve finished making large changes to the power sets" and that ED was too fundamental a change to implement so long after the original launch.

Some, but not all, of the negative effects of Enhancement Diversification were negated with the release of the Invention system in Issue 9, allowing players to create one enhancement that affects multiple statistics at once with bonuses for a full set that would affect global (across all powers) statistics thus allowing powers to increase a given statistic beyond the point of diminishing returns, while still honoring the limits created with ED during Issue 6.
    Reason i stop playing coh and cov
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If my friends leave I'm going with them. I've wasted 200 bucks for nothing. I've come to a conclusion. All of these gaming companies have incompentant leadership. People who do not understand the gaming industry. They all should get pink slips.
  • Options
    sensorghostsensorghost Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Or IRS Audits every year for life.. They stole our money with a bait & switch and fraud.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That is pretty funny, the devs have been more transparent then ever?

You mean the bold face lies about the STF dilithium?
    The last minute zero feedback nerfs to dilithium from B'Tran?
    Or how about the massive thread about Doff dilithium costs that was hidden without patch notes and never responded to a single time?

Being transparent about trivial garbage on New Romulus does not count to game breaking, rage inducing, customer losing changes like what happened.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel