test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7 quality of life issues

ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm not that bothered by the rage over the dilithium nerfs and sinks myself, but there are a few things about this update that are really causing me irritation, needless irritation.

1) I miss the column in the PVE queue letting us know how many others are waiting with us. For the first time today I got the message that the queue failed to start because not enough people responded to the game start. Is it any wonder? We used this information to proritise the queue in our attention levels. Waiting is boring and it is useful to be able to make educated guesses on how much time we have for the queue to execute. It's also useful to know if there is any point being in the queue at all. I want to know if no one is interested in playing the same content as me, rather than waiting there getting more stressed about it.

2) When doffing, after you added a DO to an assignment the next highlighted DO was the next one down, so you could easily set up an assignment with a few clicks. Now the next highlighted doff alternates between the top and the bottom doff, which again is just needlessly irritating.

Please, please fix these issues, they make the game less fun and gain ye nothing!
Post edited by ericshatner on

Comments

• Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not that bothered by the rage over the dilithium nerfs and sinks myself, but there are a few things about this update that are really causing me irritation, needless irritation.

1) I miss the column in the PVE queue letting us know how many others are waiting with us. For the first time today I got the message that the queue failed to start because not enough people responded to the game start. Is it any wonder? We used this information to proritise the queue in our attention levels. Waiting is boring and it is useful to be able to make educated guesses on how much time we have for the queue to execute. It's also useful to know if there is any point being in the queue at all. I want to know if no one is interested in playing the same content as me, rather than waiting there getting more stressed about it.

Please, please fix these issues, they make the game less fun and gain ye nothing!

QFT

/10chars
  • Options
    clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Those chafe me too.

My biggest gripe though, past the few clear bugs like these that will almost certainly be fixed in the coming weeks, is the exchange for existing STF rewards. "Ok, you've spent hundreds of hours playing our premier end of game content: STF's. Too bad you hadn't decided what to buy with all your rewards yet. Let me take all that loot from you, thanks. Here's a fiver, go buy yourself something shiny."
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The blind ques were created to corral the cattle....errr..I mean, players into Fleet Actions and other missions. They don't want us "siloing" into strictly STFs.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My gripe with season 7 is that now i have to choose between donating to my fleets holding or running doff/rep stuff. I love my fleet i do, great bunch of people, but im greedy enough to be more concerned with getting my players personal boost first.:(
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I am not sure the UI missing the people in queue is a bug. I think it was a choice. But I'd like to hear from someone from Cryptic on this, just to get an idea of their reasoning.

I understand that many will not be affected, because they set up all fleet instances, but I have tended to PUG, and for me this change is a major irritation and makes me less likely to queue the instances because of the uncertainty.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Branflakes said lastweek that the Queue numbering was intentionally taken away because it was showing false information. Evidently there was actually thousands of instances running that the queue #/# wasn't showing.

Of course players responded with the "seemes to be working right for me" for when 5/5 would show and the engage would pop up, or 2/20 showed and you never got into a match after waiting an hour.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Branflakes said lastweek that the Queue numbering was intentionally taken away because it was showing false information. Evidently there was actually thousands of instances running that the queue #/# wasn't showing.

Of course players responded with the "seemes to be working right for me" for when 5/5 would show and the engage would pop up, or 2/20 showed and you never got into a match after waiting an hour.

"your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them" in my best ObiWan voice.
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Lovely. So instead of actually fixing the problem, they just put it in a black box and hope it goes away? If "thousands" of instances are filling up 1/5, 1/5, etc. and not putting people into the same game when they queue up, seems like a slightly larger problem than just a display bug, no?
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

2) When doffing, after you added a DO to an assignment the next highlighted DO was the next one down, so you could easily set up an assignment with a few clicks. Now the next highlighted doff alternates between the top and the bottom doff, which again is just needlessly irritating.

YES! Agreed!

If nothing else, at least try to fix these!.. make that little pie chart looking thing in the queue actually reflect the people waiting.. or something
    :eek:
  • Options
    herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The funny thing is...

It was working well enough that hardly anybody(?) ever complained about it.

(I never actually saw a thread/post that did complain, but I don't live here 24/7)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Their observation isn't incorrect, but their actions isn't correct either.

Yes, people wouldn't do Fleet Actions because they didn't think people were queuing up. But having it not show people also sends a message that they are covering up the fact nobody plays them in order to get them to play. It's like MMOs that showed population size stop showing it when the player population is decreasing.

So if what Branflakes said is true, then why not add that number to show that they are being played? Have a number showing the number of instances being played.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I would much prefer that they left the queue information public and aspired to fix the 'quality' issues with the instances that weren't being played rather than just cover it all in a blanket.

I am enjoying the game, I have no serious complaints other than these. I bought a lifetime subscription (admittedly nearly 3rs ago) and I have bought some Zen. I don't know if I am a typical player or not, but this regressive behaviour of moving to less openness (especially where the information is useful to us) is something that could cause me to wander off to another game. And not in a huffy way, but rather, organically, because if I am not queueing up instances or doffing what on earth else is there to do?
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Removing the queue numbers is the only way they can cover up their lies; such as the vast majority of people don't play STFs, so therefore the 0 people in queues for fleet actions will somehow earn more dilithium overall. Without the queues you can't see that nobody is queuing for anything, but we all know if you queue for STF you'll get a match in a minute.. a FA can take hours.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    wapaka42wapaka42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well I use play STF Elite before the update, ground and space. Since the update I played 2 space stf both in CSE. I don't really know what the hell they have done to that mission but I now spend more time respawning my ship than actually play the battle. So I decided that until they restore the level in STF space Elite to the previous level, I will stick to STF Ground.

Secondly It was a dum idea to remove the count for PVE/STF qeue. Further more I don't think Cryptic have realised that they put twice the same contant on the PVE/STF main window.