test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror skins for Dreadnought, Venture, and Odyssey

torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
I was just thinking...

Cryptic has already programmed mirror skins for the Dreadnought, Venture, and Odyssey-class vessels. You can see the Dreadnought and Venture carrying mirror skins in the Mirror Event, and a Mirror-themed Odyssey can be found in the Tholian Invasion Zone.

Could it be possible to implement at least one or two of these as player-available skins? If not as a "given" reward, how about as a reward for opening certain mirror ships? or even as a c-store purchasable costume option?

Both the Dreadnought and the Odyssey posses only a few "customization" options, and aside from paint patterns and set-appearence-bonuses, they all look the same (while the Dreadnought has the Venture skin available, this does little to alleviate the problem). Making a mirror outfit available would be a very easy change for Cryptic to implement, and it would allow for players to vastly alter the appearance of their Dreadnoughts and Odysseys. God only knows we need it, as everyones Odys/Dreaddys are starting to look the same.
Post edited by torvinecho25 on

Comments

• canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm actually hoping that the Latinum store - which has long been in need of an update - will serve as a vehicle for giving access to the Mirror ship hull materials at some point in the future so we can have Mirror Odyssey's and such flying around.
  • joemass39joemass39 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    canis36 wrote: »
    I'm actually hoping that the Latinum store - which has long been in need of an update - will serve as a vehicle for giving access to the Mirror ship hull materials at some point in the future so we can have Mirror Odyssey's and such flying around.

I'm all for that. Would love to skin my dread as an MU ship and have an ISS prefix.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mirror ships or a skin texture is fine with me.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • duckcu35duckcu35 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mirror skins. I would pay good money for that.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You had to get the Regent/Sovi Mirror Skin from a lockbox Mirror Universe Star Cruiser and they still don't allow you to put the I.S.S. in front of her name. I'm guessing they are going to make someone pay in cash for these skins. I'm still waiting for a Mirror U NX/Akira skin that will make me go back to my Fleet Akira on my toon currently flying the a bug ship.

FYI, Mirror Skin and regular/Adapeted MACO shields look epic! One of the only skins where they ships hull textures still come through when using the shields skin.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm conflicted, if I were to pay for Mirror skins, I'd want proper ones.

Not recycled Enterprise era markings.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just wish they would tone down the yellow paint scheme a bit, before I would buy any of that. Even Enterprise NX-01 was never covered from bow to stern in yellow bumblebee patterns.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To see mirror skins in the GPL store.....

I'm up for that!

Its virtually nothing of worth, which could still sell (ferengi happy, we happy).
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm all for this Idea MAKE IT HAPPEN :D cant wait for a mirror oddy
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm all for this Idea MAKE IT HAPPEN :D cant wait for a mirror oddy

New STF = steal the mirror oddy on Nukara Prime.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!