test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs - What happened?

ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
So back during the S7 Beta Test Weekend, I made a compliment about what I thought was a new feature or setting.

See here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=434061

On the test server, my movement trails had changed. While in sector space I had no trails, and inside systems, I only had the red trail from the impulse engines, the blue trail had disappeared.

I thought this was a change that had been made, because it has been asked for as long as I can remember, being much more canonically accurate.

But I log in today, after patching, and this change didn't make it to Live? Was this really a bug? If it WAS a bug, can we figure out how to apply this bug to Holodeck?

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Post edited by ccarmichael07 on

Comments

• stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My god when I tried S7 on Tribble server I liked it.
    Now it has come to Holodeck.

I'm kinda thinking what in the hell happend?
    How did the Devs TRIBBLE this up so badly?

I was so looking 4ward to it. Even waited an anooyingly long 2 hrs for it to download the Patch. But now Playing it. The STF's aint dropping Dilithium. Just Omega Marks & Borg Neuralisers. They were dropping Dilith in Tribble when it 1st came there. I already know alot of people could live without the loot. But there are many moaning it aint worth doing the STF's if they are getting no Dilith. I kinda agree with this. Granted if u want to unlock stuff in store then doing them fro that is worth it. But is it. U ahve to wait 4 days for teir 1 to unlock. How long for teir 2 & so on. Is this worth ii?
    Romulan Missions are good. I liked on tribble. But I just realised to myself. For so little Marks given. Why? Why do I want to spend hrs a day doing the same missions over & over again for so little marks given. I mean 1 Romulan Mission gives 12 marks max. To be able to get the marks for a Teir Project u need to do 2-3 long winded missions. Hows that worth it?
    The Foundry. Wheres all the Foundry content gone. How are we supposed to do, 'Investegate Officer reports'. When the Devs have managed to lose the Foundry Content. I aint a Foundry Content designer. But if I were. I'd be extremely annoyed with spending so many hours designing content to have it lost in such a way.

Overall. the Biggest thing I want to Know. 2 weeks ago we had tribble S7 test Weekend. Which was good. But here is what I want to know.

How in the Hell can the Devs at STO TRIBBLE up so badly? So much lost. Such a long Patch download. My god they known this content is coming for well over a month now & it seems like they didn't sort everything out before the big patch with it all in 2day. How is that possible? All the issues people are having should have been sorted. I hope they do somert with the TRIBBLE they hhave done wrong so far on the next patch. No wait. I hope the next patch don't take fricking 2hrs like this patch.

Overall I aint Impressed with how badly the Devs have screwed up. S7 promised & looked to be an excellent addition. Instead it is a massive let down with all the things they have screwed up. Like Dilithium not being given for STF's & the long winded Romulan Missions for very little Romulan Marks in return. Not good. Not Good at all.

:(:(:(
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stulloyd wrote: »

I was so looking 4ward to it. Even waited an anooyingly long 2 hrs for it to download the Patch. But now Playing it. The STF's aint dropping Dilithium. Just Omega Marks & Borg Neuralisers. They were dropping Dilith in Tribble when it 1st came there. I already know alot of people could live without the loot. But there are many moaning it aint worth doing the STF's if they are getting no Dilith. I kinda agree with this. Granted if u want to unlock stuff in store then doing them fro that is worth it. But is it. U ahve to wait 4 days for teir 1 to unlock. How long for teir 2 & so on. Is this worth ii?
    Romulan Missions are good. I liked on tribble. But I just realised to myself. For so little Marks given. Why? Why do I want to spend hrs a day doing the same missions over & over again for so little marks given. I mean 1 Romulan Mission gives 12 marks max. To be able to get the marks for a Teir Project u need to do 2-3 long winded missions. Hows that worth it?
    The Foundry. Wheres all the Foundry content gone. How are we supposed to do, 'Investegate Officer reports'. When the Devs have managed to lose the Foundry Content. I aint a Foundry Content designer. But if I were. I'd be extremely annoyed with spending so many hours designing content to have it lost in such a way.

Overall. the Biggest thing I want to Know. 2 weeks ago we had tribble S7 test Weekend. Which was good. But here is what I want to know.

How in the Hell can the Devs at STO TRIBBLE up so badly? So much lost. Such a long Patch download. My god they known this content is coming for well over a month now & it seems like they didn't sort everything out before the big patch with it all in 2day. How is that possible? All the issues people are having should have been sorted. I hope they do somert with the TRIBBLE they hhave done wrong so far on the next patch. No wait. I hope the next patch don't take fricking 2hrs like this patch.

Overall I aint Impressed with how badly the Devs have screwed up. S7 promised & looked to be an excellent addition. Instead it is a massive let down with all the things they have screwed up. Like Dilithium not being given for STF's & the long winded Romulan Missions for very little Romulan Marks in return. Not good. Not Good at all.

Ummm, I'm not accusing the Devs of TRIBBLE up dude.

Just wondering if what I experienced on Tribble was a bug, or if it was intended, and why it didnt make it to Holodeck.

Sorry if I gave you an impression otherwise.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, the Devs moved your post here.

Why? They are nothing alike, except in title?

:confused:

• maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    erm yea why is dilth not dropping where it should and why is it 480 on tribble it was doubled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • headstashheadstash Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    all i can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!!

you took a fairly fun free-to-play game and made it nearly impossible (ie dilithium nerf) for me to play for free. kiss your free players goodbye. hope you can squeeze some more money out of the suckers that pay, although i predict an insane amount of dilithium/zen inflation, so good luck to all who stick around.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You're actually surprised? Season 4 did much the same thing with the Foundry if I recall correctly, effectively shutting it down for weeks (or was it months?)

Anyway, new season launches are always full of bugs ;) Wait around a week or two, and then see what's been fixed, and what hasn't been touched
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    You're actually surprised? Season 4 did much the same thing with the Foundry if I recall correctly, effectively shutting it down for weeks (or was it months?)

Anyway, new season launches are always full of bugs ;) Wait around a week or two, and then see what's been fixed, and what hasn't been touched

i think thats why they dropped it in on a tuesday so they can get feedback and hopefuly have some fixes when thursday patch day comes around maybe...
    edited November 2012
    ccarmichael07 my post you were on about was in its own thread. but the Devs moved into your thread for some strange reason. Other than names being Similar. i can't see why they'd do that.

Anyway onto STF's & The B'Tran Cluster Explore missions. According to STO's Patch release notes. Neither of this will drop Dilithium anymore. What an Idiot move by STO. As I fear that what 'headstash' said & heres what he said:

"congrats!!

you took a fairly fun free-to-play game and made it nearly impossible (ie dilithium nerf) for me to play for free. kiss your free players goodbye. hope you can squeeze some more money out of the suckers that pay, although i predict an insane amount of dilithium/zen inflation, so good luck to all who stick around."

I fear this may come to pass aswell as Starbase projects that require Dilithium to complete suffering from this DURR BRAINED removal of the Dilith rewards on these things. Not very bright indeed.

But yer. To Finish. Welcome to the ranks of 'Blue Frog Gaming' STO. As you have now screwed everyone on game as bad as they do on a daily basis. Just like them you took a perfectly good game & ruined it. Not good. Not good at all STO.

last thing to say. Everyone. Please give a Massive round of Appluse to STO's Devs for such a massive TRIBBLE up.

Again i was really looking forward to S7 after playing it on Tribble. Now I hate it. What they have changed to it has made it a really terrible improvement to the game. Well Done Devs. Well Done indeed.
    edited November 2012
    ccarmichael07 my post you were on about was in its own thread. but the Devs moved into your thread for some strange reason. Other than names being Similar. i can't see why they'd do that.

Anyway onto STF's & The B'Tran Cluster Explore missions. According to STO's Patch release notes. Neither of this will drop Dilithium anymore. What an Idiot move by STO. As I fear that what 'headstash' said & heres what he said:

"congrats!!

you took a fairly fun free-to-play game and made it nearly impossible (ie dilithium nerf) for me to play for free. kiss your free players goodbye. hope you can squeeze some more money out of the suckers that pay, although i predict an insane amount of dilithium/zen inflation, so good luck to all who stick around."

I fear this may come to pass aswell as Starbase projects that require Dilithium to complete suffering from this DURR BRAINED removal of the Dilith rewards on these things. Not very bright indeed.

But yer. To Finish. Welcome to the ranks of 'Blue Frog Gaming' STO. As you have now screwed everyone on game as bad as they do on a daily basis. Just like them you took a perfectly good game & ruined it. Not good. Not good at all STO.

last thing to say. Everyone. Please give a Massive round of Appluse to STO's Devs for such a massive TRIBBLE up.

Again i was really looking forward to S7 after playing it on Tribble. Now I hate it. What they have changed to it has made it a really terrible improvement to the game. Well Done Devs. Well Done indeed.
    I can't tell which impression you're under... that this was either intended, or simply a bug that no one saw coming (like the Foundry bug I mentioned earlier). :confused:

I personally think it's the latter, but only time will tell.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited November 2012
    Empire Veteran. The So called Dilithium Bug everyone is going on about. isn't a bug.

Straight from the Patch notes.

"Omega Marks are used in the Omega Reputation Track.

The following content provides Omega Marks:
    Normal Special Task Force Missions
    25% additional Marks for the bonus objective
    Elite Special Task Force Missions
    Elite rewards three times the Omega marks of a Normal STF.
    25% additional Marks for the bonus objective.
    Elite also gives a Borg Neural Processor.
    A token amount of Borg Neural Processors are required for Mk 12 set gear.
    Borg Neural Processors can also be converted to dilithium through the reputation system."

&

"The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral ? Daily, mission."

It is my beleif from that they have removed the dilithium rewards for the STF's as well.
    edited November 2012
    Empire Veteran. The So called Dilithium Bug everyone is going on about. isn't a bug.

Straight from the Patch notes.

"Omega Marks are used in the Omega Reputation Track.

The following content provides Omega Marks:
    Normal Special Task Force Missions
    25% additional Marks for the bonus objective
    Elite Special Task Force Missions
    Elite rewards three times the Omega marks of a Normal STF.
    25% additional Marks for the bonus objective.
    Elite also gives a Borg Neural Processor.
    A token amount of Borg Neural Processors are required for Mk 12 set gear.
    Borg Neural Processors can also be converted to dilithium through the reputation system."

&

"The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral ? Daily, mission."

It is my beleif from that they have removed the dilithium rewards for the STF's as well.
    Well that's new... called by forum title instead of actual forum name. Weird.

But anyway, they forget to add things to the notes all the time. And until they confirm or deny what's up, you can't assume it's a bug based solely on the fact that the notes for it are missing... that's just silly.
    Was named Trek17.

edited November 2012

I apologize. At first, I thought you were responding in an off-topic manner to my OP, then figured out what the Devs had done. No harm. :)

Perhaps the Devs should take a bit more time to read that which they are combining. Similar titles doesn't assure similar topic. ;)

• willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    starkyman wrote: »
    i think thats why they dropped it in on a tuesday so they can get feedback and hopefuly have some fixes when thursday patch day comes around maybe...

They dropped it on Tuesday because Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free to play on Thursday.

Ironically, the 15th is the SEVENTH anniversary of the notorious NGE fiasco in Star Wars Galaxies. I'm just saying.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    I apologize. At first, I thought you were responding in an off-topic manner to my OP, then figured out what the Devs had done. No harm. :)

Perhaps the Devs should take a bit more time to read that which they are combining. Similar titles doesn't assure similar topic. ;)

Not the first time sadly, they even fail at basic thread merges ;)
    edited November 2012
    Oh Star Wars Old Republic goes free Thursday. I didn't know that> Wanted to try that till I found out u had to Pay for it. mite just download & try. Will still be here In STO as well.
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »
    They dropped it on Tuesday because Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free to play on Thursday.

Ironically, the 15th is the SEVENTH anniversary of the notorious NGE fiasco in Star Wars Galaxies. I'm just saying.

think thats right too just now thinkin 2 birds 1 stone don't matter anyways season 7 is here lets try have some fun yeah???
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It's not the Devs, it's the Moderators, the guys with the purple names who are in charge of the forums. Do not accuse the Devs for the Mods shenanigans. They are completely separate groups. ;)