test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium without fleet actions?

mistislavmistislav Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Are there any good options for grinding dilithium now outside of fleet actions? I'll admit I haven't tried them in season 7 (and skipped season 6 entirely, not generally a fan of guilds/fleets/etc), but in my experience they were very unpleasant and buggy clusterplucks with little/no reason to play as anything but max dps.

Having read the season 7 dev blog on dilithium, is slogging through those the only real way to accrue the crystal? The only times I ever hit the 8k cap before was if I had played too long on a weekend. Now... I expect doffing will be my only real dilithium source.

On that note, as a non-fleeter what am I supposed to do now with lesser doffs? The doffgrinder is now expensive enough in dilithium to make it prohibitive, and the rate of officer exchanges and the like is quite low.

Maybe I'm speaking too early, but... as a player that primarily enjoyed solo/STF pug stuff and stayed away from fleets, how many options do I have now? A few good foundry missions is infinitely more enjoyable than fleet actions, but yields far lower rewards. I suppose I'm just feeling kind of frustrated. This dilithium devblog makes me exasperated.
Post edited by mistislav on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know about as many sources for dil. The big 3 main sources were STFs, console clicks, and B'Tran, and those are all gone. Breen dailies I guess?

However, with your surplus white doffs, put them on the Exchange. Generally they sell for even more than their green counterparts due to fleet demand, and those prices are only going to go up now that all the free whites are no longer free.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know about as many sources for dil. The big 3 main sources were STFs, console clicks, and B'Tran, and those are all gone. Breen dailies I guess?

However, with your surplus white doffs, put them on the Exchange. Generally they sell for even more than their green counterparts due to fleet demand, and those prices are only going to go up now that all the free whites are no longer free.

Only general recruitment cost dil, the others are still free.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Breen dailies, Neutral zone dailies (unlocked via Devidian missions), Explore Strange New Worlds daily, PvP daily, dilithium mining, Doff assignments, Academy event, Mirror Universe Event. There's still a plethora of ways to earn it.
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    boootzboootz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fleet actions are boring. The Romulan missions are boring. The hive is fun, Everything else is boring BORING BORING BORING!

Even mentioning dilithium mining deserves a court marshal, talk about a concept that should have been aborted.

Hop around on an asteroid LOOKING for dilithium, for a pittance of dilithium. YAY!

The mini game aspect of dilithium mining is decent, but you don't get to do it often enough to actually enjoy it. Everything else about dilithium mining is absolute TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Breen dailies, Neutral zone dailies (unlocked via Devidian missions), Explore Strange New Worlds daily, PvP daily, dilithium mining, Doff assignments, Academy event, Mirror Universe Event. There's still a plethora of ways to earn it.

And just as many reasons why they were not used before. Not because they were an unvalid alternative, but because they got stale and boring and tedious and no social aspect at all to them.

The social aspect is what made STFs so popular AS a dilithium and gear source.

now nobody will play STFs anymore, because they have to do boring things to get their dilithium.
    Pity.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can always go KDF. We're pretty solid on dilithium between Marauder contraband and Pi Canis missions without having to resort to the god awful boring stuff the feds do. Just don't expect to get a new ship or any content, ever.
  • Options
    anticlonusanticlonus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually I find the fleet actions actually take LESS time to complete than your typical STF, and there's no clueless Cure-player to make 10-20 mins of effort wasted.

/edit: do miss the trash loot though, EC flow rate is slower.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anticlonus wrote: »
    Actually I find the fleet actions actually take LESS time to complete than your typical STF, and there's no clueless Cure-player to make 10-20 mins of effort wasted.

/edit: do miss the trash loot though, EC flow rate is slower.

Yeah, And you don't even have to do anything, cause there are enough players finishing the mission for you, no leaver penalty, whatsoever.

All you have to do is score SOME mission points, then go do your laundry or something....

For the record, i am not an AFKer, but the FAs will be flooded by people who are, soon.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg