test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delete Dilithium Exchange

mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
You guys are constantly trying to compete with your own system, "Dilithium Exchange", in turn, we get punished for it. You price fix the game around your system that you are trying to compete against. Which means you have a monopoly on both how the players buy in-game "non c-store items" and the amount of time players contribute to the game. This in turn means you are wearing your playerbase down to the point of insanity.

It may seem like a bad idea at the start, but really this dilithium is out of hand, it should of never been implemented from the start. It was suppose to be just a way for legitimate players to make zen, now it has become the poster child for excessive abuse of game mechanics and a complete lack of courtesy for the playerbase.

Rather than continuously trying to amp up the rates, gouge the playerbase's valuable time, why not just delete the Dilithium Exchange?

Hopefully this will cause less rage, but I doubt any rage can compete with the insanity Dilithium has caused.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Post edited by mewi on

Comments

• jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hell no I want the Dilithium Exchange.

I just wish dilithium goes back up to the 250+ range, maybe even the 350+ per zen range it was the first couple of months of F2P.

Jim
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jim940 wrote: »
    Hell no I want the Dilithium Exchange.

I just wish dilithium goes back up to the 250+ range, maybe even the 350+ per zen range it was the first couple of months of F2P.

Jim

And this is what is wrong with the playerbase, they want to keep the exchange, but they also dont want to be gouged to hell by cryptic ;) cant have both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just add an option to buy Dilithium from the Z-Store.
  • kurtzroykurtzroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Deleting the exchange in no way is a good idea. This game dev team doesn't need to do anything else to further p*** off its playerbase.

Cryptic is supposed to make money but keep us entertained and remotely satisfied, their is supposed to be a balance Cryptic is failing miserably in the happy costumer department.
  • endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is nothing. You think this is bad.
    Poor pathetic misguided savage barbarian fools (brownie points if you catch the reference).
    Do you really think you can comprehend the vast greed of the Chinese Ferengi known as PWE?

This is nothing....check out other PWE games to get a mere glimpse at the future of STO (unless we speak with our wallets).

The exchange doesn't need to be deleted, but Cryptic needs to raise funds to buy itself (and the STO IP) from PWE. >_>
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    endafresh wrote: »
    This is nothing. You think this is bad.
    Poor pathetic misguided savage barbarian fools (brownie points if you catch the reference).
    Do you really think you can comprehend the vast greed of the Chinese Ferengi known as PWE?

This is nothing....check out other PWE games to get a mere glimpse at the future of STO (unless we speak with our wallets).

The exchange doesn't need to be deleted, but Cryptic needs to raise funds to buy itself (and the STO IP) from PWE. >_>

Look at national banks, and you can figure out Cryptic's model pretty easily ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    mewi wrote: »
    And this is what is wrong with the playerbase, they want to keep the exchange, but they also dont want to be gouged to hell by cryptic ;) cant have both.

Too many new players cause of F2P (including myself mind you) all trying to get as much Zen as possible, lead to the markets dropping by more then half.

Cryptic has nothing to do with it.

Jim
  • stonefyrestonefyre Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Too many new players cause of F2P (including myself mind you) all trying to get as much Zen as possible, lead to the markets dropping by more then half.

You've got this backwards. With more players competing for Zen on the exchange, the higher the dilithium per zen cost. What Cryptic is doing is contracting the supply of dilithium (through measures like the 8000 refining cap) which drives down the dilithium per zen cost. Its more expensive to buy dilithium with Zen than it would be if dilithium were cheap and plentiful.
    edited November 2012
    stonefyre wrote: »
    You've got this backwards. With more players competing for Zen on the exchange, the higher the dilithium per zen cost. What Cryptic is doing is contracting the supply of dilithium (through measures like the 8000 refining cap) which drives down the dilithium per zen cost. Its more expensive to buy dilithium with Zen than it would be if dilithium were cheap and plentiful.

That is not how markets work. Your confusing two different issues, what is the commodity and what is being used to purchase the commodity.

Dilithium is the commodity, not Zen.

Jim
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mewi wrote: »
    You guys are constantly trying to compete with your own system, "Dilithium Exchange", in turn, we get punished for it. You price fix the game around your system that you are trying to compete against. Which means you have a monopoly on both how the players buy in-game "non c-store items" and the amount of time players contribute to the game. This in turn means you are wearing your playerbase down to the point of insanity....
    This is a BIG accusation here... Do you have any PROOF of this...
    (Link, or its a figment of your imagination...)
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *theory warning!*

Im fairly sure they want to keep dilithium exchange, people who want to pay reeal money for dilithium get a raw-er deal when there is a shortness of dilithium, if my economics is right..

Less Dilithium about = less Dil to Zen ratio = real payers get less, hence have to pay more for their fleet toys = money to pwe

(just my theory.. :p)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That is not how markets work. Your confusing two different issues, what is the commodity and what is being used to purchase the commodity.

Dilithium is the commodity, not Zen.

Jim

There's no economic difference between currency and commodity except their intrinsic purpose (Which isn't part of supply and demand models). Both are subject to independent supply and demand, with opposite effects - higher zen demand (new lockbox or sale) tends to a higher dilithium:zen ratio. Higher dilithium demand (or lower supply) tends toa lower dilithium:zen ratio.
  • cotp0maurafeycotp0maurafey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Stores upon stores are a waste of time.
    Why not cut the ****, and input a place for me to use my Visa card to buy the new ship. I have to jump through hoops, conversion bs, etc. The current setup is silly.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I actually Support this idea. Giving us back all the Dilithium Missions and Reduce the costs back to what they were and remove the ability to exchange Dilithium for Zen. This would further encourage people who want Zen Objects to actually pay to get them.

Maybe you could even split up the Zen Store and have a Dilithium Store as alternate (with Bank/Inventory Slot unlocks via Dilithium and Ship/Bridge unlocks via Zen)?

I'd vote for it.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithium Exchange is in no way the problem. It serves a legitimate function for both the players who don't have a lot of free cash to spend to get the C store items and the game by encouraging those who will to spend more to accommodate their demand and get the much-needed dil they desire.

It is Cryptic's constant manipulation in the name of "getting over" on the player base that is the issue and removing the dil exchange would accomplish nothing.

This thread strikes me as another elitist "Get rid of those dirty silver members" rant to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]