test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

S7 questions, STfs, rewards and doff

abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
Guys, can we have some sort of official response on the amount of bugs in S7 patch?

* Teaming system generally not working: "Start" is greyed out untill host switches space instance.

* No foundry

* No dil in STF

* No op loot in STFs

--
Very secondary priority

* Doff grinder price increase

* departamental doff price increase (I assume fleet doffs per department). Well only whites really made sense there, green and upwards just not economical.

* Starbase doffs adjustments, while a good idea to revisit it, but the drop of security doffs is really low in the game. Can we please make it if you donate green it counts as 4 whites, blue as 12 and purple as 20? Can we?

Can the playerbase have a chance of be involved in civilized conversation about the whole thing? We got great community moderator program going on they could be in charge of it, as they already displayed the necessary politess and more or less neutral standing? Can we?
Post edited by abcde123123 on

Comments

• Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    * departamental doff price increase (I assume fleet doffs per department). Well only whites really made sense there, green and upwards just not economical.

I don't quite understand what the patch notes meant here. I also assumed they were talking about fleet DOFFs, but a white-quality Tactical Fleet DOFF Requisition was 750 fleet credits before the patch, and it's 750 fleet credits after.
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    corgatag wrote: »
    I don't quite understand what the patch notes meant here. I also assumed they were talking about fleet DOFFs, but a white-quality Tactical Fleet DOFF Requisition was 750 fleet credits before the patch, and it's 750 fleet credits after.

Honestly i don't really know. But many thanks for checking it out.

I started client, waited 30 mins for the patch to download. Tried to run few STFs hitting a bug with greyed out start button. Started it after flipping space instances, got no loot, and decided to download world of tanks to see what's that about.

While it was dowloading I was chatting with my fellow sensible power gamers in the private chat that we created. Mood was generally low and we even got one "I'm quitting. Can I haz your stuff" conversation there already.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No dilithium in STF but you get Omega marks. I think that that makes sense. As for the loot on STFs I've always found it to be sub-par to what you can make with children's toys.

You're always going to have quitters. People don't like change. I bet they're the same people who have threatened to quit every single season. If they want to quit, let them. I think the new systems that are being put in place are very worthwhile. Long term content is more valuable that a few episodes here and there. Episodes get finished in a day. The systems we have in place go for a lot longer.
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Very secondary priority

* Doff grinder price increase

* Starbase doffs adjustments, while a good idea to revisit it, but the drop of security doffs is really low in the game. Can we please make it if you donate green it counts as 4 whites, blue as 12 and purple as 20? Can we?

Can the playerbase have a chance of be involved in civilized conversation about the whole thing? We got great community moderator program going on they could be in charge of it, as they already displayed the necessary politess and more or less neutral standing? Can we?

* The Doff grinder price increase is now in game on Holodeck, the prices are as listed in patch notes with the General NPC charging up to 5000 dilithium to swap 5 x Blue DOFFs for 1 x Purple doff (up from 250 dilith. as recently as Monday night).

* I saw no increases at the fleet vendor who sells the common DOFF boxes, they were still 500 for a random any department box and 750 for the department specific boxes...

* I did notice a change in Tier 1 / Tier 2 fleet project DOFF requirements on the Klingon side -- the old Tier 2 SCI project that required 60 SCI / 60 MED DOFF donations is now 30 SCI / 30 MED ; the Tier 1 Military and Tier 1 Engineering projects that required 30/30 are now 15/15.

I also noticed the change from purple DOFF officers needed for the Engineer and Military Duty Officer NPC project. You no longer are required to donate 3 different purples for each of these projects, they now require something like 5 x TAC + 5 x SEC + 5 x OPS for the Military project and something similar for the Engineer project 5 x ENG + 5 x OPS + one other I forget.

The ongoing problem with the rarity of common Security officers remains -- my Klingon character needed two SEC DOFF to complete a project and bought like 25 of the 500 fleet credit boxes and didn't receive a single SEC officer ; I went to KDF Academy and used the still-free-for-now "Exchange" to downgrade about 6 green DOFF (since I can't afford the dilithium to upgrade them anymore) and out of the 18 commons I got, a grand total of ZERO were SEC. Sigh.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • Options
    wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Several devs via tribble posts..including D. Stahl..confirmed that dilithium was still part of STFS. That said they confirmed that the amount earned would be nerfed...something like 440 for normal and 980 for elite.

However once patch when to Holodeck the dilithium reward disappeared. Anything is subject to change obviously and the other threads on these forums asking about the dilithium in STFS have yet to be addressed... but I would hazard this is a bug and you should be getting dilithium.

Regarding the optional loot...that was eliminated..or at least moved away from a loot bag... that has been on tribble since almost the first framework for season seven was laid out on the test server. If you get the optional now you get extra omega marks, so the STF optionals are now more inline with fleet mark missions.

Hope that helps
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also touching on "rewards", I still can't find anything about the "Season 7 Tribble Test Reward". Am I blind, or did they still not mention anything?