patching

2»

Comments

• captiancrowcaptiancrow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OMG I'm on!
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    im at 76% i might be patched by christmas.
  • galilleosgalilleos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If this update does not finish in the next hour (16.2mb to go) then im done with sto. ill be goin back to eve online, atleast there i get what i pay for. ahh EVE ONLINE, a place where pvp works.
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    45 % !!!!!!!!!!!
  • loxxxyloxxxy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A tip for you all.. Untick - Disable On-Demand Patching and the patch size drops dramatically! Its not a solution but it will get us in game a lot quicker until the strain on the server is better and then we can download the rest of the content.

Hope this helps.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it finished patching. yay quack quack. its christmas time in the universe. lol
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    loxxxy wrote: »
    A tip for you all.. Untick - Disable On-Demand Patching and the patch size drops dramatically! Its not a solution but it will get us in game a lot quicker until the strain on the server is better and then we can download the rest of the content.

Hope this helps.

Follow this advice.

My patch just dropped from over 4gb down to 566mb.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • cubedrootcubedroot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why is there a patch of 1.4 gigs.

I may be new to programming 1.4 gigs is not a patch. It's a new flip'n program. And if that is the case how do you not set this up for quick downloads.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

The graphics better have a huge improvement.

There is no reason this game should look like it was created 15 years ago.

I just started playing cause I heard it was better than BSG online, but so far BSG is far less a head ache then this.
    edited November 2012
    Follow this advice.

My patch just dropped from over 4gb down to 566mb.

Yeh it does work :) Only down side is that for tonight we will have to put up with the downloading content on demand that usually extends the loading screens a little but no biggie I suppose. Just remember to turn it back on tomorrow.
  • cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mine dropped from 4.4 gig to 1 gig.

After now nearly 3 hours of downloading, this gigabyte is at almost 60% done, while my router twiddles thumbs waiting for more data from Cryptic.

Very, very bad joke, guys.. I guess the whole package would take several days to download.
    pTTNy7x.png
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    loxxxy wrote: »
    Yeh it does work :) Only down side is that for tonight we will have to put up with the downloading content on demand that usually extends the loading screens a little but no biggie I suppose. Just remember to turn it back on tomorrow.

Patching is still slow, but I just got to 44% in 5 mins while before it took 2 hours for 12%.

So it's bearable, on demand patching, I only disabled that recently.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I followed the advice still restarts itself always when it roughly reaches 11%, and lets be honest here, this is not the first patch that causes these problems, which brings me back to stupid and incompetent programmers
  • chushachusha Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would be willing to bet the patch servers are getting hit quite hard. My client is patching... trickling down the kilobits... at 95% now. Started patching at 3:05PM EST. Now its 3:47PM EST. Not too shabby for 1256.1mb.

Now if I were patching on my old dial up connection... I'd most likely end up at that padded cell at the local police station...

Give it time folks, not everything comes down at your ISP's advertised speeds.
    Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
    ██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
    Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
    ██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
    edited November 2012
    chusha wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet the patch servers are getting hit quite hard. My client is patching... trickling down the kilobits... at 95% now. Started patching at 3:05PM EST. Now its 3:47PM EST. Not too shabby for 1256.1mb.

Now if I were patching on my old dial up connection... I'd most likely end up at that padded cell at the local police station...

Give it time folks, not everything comes down at your ISP's advertised speeds.

Yeh they will be taking a right royal beating :) Its just annoying when we wanna play and its going so damn slow. Mine is closer to dial up and I'm old enough to remember Kbps speed and not Mbps :) Really wanted to play tonight (UK) wouldn't be too bad if it was in the day.

Playing DC online while I wait and I just patched 512mb in 4 minutes :)
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mush!! Mush!! Someone crack a whip at those hamsters at PW... Put to use all those hudreds of thousands you raised selling Zen and buying Cryptic and bleeding the game dry!!
  • extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and the race is on my 2 yr laptop against my sisters desktop :)
  • extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    extremis0 wrote: »
    and the race is on my 2 yr laptop against my sisters desktop :)
    and my laptop seems to be making some kick TRIBBLE time getting 30 mb per min
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    4 hours and 65% done... pisstake much?
  • captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What i dont understand is my patcher says i have 13 meg left to patch and i have stuffed 60 meg into it so far.

how the heck does that happen?
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]