test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Desires come Season 10

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
Season 7 will be released in the coming weeks, each of the previously released seasons seem to have had a gap of between three and six months; season 6 having been released back in July, we'll have season 7 within 5 (or 6) months depending on delay.

I've no doubt that there are already internal discussions going on surrounding season 8, hopefully a lot of that talk is excluding the Federation (cause frankly, we've got enough for them for the time being).

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to realistically detail everything we would want to see in the game once we get into Season 10 (this can include Season 10 content too).

##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### #####

By Season 10 I would like, most importantly, to see the full development of both the Klingon Defence Force and a fully playable (level 1 through to level 50+) faction for the Romulan Empire (or whatever name you'd give to a rebuilding Romulan-centered faction). This should include a fully fledged fleet (a minimum of 9 ships per tier; three ships per skill choice), a unique featured campaign for each faction (some of the Klingon missions are currently Federation copies/edits; these need to be removed/reworked so that they stand alone), fully accessible social zones along with unique STF, PvP & PvE content.

As mentioned above, I'd hope that Season 8 will at least focus on getting the Klingon Faction up to speed, then Season 9 could focus primarily on a playable Romulan Faction with Season 10 being the next universal update with new missions, ships and features for all.

Season 8 hopes for the KDF would be more (overdue) hair styles for KDF warriors, better attire customisation for KDF clothing, more starship customisation (a lot of the current designs are limited), and a couple of new races to choose from (Talarians as example). Wouldn't hurt to throw in more (M'Ress-style) hair for Caitian and Ferasan choices too, outside of the Z-Store.

Season 9, again as stated; Romulans. You've got the Romulans, you'll have the Reman too. I could personally see the Suliban and Vaadwaur being implemented as allies, as with (to a certain extent) the Son'a.

I'm aware that the development team doesn't exist just to work on new races, and I'm not suggesting that seasons 8 & 9 focus only on the above two mentioned factions, what I am saying is that they should be the main focus. You'll obviously have other featured episodes to play with (one that rewards with a Cardassian Boff would be nice (hint hint)), and more stories to tell.

More for Season 8 (seeing as there is less work faction wise as we've already got half a Klingon one); Unique Bridge Officers, specifically Breen, Jem Hadar and Reman ~ a little user customisation would go a long way to making a lot of people happy. Doesn't need to be a great deal, just some. Maybe give us 10 templates to choose from in regards to appearance or something then a unique attire or three to match? Just some variation so we're not all running around with identical Boffs.

Anyway, that's it from me, for now. I'd ask other people throw their wishes in here too, though would ask that you remember this is specifically up to season 10. Anything you might think wont get covered before season 10 (a playable Tholian faction) there isn't any point in mentioning, cause it wont be a realistic goal.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Inb4 disparaging lockbox comment.

OK, things I'd want...

I'd want an exchange that only lets you pick up an item from the place it was listed (you can still buy from Tuffli/D'kora/Azura/Vov'wI, but you'll need to actually collect it), thus making a few major trade hubs, but also the chance of getting a bargain if you can be bothered to fetch the items from somewhere out of the way.

I'd want a check-box you can turn on and off at will, and if you turn it on you're flagged as open for PvP at any time by anyone clicking on your ship of the opposing faction(s). If you're in a ship, space combat. On foot, ground combat. Anyone in your team will join with you, and the same for the aggressor.

Also, I'd want an instanced room on the fleet starbase that I can decorate to my own personal tastes. Operating in a similar principle to bridges, ie people can be invited, but with much more customisation and the added bonus of the rest of my fleet's personnel being just the other side of the door for a chat.

I also think that EVERY non-unique item* in the game should be craftable from NON-CONSUMED-ON-USE schematics/blueprints. I'd maybe limit crafted stuff to 2 hand-picked modifiers though, so the NPC [Acc]x3 drop is still worth a chunk of EC.

*weapons, armour, shields, devices etc, the only exception being STF-gear and the like.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    Season 7 will be released in the coming weeks, each of the previously released seasons seem to have had a gap of between three and six months; season 6 having been released back in July, we'll have season 7 within 5 (or 6) months depending on delay.

I've no doubt that there are already internal discussions going on surrounding season 8, hopefully a lot of that talk is excluding the Federation (cause frankly, we've got enough for them for the time being).

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to realistically detail everything we would want to see in the game once we get into Season 10 (this can include Season 10 content too).

By Season 10 I would like, most importantly, to see the full development of both the Klingon Defence Force and a fully playable (level 1 through to level 50+) faction for the Romulan Empire (or whatever name you'd give to a rebuilding Romulan-centered faction). This should include a fully fledged fleet (a minimum of 9 ships per tier; three ships per skill choice), a unique featured campaign for each faction (some of the Klingon missions are currently Federation copies/edits; these need to be removed/reworked so that they stand alone), fully accessible social zones along with unique STF, PvP & PvE content.

As mentioned above, I'd hope that Season 8 will at least focus on getting the Klingon Faction up to speed, then Season 9 could focus primarily on a playable Romulan Faction with Season 10 being the next universal update with new missions, ships and features for all.

Season 8 hopes for the KDF would be more (overdue) hair styles for KDF warriors, better attire customisation for KDF clothing, more starship customisation (a lot of the current designs are limited), and a couple of new races to choose from (Talarians as example). Wouldn't hurt to throw in more (M'Ress-style) hair for Caitian and Ferasan choices too, outside of the Z-Store.

Season 9, again as stated; Romulans. You've got the Romulans, you'll have the Reman too. I could personally see the Suliban and Vaadwaur being implemented as allies, as with (to a certain extent) the Son'a.

I'm aware that the development team doesn't exist just to work on new races, and I'm not suggesting that seasons 8 & 9 focus only on the above two mentioned factions, what I am saying is that they should be the main focus. You'll obviously have other featured episodes to play with (one that rewards with a Cardassian Boff would be nice (hint hint)), and more stories to tell.

More for Season 8 (seeing as there is less work faction wise as we've already got half a Klingon one); Unique Bridge Officers, specifically Breen, Jem Hadar and Reman ~ a little user customisation would go a long way to making a lot of people happy. Doesn't need to be a great deal, just some. Maybe give us 10 templates to choose from in regards to appearance or something then a unique attire or three to match? Just some variation so we're not all running around with identical Boffs.

Anyway, that's it from me, for now. I'd ask other people throw their wishes in here too, though would ask that you remember this is specifically up to season 10. Anything you might think wont get covered before season 10 (a playable Tholian faction) there isn't any point in mentioning, cause it wont be a realistic goal.

agreed from top to bottom
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That would be great :)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    By Season 10 the xp system will be removed and the reputation system will be expanded to include the Federation and Klingon Defense Forces in order to provide consistency. Mission marks will be awarded based on completion of successful missions and a special mission will have to be run in order to advance through the ranks. Mission marks and dilithium will also be needed in order to run the special mission to commission a ship from the space dock. You will also be able to unlock access to new sectors allowing you to find new patrol missions. In some sectors you will get special consumables you can use to run special projects to unlock a store for new space sets such as the Jem'hadar set. At level 8 a project can be run to gain control of junior officers who you can send on special missions to gain influence with various departments (we will call it a doff system).

This is all done to provide the MAXIMUM customization options for your character, as you can run new missions to unlock special rank titles and costume options for your uniform allowing you to remain at the rank of your choice if you choose or to be able to advance to Vice Admiral.

The Defari reputation system will include a special access to dailies awarding dilithium and a store featuring a special Breen styled Space set.

Mission rewards from the current Featured episodes will all have gone and be shifted into a reputation system so anything of blue quality or higher will have to be bought with dilithium, as per the current Reman shield.

Realistically by season 10 the game will be totally different to the game as it existed at season 4 except the KDF ship line up is still in its currently reduced state. The idea of a subscription differences between a F2P and a subscriber will have long since been eradicated.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i would like to see more stf type missions maybe with the other races in the game. allso more kdf stuff and playable romulans i play fed n kdf. :P
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Agree. But... i believe that Cryptic/pwe need develop full KDF side before other race/faction
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Mission rewards from the current Featured episodes will all have gone and be shifted into a reputation system so anything of blue quality or higher will have to be bought with dilithium, as per the current Reman shield.

I say no to this. I do not want to see all rewards folded into the Reputation system. It's not practical anyway since the Reputation system is only open to players at level 50+, and there are many missions and FE's that are available to lower-level characters.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My post was more 'tongue in cheek' about what cryptic are likely to want and not my own desires. The option to completely remove the level system and replace it with a single branched reputation system keeps the entire game uniform and expandable in more diverse ways. It is also apparently catering for what many players have 'been calling for' as has been the justification for several of the things appearing in season 7.

The Romulan system has already currently shifted rewards away from the Reman FE series, and the console has left the Assimilation mission, so I see this trend continuing later on as they are otherwise killing the need for people to craft/buy items with dilithium.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • pwecanbitemepwecanbiteme Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More dilithium sinks.

Even fewer ways to obtain it.

Don't scoff! This will fix the game.
  • misskoryamisskorya Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Agreed.

I'd also add playable cardassians, and more ways to get Dilithium, support for the solo player, and each faction being on point with each other.
    Stormwarden Tessara Tharneth

Hellbringer Mera Smoak

Classes Wanted: Druid | Monk | Bard | Sorcerer | Barbarian
    Races Wanted: Half-Orc | Gnome | Warforged
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dma1986 wrote: »
    Inb4 disparaging lockbox comment.
    Good call. ;)
    I'd want a check-box you can turn on and off at will, and if you turn it on you're flagged as open for PvP at any time by anyone clicking on your ship of the opposing faction(s). If you're in a ship, space combat. On foot, ground combat. Anyone in your team will join with you, and the same for the aggressor.
    Not a bad idea this. ;)
    Also, I'd want an instanced room on the fleet starbase that I can decorate to my own personal tastes. Operating in a similar principle to bridges, ie people can be invited, but with much more customisation and the added bonus of the rest of my fleet's personnel being just the other side of the door for a chat.
    So every member of a fleet has their own... room? I'd rather you have this on your starship than your fleet base. Surely any Captain is going to have their own, customized quarters on their starship than they would on a starbase? Still, it's an idea. :)
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Romulan Faction out of D'Tan's new Romulans, who unify all of the Romulan people... or at least the majority (offshoots and splinter group races are a Trek and Science Ficton trope, after all).
    I'm still not so sure about D'Tan. Was playing the early KDF episodes today and they've got you fighting the Romulans. Yet here we are, in the same year, allying with them. Not something I'd think J'mpok would do, especially considering the way Martok went down (for supposedly being weak and too open to outsiders). I guess J'mpok is a hypocrite.
    misskorya wrote: »
    I'd also add playable cardassians, and more ways to get Dilithium, support for the solo player, and each faction being on point with each other.
    I can't realistically see Cardassians any time soon (before or during season 10). It's unfortunate. :(
  • tetonicatetonica Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 8: Full KDF Content

-10 KDF exclusive missions

C-store Orion, Gorn and Nausican bridge packs

C-Store Negh'Var with Heavy Disruptor console/weapon and LTC and Ensign tac slots

C-Store Gorn heavy cruiser, orion escort(a ship, not a callgirl. Although... :P ) Nausican escort carrier to be rolled out throughout the season.

2 New level 50 STF's/FA's vs anything other than the borg or tholians

Season 9: Full PVP revamp

Full balancing pass for all ships, weapons and equipment(ground and space)

Equipment that has been removed from the game is either replaced with an item of the player's choice or is made available through crafting.

PVP is reworked as a persistant on-going territorial conflict which players can affect the expansion of borders, conquering of worlds and space based assets with a reward system that tracks your participation and efficiency/effectiveness(your percentage of completed goals, kill/death ratio, etc) similar to the reputation system.

GIVE THE PLAYERS A REASON TO PVP :cool:

Season 10+11: Full Romulan Faction + finish balancing off the factions re: ships and content with an eye towards a future of cross-faction content only for both pvp and pve

Too tired to go into this. Briefly, make it more intrigue/espionage/covert-based content rather than simply "go here, shoot this" missions. Scimitar IS NOT made a player owned ship, for the simple fact it should remain an over the top overpowered NPC only asset.
    Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
    Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
    Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
    edited November 2012
    tetonica wrote: »
    Scimitar IS NOT made a player owned ship, for the simple fact it should remain an over the top overpowered NPC only asset.
    Sure you're not talking about the Vesta Class? :P
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012

ummmm...

Season 7 in Five or Six months... ???

Even though it's become a Trek cliche..., Try... T U E S D A Y of this week.

My biggest desire for Season 10...

That the Game will still be around to play.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Season 7 in Five or Six months... ???

Even though it's become a Trek cliche..., Try... T U E S D A Y of this week.
    You might want to re-read my post. :)

I wasn't referring to us having to wait another five or six months, but was instead stating we've been waiting five or six months since season six.
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With all the unhappy people about season 7 already, what makes you think this game will be around for season 10? I think you are getting way to far ahead of yourself there.
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agreed with the OP throughout.

I would add that I would like to see the Hirogen join the Romulan faction.

Since the former Romulan government let them hunt in Romulan space, I'm sure they'd be able to work something out with the new government. It would add a good amount of variety to the faction I think.
    edited November 2012
    jackdonner wrote: »
    With all the unhappy people about season 7 already, what makes you think this game will be around for season 10? I think you are getting way to far ahead of yourself there.
    I agree, I am far too optimistic right now. I don't honestly think STO will continue through till Season 10; the playerbase will have dropped significantly between now and then (especially with SWTOR going F2P later this week). SWTOR has a heck of a lot more financing going into it than STO does, and it'll no doubt be a better overall experience, and I doubt the developers will be money-focused unlike the STO team are.
    I would add that I would like to see the Hirogen join the Romulan faction.
    I did think about them, but then the Hirogen are few and they've only one actual purpose in their life; that is, to hunt.

If they'd include the Hirogen at all, it should be as a one-time Zen Purchase, thus allowing you to have a maximum of one Hunter in your crew. Any more and it just wouldn't seem plausible.
    Since the former Romulan government let them hunt in Romulan space, I'm sure they'd be able to work something out with the new government. It would add a good amount of variety to the faction I think.
    The Romulan Government didn't let them hunt, it was Sela that granted them that status, and she's currently disappeared. It stands to reason that whatever agreement was made between Sela and the Hirogen fell through once she vanished. I can't see other Romulan states allowing the agreement to continue.
  • outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TOR's F2P system is a joke. If people are playing a scifi game just to play Scifi go play EVE.

I myself? I'm uninstalling Tribes and Global Agenda to make room for GW2.
    edited November 2012
    TOR's F2P system is a joke.
    Considering TOR's F2P hasn't been released yet, how do you know whether it's a joke or not?

Better still, could you elaborate (using STO as a comparison) as to why TOR's F2P is a joke?
  • outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a feeling if Star Wars the Old Republic (aka SWToR) WASN'T launching its F2P version on Thursday, 11/15/12 (which it in fact is); I think we would be seeing Season 7 launch on a Thursday; but obviously, they want to have a chance to make their own 'splash' for a couple of days before the media explodes with "SWToR is now F2P..."

(Although seriously, if you want to see a REAL 'money-grubbing F2P implementation, look no further than SWToR's as:

- There's NO WAY to earn their store currency (called Cartel Coins) in game at all.

- They are charging non-subscribers for UI elements (you get two hatbars for your powers in game. Want/need more - which you will around Level 30 - pay for it.

- Did you have a piece you Purple or Orange gear drop and you want to use it? You need to pay for a license to do so, PER PIECE.

- There's even more, but the list would get long. They should term is Free to Play, a more accurate term would be 'Free to Pay'.)

^^^
    Yeah, I was going to log in and finish the storylines on my Alts that I hadn't gotten to 50 before unsubbing last April; but after looking over the F2P matrix, I figured why bother?

Thiiis should explain he made this post in another thread.,
    edited November 2012
    Thiiis should explain he made this post in another thread.,
    Gratitude for posting his quote, it helps with the explanation, and it would seem I stand corrected in that TOR isn't quite going to be as free as people might like to think; if they wish to play it at least.

That being said, if you compare a gold membership of TOR and STO, I'd expect TOR would easily come out on top as the better, more fulfilled game. Least, the way STO is going with Season 7 (and it's dilithium reduction), come Season 8 it'll probably be near impossible to gain access to STO Zen Currency save paying for it.

Edit: Maybe 'F2P' is becoming a thing of the past, and is instead acting as more of an extended Demo.
  • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A a lot of stuff terror dome needs to be put on que.

Dump the crystal entity.

Delfar needs a boost nothing but green TRIBBLE at the craft vendors.

Finsh the delfar planet map so we can buy rare weapon equip. right now all you can buy is squids for cryo tribbles.

Fix the Tholan fleet que all the missons give you is enviromental suits and a few sonic weapons.

How about a end game?

What happend to weekly missions someone dropped the soap on that one.

New Red alerts need to be made.

This is the typical lazyness of cryptic that we hoped Perfect World would fix now its all about sucking up your real cash with drop boxes.
  • snooshie1snooshie1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One thing I've wanted since the beginning is a synergy bonus with BOFFs.
    I've pretty much had the same BOFFs since I started and after hours customizing them and gearing them up they still feel disposable. How many times did we see Picard glance at one of his officers and they knew what he was thinking. I think that we should get a bonus from each BOFF based on the time they've been employed by your captain

Anyone else?
    edited November 2012
    snooshie1 wrote: »
    I've pretty much had the same BOFFs since I started and after hours customizing them and gearing them up they still feel disposable. How many times did we see Picard glance at one of his officers and they knew what he was thinking. I think that we should get a bonus from each BOFF based on the time they've been employed by your captain

Anyone else?
    It would be a good thing to have, though at the moment, I'll settle for reduced Dilithium Costs.
  • dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    snooshie1 wrote: »
    One thing I've wanted since the beginning is a synergy bonus with BOFFs.

Anyone else?

Hmmm... Maybe Boff damage accolades? Teamwork bonus over time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]