test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about something in the patch notes

jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
The Cure: updated the Leaver penalty so that players who complete the entire mission, but not a particular sub-mission step will be able to leave the map without getting a penalty.

What exactly does this mean? I cant make head or tails of this.
Post edited by jackdonner on

Comments

• topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was wondering this too, I sat and read it several times, blinked, and gave up.

I think what it might refer to is the no cooldown bug being fixed, but if that's what they mean it's an incredibly stupid way to phrase it because it sounds like something completely different!

It could also be a reference to the getting kicked out of STFs bug, which I've only noticed in CSE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    actually, it sounds more like if the mission was completed but you somehow bypassed one of the previous/sub mission steps, it wouldnt count the mission as complete, and thus give people who left the STF leaver penalty.
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tenkari wrote: »
    actually, it sounds more like if the mission was completed but you somehow bypassed one of the previous/sub mission steps, it wouldnt count the mission as complete, and thus give people who left the STF leaver penalty.

Never encountered this, but there is a bug in CSE where sometimes the mission finishes but the leave button doesn't pop up for 1 or 2 extra minutes. If you don't wait and leave right away you get a nice one hour global STF ban. Though I'm not 100% sure if this was exclusive to CSE or if I had it once in ISE too, hmmm....

Maybe this is refering to that, though if it happens it happens to the whole team and not individual players.
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was wondering this too, I sat and read it several times, blinked, and gave up.

Im glad i wasnt the only one. :o
    I sure hope we can get some true clarifacation on this.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jackdonner wrote: »
    The Cure: updated the Leaver penalty so that players who complete the entire mission, but not a particular sub-mission step will be able to leave the map without getting a penalty.

What exactly does this mean? I cant make head or tails of this.

Its means that CRYPTIC doesn't even know how their own games works, its aka Fartards.

The optional is just that the optional, you cannot complete an optional after the main mission itself is done, thus you will not accrue a leaver penalty after its done.

UNLESS: They are making a reference to a known bug.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Sounds to me that people were getting a lever penalty in The Cure if they didn't complete the optional yet still completed the main mission, and this is meant to fix it.
    Must be a bug, but whether it is ground or space (it does not specify) it is one I have never encountered in my many many runs....