test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happens if my Fleet CO stops playing?

mccatomccato Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello!

I was wondering, does anyone know what happens if a fleet CO stops playing/unsubscribes?

Is there anyway to gain control of the fleet? We're going on almost a month that the CO hasn't played. It's getting a little annoying, because we're not able to change fleet projects or anything like that.

I'm the second highest in the fleet, but am only a Jr officer. There are no Sr. Officers in the fleet.

Thanks for any help!
Post edited by mccato on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After 30 days, it's possible to take command of the fleet. Sounds like you're getting close to that point.

I'd suggest retooling the permissions on the top few ranks when that point comes, make sure that there's always at least one extra person who can set up projects. In my fleet, a number of people have that ability, even though the rule is only two actually do it, if they're unavailable there's always people who can step in and keep projects from stalling out.
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Correct.

Check the Fleet Permissions.
    See if you are "checked" for the appropriate areas of concern.

Ultimately ... if your situation persists .. you made need to transition into a new Fleet.

I welcome you and fellow members to check out Delta Fleet.
    PM me @WanraK
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I sure hope you manage to sort out the problem!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hevach,

How would I go about taking command? Do I do that through a GM or what?

Thanks!
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Afraid CSR will not help transfer leadership if the leader disappears. You need to have a Co-owner of the Fleet with the rank of Leader (in the fleet ranking system) to continue.

So either the leader passes on the baton to a new leader or you have to form another fleet.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well Hevach made it sound like after a month there was something that could be offically done.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mccato wrote: »
    Well Hevach made it sound like after a month there was something that could be offically done.

after 30 days of the leader being gone you will be able to take over the fleet.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Neoakiraii how would I go about doing that?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Neoakiraii how would I go about doing that?

whoever are the highest Rank that is still active will get an option after 30 days of the leader being gone to take command of fleet in the Roster section.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    whoever are the highest Rank that is still active will get an option after 30 days of the leader being gone to take command of fleet in the Roster section.

Is this new? I never remember it to be that way. If thats the case then it is similar to Guildwars, where the highest ranking member assume control of the fleet if the leader is gone for more than 30 days.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    Is this new? I never remember it to be that way. If thats the case then it is similar to Guildwars, where the highest ranking member assume control of the fleet if the leader is gone for more than 30 days.

It was put in with season 6. So, 'kinda' new.
    maristonmariston Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just had this happen on Tribble. A "Claim Leadership" button will appear on one of the fleet tabs.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stark2k wrote: »

Yes. It was this way about a month after bases was launched. You have to be the highest active to see it though. I got my KDF fleet in September because one guy wouldn't take over the fleet from the leader who hasn't been on since 2011. Once he stopped for a month it opened up to me.

Fed side I was the leader already but the guy who started it kept the top spot and renamed his rank "Caretaker" and he stopped playing. Then the fleet base thing happened. Then a month later Cryptic put in the take ownership option. So for the first month, that fleet couldn't do squat with the base either.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The same thing happened to me, in the first 10 to 20 days, from over 800+ days ago, I was asked to join a fleeet.

I told them my gaming hours, were quiet different, but they were okay with it. When the Fleetbase thing was started a while back, I check my status with the fleet...I was the only person actived and many others stopped playing from 2010 to early 2011. The option to take over was there. So I did...

Now, there are two others who came back and are helping with the base *somewhat*. The original creator stopped playing in 2010.

And I was a 'recruit' when that happened, and that status remained throughout, until I took over the fleet operations.

Now, new title 'Admiral of the Fleet'...came a long way. :D
    Hello!

I was wondering, does anyone know what happens if a fleet CO stops playing/unsubscribes?

Is there anyway to gain control of the fleet? We're going on almost a month that the CO hasn't played. It's getting a little annoying, because we're not able to change fleet projects or anything like that.

I'm the second highest in the fleet, but am only a Jr officer. There are no Sr. Officers in the fleet.

Thanks for any help!
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.