test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galor advice

amdarkwolfamdarkwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
My plan is to run a galor, on a tac cap, with 8 spiral waves. Idea is to run FAW almost constantly with APBII(I think II) up as much as possible. My question is what to do with the lt commander and commander eng boff slots.(current is set with reverse shield pol III and aux ot struct i think)

Current setup is

Tac: TTI, FAWII,
Tac: TTI, FAWII, APBII
Eng: EPTSI, EPTWII, AtSII, RSPIII
Eng EPTWI, EPTSII
Sci HEI
(Reason im running 1 WPTS I and 1 EPTSII and the same with EPTW 1, 2, is I need that eng boff for my defiant so he has to have both EPTS skills, otherwise I'd have both eng with EPTWII and EPTSII)

I've run it in many borg stf's and my only setback is the lack of hull heals(something in cure can almost wipe out all your hull without touching shields, and it always takes me some time or luck with borg set II, to get hull back)

I've never seen my weapons power drop below 90, and is usualy at 95, but when I reduce it to 100 base, it can drop to 80 or less sometimes, i'm not sure why, but I think the EPTW somehow breaks the cap?

Now question is, should I swap out the Aux to struct II for RSPI(for more shield tanking cuz i eat agro fast) Or swap out RSPIII for another repair?

(Setup is typical, 8 spirals, borg deflect, maco engine, shield, 3x field gens, 1 neut, borg mod console, 3 hull resist mods depending on what im doing, and 3x disruptor induction coils)

So anyone got this idea in action and could toss a pointer or two(I am typically a definat R pilot, so the galor is a bit of a shift into a new area for me, have had it for a long time, but it never got much use)
Post edited by amdarkwolf on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Let's take a look-see...

I will say that 3 piece Borg is generally my preference, but a 2-2 split will work as well.

Three disruptor consoles, that's ok, I'd recommend 2 field generators, and then either move your Borg console there, or add in something like an Emitter Array, to make your shield heals better. 3 Field Generators aren't gonna help as much as you think. I'd also say just stick to all Neutroniums, but that's just me.

The 8 Spiral Wave Disruptors are fine, because of what you are wanting to do.

As for your question, yes, E-power to Weapons can 'break' the cap in a matter of speaking, when it comes to beams at least. So you can fire off many beams with less of a drain on your normal power for a bit.

Anywho...BOFF layout:

I can see it's quite tac heavy of course. The big problem though, is you have 4 E-power abilities, that's a LOT of shared cooldowns. Here's a couple set-ups for you:

Cmdr Engineer: E-power to shields 1, RSP 1, Aux to Structural 2 (OR E-power to weapons 3), Aux to Structural 3 (only if you have E-power to weapons 3 though, if not, EWP 3 can be useful).
    Lt. Engineer: E-power to weapons 1 (if you don't have E-power to weapons 3, or an engineering team can work), RSP 1.
    Lt. Cmdr tac: TT 1, FAW 2, APB 2 (you can also switch those, Beta 1, and FAW 3 is still good)
    Ensign sci: Any heal is ok.

I'm skipping on the Lt. Universal for now.

I'm curious as to what your DOFFs are, because there are some good ones, which can really help reduce all those nasty cooldowns.

Damage Control Engineer: To reduce the cooldown on your E-power abilities.
    Energy Weapons Officer: There are ones to reduce CD on beam special attacks (BO and FAW)
    Warp Core Engineer: Doesn't reduce a CD, but can give power to all systems when you use an E-power ability, giving you more 'bang for your buck' as it were.
    Technicians: If you're willing to go for a Technician build, it can be useful, as it'll reduce ALL your cooldowns anytime you use Aux to Batteries.
    Conn Officer: There are ultra rares which are stupid-expensive, but can reduce CDs on Attack patterns Beta, Delta, and Omega. Not exactly common or cheap, but worth mentioning at least.

All of those but Warp Core Engineer can be stacked to three, and maybe the WCE's can be stacked as well, I dunno. So cooldowns can be reduced quite often without needing extra abilities.

As for that extra universal, I really do recommend sci there, with like TSS 1 and HE 2 (with the normal ensign being whatever sci heal you want). But keeping your current ones there won't hurt it either.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    the reasoning behind the 2 EPTW and 2 EPTS was that with all 4 cycling, 2 are ALWAYS active. each time u start one, it starts 15 second timer on the rest, even those on cd. With a diff EPT skill tossed in, I cant be guaranteed to have weapons and shields boosted 100% of the time.(I run on macro with space that cycles the 4 skills, if I have 2 weap 2 shield, when weapons is on CD, a shield will be open, and vice versa)

The only 'lacking' this build/setup has afaict the lack of hull heals(stuff DOES burn though often enough)

But yes agree with the field gen thing, regreting crafting a 3rd today since it only bumped the shields up by 1k or less(Shields at 15k and change now, was at 14.8ish before with 2) I think I am going to swap out one for a neut(or plasma resist for STF's/Borg)

I also attempted a torp in front and back replacing 1 beam, but I lost almost 1k dps total (tested with ISE)
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd say you have a bit of a mess in abilities.

Your defense has the right idea but is all backwards.

Eng: EPTW1, RSP1, EPtS3, Aux2SIF3
    Eng EPtW1, EPtS2
    Sci HE1

This leaves you with tractor beam issues. If thats ok with you, otherwise you need HE1 to polarize hull, which I wouldn't give up hazard emitters for. Or Change your tactical up.

Tac: TT1, FAW2
    Tac: TT1. FAW2, APO

or if you don't want a tractor escape

TT1, FAW2
    TT1, APD1, FAW3

Reality is you don't need 2 tac teams, you can use cheap Doffs to double up one. Of course Ensign tac is pretty garbage if you have no torpedo.

You can get a cheap Beam overload for burst damage, (or a situational target subsystem). but that isn't a great choice with 8 beams draining you.

For more offense power go 2 pc omega and 2 pc borg... its a nice boost
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is the setup my Tac Captain is using on his Galor...

Lt. Com - TT1, BFW2, BFW3
    Lt. - ET1, EPtW2
    Com. - EPtW1, RSP1, DEM2, AtSIF3

Lt. - HE1, TBR1
    Ens. - TSS1

/\
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Like how all builds after completely go away from the original idea :P

Anyways, I have 2 eng boffs, and One MUST have EPTS I and II(for my f-def-r) so swapping that out is not going to happen. I must work around what I DO have. I have a commander engineer I can muck about with as i see fit, and right now got aux2structII and RSP3 for spots 3 and 4(1 and 2 are EPTWI/II)

The idea is simple, its a stf, ROFLNPC Stomping ship. I don't like it enough to pvp with it, its only job(and its good at it) is painting everything with ATB. (IE think helping others do more dmg)

I noticed after some research that my options for eng skills is quite limited(Funny that tbh, would expect more skills)
  • Options
    bigwig77bigwig77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I use to great effect:

4x single barrel accx2 phased disruptor cannons
    4x phased disruptor turrets

lt cmdr tac: tt1, apb1, csv2/srf2
    cmd eng: epw1, eps2, es2, asif3 variant: epw1, rsp1, eps3, asif3
    lt eng: epw1, eps2
    ens sci: he1
    lt. sci: tss1, tss2

2x blue tt doff
    3x blue cannon doff

omega deflector, engine mk xii
    maco shield mk xii

sif generator
    tachykinetic converter
    borg console
    the console that adds to all defense

3x field gens

3x disruptor coils

so tet glider + disruptor proc + polaron proc + excellent turn + choice of healing/dpsing roles + high shield mod

great ship
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would swap rsp and aux to struct(so you have rsp II and ats III). I don't think RSP III is really needed and aux to struct is a very nice hull heal with a very short cd. You can also simply use aux batteries to boost your heal if you need it.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bigwig77 wrote: »
    I use to great effect:

4x single barrel accx2 phased disruptor cannons
    4x phased disruptor turrets

lt cmdr tac: tt1, apb1, csv2/srf2
    cmd eng: epw1, eps2, es2, asif3 variant: epw1, rsp1, eps3, asif3
    lt eng: epw1, eps2
    ens sci: he1
    lt. sci: tss1, tss2

2x blue tt doff
    3x blue cannon doff

omega deflector, engine mk xii
    maco shield mk xii

sif generator
    tachykinetic converter
    borg console
    the console that adds to all defense

3x field gens

3x disruptor coils

so tet glider + disruptor proc + polaron proc + excellent turn + choice of healing/dpsing roles + high shield mod

great ship

This is a pretty solid build, I wouldn't recommend chaining TSS though.

The best way to get as much out of your APB/CSV or FAW as poss is to double up on Aux2Bat, as seen here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples