test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fed and KDF Duty Officer Pack Price Reduction!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Hi Captains!

I wanted to let you all know some great news :smile: Effective now, the standard Fed and KDF Duty Officer Packs have been reduced in price from 220 C-Store Points to only 160! This change in price is permanent.

Also, the new Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack (info here) is now available in the C-Store for 220 CP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That is a good idea thank you.
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    rouge25rouge25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Interesting.
  • Options
    creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    rouge25 wrote: »
    Interesting.

I wonder what this will do for the EC prices on the exchange? These are the same ones we get for doing General Recruitment, yeah?
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains!

I wanted to let you all know some great news :smile: Effective now, the standard Fed and KDF Duty Officer Packs have been reduced in price from 220 C-Store Points to only 160! This change in price is permanent.

Also, the new Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack (info here) is now available in the C-Store for 220 CP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Could we also get a sale on the duty officer slots, I would love to grab some new packs, but I dont want to spend $5 for a hundred slots.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But.... but..... what??? :confused:

You brought a price DOWN?

Is someone ill at head office, or is it April 1st and I didn't know????

Brandon, whoever had this marketing idea... give them a hug and a great big wet sloppy kiss from me :biggrin:
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sollaf wrote: »
    Could we also get a sale on the duty officer slots, I would love to grab some new packs, but I dont want to spend $5 for a hundred slots.

What he said.
    A 20% off Doff Slot Sale, in final memory of Heretic.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    But.... but..... what??? :confused:

You brought a price DOWN?

Is someone ill at head office, or is it April 1st and I didn't know????

Brandon, whoever had this marketing idea... give them a hug and a great big wet sloppy kiss from me :biggrin:

They had to bring the prices down, (we'll not actually, but it was smart), the prices droped because there is no additonal prize for opening this pack. Becides the new packs has a lot better Doffs, and I wouldn't mind that ship.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Stop cheering me up!

:wink:

The communities trying to be all annoyed at the moment, and this isn't helping...

:tongue:

P.S. Thanks, though it does make sense considering the recent addition to the C-Store, so it's all good.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sollaf wrote: »
    They had to bring the prices down, (we'll not actually, but it was smart), the prices droped because there is no additonal prize for opening this pack. Becides the new packs has a lot better Doffs, and I wouldn't mind that ship.

there is the point, since the Cryptic and PWE merge, out of all the changes made, how many were "smart moves"?

the very forums your posting on are a prime example, this upset a lot of people like so many other changes as of late have.

they could have just followed the recent trend of bad moves and put an extra 100cp on the price of the new packs, people would have still paid for them like they have done with the keys for the lock boxes.

hopefully, this is the start of something special for STO, changes and ideas that make the game feel more valuable and not so cheap.
  • Options
    creepercatchercreepercatcher Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wonder what this will do for the EC prices on the exchange? These are the same ones we get for doing General Recruitment, yeah?

Not quite... the recruitment packs generally have a higher rate of lower end doffs, the purchaseable packs have at least 1 blue or better plus at least 2 green or better.
    ======
    ellbristow > Identity stolen by PWE
    ======

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Rule of Kobayashi:
    If at first you don't succeed, activate "Kirk" mode
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Price reduction is great LOL. If you are poor like me you can just play the system and push out a couple of these doff packs a day too by playing the system they are for which I love the most about it.

The only side note I believe though is with the expanding slots for duty officers that those should come down too for those of us like myself with 15 characters so it won't cost me over 24k c points to max out their roster space.

I think others would be more inclined to buy c points and get into this if the price was a bit reasonable in costs terms for the characters it would cost about for my 15 characters it would cost $309.37 to get them all maxed out so I think Cryptic/PWE should come down some off that make it a bit more reasonable to some people thats like a light bill or rent or whatever... Even though I'm very poor and rely on dilithium though I think with people actually paying for everything they get with real money they would see more sales if it were a bit more reasonable to get them all expanded to get into buying packs.
  • Options
    endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Price reduction is great LOL. If you are poor like me you can just play the system and push out a couple of these doff packs a day too by playing the system they are for which I love the most about it.

Interesting, from the person who spent $200+ on a lifetime sub with that forum vet title.
This discussion has been closed.