test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is left to do after season7

gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
I posted a season 7 question and I got the answer. They want people to not only trade in marks, dilithium, but also doffs to get your stf gear. I cant afford that and most wont be able to . Fleet actions maybe, but is the purples people claim that will be dropping there worth it? The new series in season 7, is that set tied to the missions, or is it based on the rep system and having to spend RL money on doffs. I was thinking maybe pvp, but how long before they find a way to charge us RL money for pvp too.

I have never heard of a mmo being this stupid before. Sure in most f2p you buy packs that cover content but this is just stupid. Any thoughts on what we can do thats not tied to the cstore?
Post edited by gaalom on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most stuff isn't tied to the C-store, but everything is pretty much revolving around Dilithium.

And at the rate Perfect World is running things, Season 7 will be the end of STO (where no Star Trek has lasted beyond 7 seasons). Because there will be nobody left to play or support the game.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most stuff isn't tied to the C-store, but everything is pretty much revolving around Dilithium.

And at the rate Perfect World is running things, Season 7 will be the end of STO (where no Star Trek has lasted beyond 7 seasons). Because there will be nobody left to play or support the game.

Oh there'll be a few...

But probably not enough to justify anything more than Maintenance Mode...

:(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lol i just imagined how we ALL stay, play the game, and buy NOTHING. not a ... .

would take a week and they would make "sales" on everything..
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dilithium price will fall not rise ppl it will be easy to get since gear instances give u 1,4k and u dont need pro alt for them so everyone will get 8k per day easy after update and there isnt any new way of spending it gear and base spending was here before and is here now and after new exspansion dilitium will grove more since u wont need pro alt to ply elite stfs or to wait 1hour cd for easy stfs so prepare for 200-250 dilitum for zen
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »
    dilithium price will fall not rise ppl it will be easy to get since gear instances give u 1,4k and u dont need pro alt for them so everyone will get 8k per day easy after update and there isnt any new way of spending it gear and base spending was here before and is here now and after new exspansion dilitium will grove more since u wont need pro alt to ply elite stfs or to wait 1hour cd for easy stfs so prepare for 200-250 dilitum for zen

What a load. Your logic is completely backwards.

But is the no cd for normal STF true? Because in that case, it's CSN all day erry day for me :P
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium can be managed to a degree, I am not happy about that, but if what this one poster said in my other post is correct then we have a problem. Meaning having to give away your doffs for a piece of end game gear. Doffs are not cheap and they cost RL money via zen. This is the deal breaker for me. I am sure other people it will be the deal breaker too.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Well, we got a lot of new content in Season 7, but over time, content also gets taken way, such as:

- Starbase 24 Ground Fleet Action
    - Deep Space 9 Space Fleet Action
    - Deep Space 9 Ground Fleet Action
    - Fluidic Space Gekli Feeding Fleet Action
    - Crystalline Catastrophy Fleet Action

Additionally, Ker'rat is still as it is and lots of players are so mad at it. And it's still the only spot in the entire game where you can loot MK XII items unless you do STF's and then it's all random and you barely get anything. I hope something is going to be done about Ker'rat in Season 8 when the focus is being put on the two main faction war. Season 9 is the level cap raise, so the path is laid out quite strictly for the next two seasons. However, in Season 8 there is still a lot unknown what's gunna happen with the Romulan faction. Maybe that's the reason why the war is in the focus and we might have a mini-faction based on New Romulus as the new starting location for that faction. It's the best ground map ever introduced, so it would make sense. It's larger than Kronos and SFA / ESD together.

~ Meow
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Players complained STO had no in-game economy and the commodities and data samples, etc were worthless; so once they add a few mechanics that create an in-game economy (and you now actually have to play the game too - to get ahead in said economy), players complain.

Players complained that leveling and other systems completed too fast (including the original Diplomacy stuff that became the Commendation system - so they add some systems you can't complete in a week; and suddenly players are upset quick gratification is going away.

Players complained about lack of content, so when the Devs finally add a new fairly large planetary zone that has content, that content is now considered 'more grind'.

I myself don't care for a couple of the choices made with Season 7; but that said, overall, I think it's a positive step for the most part. Time will tell though as to how the playerbase in general responds; but I think, except for those that seem to have a need for quick gratification; most will adapt and find more things to do then just cycling through STFs day in and day out and something they enjoy as there's now a wider selection of things to do at endgame.

(Edited to add: As to having to get Doffs via the C-Store - I have 4 characters with 200+ Doffs each and have NEVER bought a C-Store Doff pack. The 'Doff Grinder has a dilithium cost now, but there arestill free or reletively cleap in game means to get Doffs.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    From what I understand you need something like 50 uncommon doffs for one piece of end game gear.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gaalom wrote: »
    From what I understand you need something like 50 uncommon doffs for one piece of end game gear.

Considering no one is at Tier 5 in any Rep; I'd need a screenshot before I start believing this is anything but wild speculation. Tier 4 Fleet Starbase projects require 50 uncommon doffs, but I don't see that as being the case with individual items as most of the stuff I've seen (up to T2) is nowhere near that.

If it is indeed the case, that's ridiculous; but I have to say I think you're reacting to someone's hyperbole.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm personally just ticked that nothing substantial is being done for PvP. . .again. Not even so much as a measly map or any fixes for Ker'rat (which suffers from at least 3-4 different glitches that I've observed). I've heard rumors that they'll presumably work on PvP for Season 8. . .but I'll believe that when I see it.

As it is, I'll likely dump this game for a while come December, as I'll probably switch over to playing MWO once my classes are done for this semester, and just leave this game for 6-12 months. Maybe check back later and see if the PvP's been improved in Season 8-9 :/
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dont compare the starbase system to the reputation system. just because there are some similarities they are nowhere near the same. they are designed for one person to get done. in the blogs it never mentioned doffs anywhere in the requirements for any missions....
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, fleet projects are scaled for 20 contributors, and even they are losing the non-common doff inputs.

Doff's aren't that hard to get. Even at 1000 dilithium, cadre packs are still very affordable. You can do the academy quiz mission alone and have more than enough when the mission cycles around again. And if you do doff assignments, you can easily do exchanges and asylums to get higher-quality doffs, which can be broken down for many more common doffs.

People might not like the new costs for upgrading doff qualities or cadre packs, but they certainly don't put doffs out of reach or require spending money.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What is left to do after season 7?

For cryptic's chineese overlords to climb into a limo, ride to the bank, laughing so hard..they wet their pants.:rolleyes:
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    You guys are aware that you can get white doffs at your fleet starbase for 500 fleet credits, right? :)

Shhhh. I want to rob them while they try and buy them off the Exchange.
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Shhhh. I want to rob them while they try and buy them off the Exchange.

Bingo, sure maybe there will be less "free" doff but that means the ones I do get for free will increase in value.

So in reality i should be making the same amount but now with less work of processing free doffs. So the system will balance out eventually its will just be less work for me.

So with 7+ toons I should really be fine. But don't tell the silvers or the folks with LTS with a Stipend they are willing to spend.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Players complained STO had no in-game economy and the commodities and data samples, etc were worthless; so once they add a few mechanics that create an in-game economy (and you now actually have to play the game too - to get ahead in said economy), players complain.

Players complained that leveling and other systems completed too fast (including the original Diplomacy stuff that became the Commendation system - so they add some systems you can't complete in a week; and suddenly players are upset quick gratification is going away.

Players complained about lack of content, so when the Devs finally add a new fairly large planetary zone that has content, that content is now considered 'more grind'.
    Anything you change in a game will draw complaints, including nothing. :)
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I myself don't care for a couple of the choices made with Season 7; but that said, overall, I think it's a positive step for the most part. Time will tell though as to how the playerbase in general responds; but I think, except for those that seem to have a need for quick gratification; most will adapt and find more things to do then just cycling through STFs day in and day out and something they enjoy as there's now a wider selection of things to do at endgame.

(Edited to add: As to having to get Doffs via the C-Store - I have 4 characters with 200+ Doffs each and have NEVER bought a C-Store Doff pack. The 'Doff Grinder has a dilithium cost now, but there arestill free or reletively cleap in game means to get Doffs.)

So everything that people criticize on here is a complaint then? No constructive feedback, just complaining? Does that include your "complaints" then.

I thought these forums were the "vocal minority", yet look at all the changes "you" say has happened, because of the forums. I don't buy it. Cryptic does what it wants, when it wants and doesn't do anything to please the player base, only to see how much more money it can make and ways to make it so you "have" to pay, or suffer a boring monotonous grind.

Unless I am missing some other way that they listen to feedback, then they don't really, as Dan is always saying "we luck at the metrics".

Do they do in game polls really asking the players what they want? Send out emails to all registered and ask them what they want. Nah.

Why is it that when people air their "complaints", it met with supporters such as yourself, belittling them and always assuming what they want such as instant gratification. I have never read anyone say that they want everything for free and they want it now. In fact most people say, charge me $25 bucks for this ship, or that thing and they will be happy, not lockboxes or grind AND pay...

Still the Standard bearer eh Arms.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gaalom wrote: »
    Dilithium can be managed to a degree, I am not happy about that, but if what this one poster said in my other post is correct then we have a problem. Meaning having to give away your doffs for a piece of end game gear. Doffs are not cheap and they cost RL money via zen. This is the deal breaker for me. I am sure other people it will be the deal breaker too.

DOffs are FREE.

you just need to play the DOff System instead of going for the C-Store and Dilithium or EC options.

Come to the DOFFJOBS channel and there will be plenty of people able to give you tips about DOffing in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    So everything that people criticize on here is a complaint then? No constructive feedback, just complaining? Does that include your "complaints" then.

I thought these forums were the "vocal minority", yet look at all the changes "you" say has happened, because of the forums. I don't buy it. Cryptic does what it wants, when it wants and doesn't do anything to please the player base, only to see how much more money it can make and ways to make it so you "have" to pay, or suffer a boring monotonous grind.

Unless I am missing some other way that they listen to feedback, then they don't really, as Dan is always saying "we luck at the metrics".

Do they do in game polls really asking the players what they want? Send out emails to all registered and ask them what they want. Nah.

Why is it that when people air their "complaints", it met with supporters such as yourself, belittling them and always assuming what they want such as instant gratification. I have never read anyone say that they want everything for free and they want it now. In fact most people say, charge me $25 bucks for this ship, or that thing and they will be happy, not lockboxes or grind AND pay...

Still the Standard bearer eh Arms.

This. I will pay. But I will not grind and gamble.