test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Down to the Bones

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Sorry for the repost, but I was replaying the Devidan missions and the system won't accept the solution to calibrate McCoy's cortical stimulator. I looked online and my imputs were right. I've logged off and on and beamed out and back down to reset it. So far it hes yet to accept. He just says let's try it, and it didn't work no matter what I choose.

Is there a different solution from the one I remember?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You have to wait a little bit for him to try it on both patients before he sends you upstairs.
    edited October 2011
    I had that bug months ago.
    As far as I remember I just put in the correct answer a couple of times, then put in a few wrong ones and then tryed the first correct one again, and for some reason it worked that time.
    I cant guarantee that it will work for you too however.
    edited October 2011
    Had the same problem.

I just logged out and back in and it worked fine
    edited November 2011
    None of these things have worked for me. Maybe it's a bug on my char?
    edited December 2011
    Try this:

No matter which of the sick toons you scan first, go to the male redshirt when you're done and wait for McCoy to come back there (he will, you just have to wait for him). As soon as he returns, initiate the dialogue and complete the chapter.

For some reason, it bugged for me when I was adjacent to the sick female blueskirt and initiated the dialogue with McCoy, but it doesn't happen when I'm next to the sick male redshirt.

Give it a try and see if this fixes it.
    edited January 2012
    I am having the same issue... Dr McCoy isnt moving around, he is just knelt down by the girl at the entrance... tried every combination in case the one all the clues were pointing to were wrong... he just says "Lets try it"...
    edited January 2012
    I have the same issue where I calibrate the cortical stimulator and bones says let's try it and nothing happens.
    I've tried al the solutions mentioned here. Is there any other way to complet this mission?
    edited March 2012
    as above with bones and he is knelt down and says lets try it now for aboot 100 times to me on all variables

im about to rage quit! any help please

im choosing 70 at rest and 30 and alert then done all of the options after. then also tried every other i can think of

thanks
    edited March 2012
    for anyone else finding this and need help.

what you need to do is complete the scans and dialogue before bones makes it back to the girl on the floor at front of the door. using options 70 then 30 then bottom selection. do this before he makes to the girl on the floor and your ok and he will attempt to try and heal the guy in red first. after that find the induction coil and then go back to bones when told to to complete mission.

so you may need to exit and relog to get to the point where that scene starts over with bones for the first time.

at last!
    edited March 2012
    really odd bug you have. I have done this mission countless times and never had a problem with it. I scan the Male officer then the female officer than talk to McCoy for caibration: -70, +30 then the interior/exterior option and i'm off to the next phase before he even tries it. I've never been stopped or had to go back down to talk to him. Oh sometimes he gets away from you but i've never had him not accept my solution (once i figured it out).
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Weird 'Bones' said i didn't work but i just noticed the list of things you need to do is now green for 'Help McCoy Pioneer a Neural Rejuvenation Procedure' and McCoy walked away.
    I guess this means it's bugged for what McCoy says but works anyway. Strange bug. :confused:
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • govvgovv Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nah, not working what ever I do ... Doctor is just kneeling down and not reacting to anything I do, so that is 3 quest parts locked and can`t complete them coz of doctor ... nice.
  • lalairlalair Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just completd this quest last night and had the same bug: when you have to give McCoy the calculations to heal the personel. The problem is when you try to give McCoy the calculation while he is back to the spot when you first entered the door kneeling at the crew member. You give McCoy the correct reading and nothing happenes.

I followed the suggestion listed in this post how to complete this part. You have to give the calculations to McCoy while he is still walking around. So you have to be fast to scan the 2 other crew members to get the correct calculation, also have to click thur all the choices after you scan them. To get McCoy to reset I had to beam out, it put me back to the 24th century station's maintenance lift. Click on the maintenance lift and it put me back at the respawn point where I have to walk up the ramps and walk in on McCoy kneeled down to the crew member in the middle of the floor. Clicked on McCoy and the same part started over again and was able to complete it.
  • govvgovv Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah, done the same - logged off, done it the next day, quick to do those few things to get to Doctor part, talk to him when walking around etc. as some1 said above - and all works ... I think it would be decent of some1 to CHANGE THAT if possible, instead of mostly every1 having same problems on it for no reason when 1st time doing it ...
  • alsalilalsalil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think that afdter the update this bug reactivated.

"The Calibrate Cortical Stimulator step should no longer occasionally un-completeable."
    could some1 take a look at it?
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Shouldve made a new thread other then necroing old ones
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • particulatorparticulator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *BUMP*

Just got the same annoying bug

only solution that worked (after reading all suggestions) was to drop mission and start over.

How long as it been since this bug has been reported?

Time to rethink the mission.

Have Bones do HIS job and heal the people himself.
  • borke77borke77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bug is still there, have it now at the moment.. Who'm can I contact?
  • captjosh#9751 captjosh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok, I realize this is necrothreading, but why is this bug with if McCoy moves while you try to talk to him, you can't complete the mission still here. The last post on this thread is over two years ago. This should have been fixed ages ago.