test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

S7 Dillithium grinding and a casual player with less than 100 characters - PROPOSAL

duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
Dear Cryptic, i did notice there is a great upheaval on your politics on needing the Dillithium for EVERYTHING now,

- s5: ships, equipment, weapons
- s6 & s7: fleet base, fleet weapons, DOFFs which were previously free, fleet DOFF's
- fleet embassy
- reputation rewards - KHG, MACO, OMEGA sets, (borg) weapons
- i've read somewhere that the reputation grind will be doable without Dill, so if, that is fine with me

while cutting the Dill. income through STF's, cancelling one-click missions for Officer Reports daily etc..

So i heard, that you want approve which missions count to this daily, which IMHO is a nice thing, cause there are really good foundry missions out there!
( i see you'll approve probably all the featured missions)

But these cuts will hurt the economy, people will rage and leave the game, the starbase projects will stale, the embassy projects - the same.

My proposals towards rewarding the people who actually WANT to play the game in the way you imagined:

- make Officer Reports Daily need only ONE of these approved foundry missions!

- reward us for re/playing the existing episodes missions with Dill (400 for elite, 200 for normal difficulty)

- let us pay for starbase projects and embassy projects with UNREFINED Dill. (helps folks who don't want to have 7 alts)

- expand PVP, give us more maps (as first step to improving it, make a special PVP timeslot, advertise the PVP in the launcher, rankings, PVP reputation... i could go on..)

The next issue i do have with the game is alt-related.
Everything you are doing shows me you need to cut easy ways of getting dillithium, because almost everybody in the game has several alts on an account.
You know, i myself have 9 alts, but WHY? explanation follows:

One would think it is enough to have 3 toons for every faction you want to play.
FALSE!

If i want to have a truly functional TAC in a BOP, i have to skill something truly different as for a good TAC in a BOP which does use SCI powers too, and i need a third toon to have a PVE capable character in a Gurumba using energy weapons.

Proposal: let us have (as a token from the Zen store, could be the same prize as a new char slot) switchable "specializations".
As in WOW, my priest could be a healer or a shadow beast. Let my Tac switch between 2 or 3 speccs, and i will never log into another Tac again!

you could also allow an extra 8k dill refinement limit for every bought specialization, limiting them to 3 per character, while increasing the "new char slot" prize significantly.

The game has indeed improved a lot, and i personally see the bonuses in the new reputation system you are forcing us into (actually i like it),
but it needs to improve further. These small proposals are just a reaction on upcoming s7 changes.

Then there is the crafting (requiring Dill and totally useless), the exploration (lol), non-existing territorial control, lol PVP, there are many here still waiting for playable Romulans within their own faction, also some more KDF ships would be nice (i think there are enough ships already, but if u pull 2 FED ships, it is very impolite to show nothing to the other side.))

Thank you for providing us with the only true MMO trek universe!

Post is a subject of change, please add your proposals!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i dont get it what is huge dilithium sink in new season? araound 100k for gear?
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »
    i dont get it what is huge dilithium sink in new season? araound 100k for gear?

embassy, starbase - both need vaste amounts of dillithium, even incredible on higher ranks

i myself like to have more than one fully equipped ships, i like to try different setups, different weapon types etc..

example: you want to equip a ship with fleet weapons (7x10.000) =70k dill for one weapon type!

And it is not only the 100k for new gear, but 4x100k for every character (previous costs: 0)
    for getting the MACO or KHG, OMEGA, REMAN, BORG sets
    for ONE character!

and as explained for my playstyle i need to play more than one toon to explore all the possibilities the game offers.
    example:
    the toons i play daily (and consider as "mains")
    - KDF TAC for PVE flying a fleet scourge
    - KDF TAC for PVP with a torpedo BOP
    - KDF TAC for PVP with a torpedo BOP and skilled-out gravitons for GW3, and other sci powers
    - KDF SCI for PVP with a torpedo BOP

some of my problems would be solved if there was a possibility to switch between different skill sets.
    (would effectively reduce the amount of played chars to 2 == i would have no reason to exploit the system with easy one-click missions)

and also the respec tokens are far too heavily priced.
    edited November 2012
    ah u need more dilithium for fleet wapons and gear then for thet new 40k per part 20k dilithium and another 20k to get guild points and strabase need a lot of dilithium already biger problem is thet new reputation system needs a lot of officers which we have lack of already most of base projects stop because of lack of them not dilithium
    edited November 2012
    ah u need more dilithium for fleet wapons and gear then for thet new 40k per part 20k dilithium and another 20k to get guild points and strabase need a lot of dilithium already biger problem is thet new reputation system needs a lot of officers which we have lack of already most of base projects stop because of lack of them not dilithium

as you speak of officers - the new currently free Academy DOFF packs will also cost Dill in S7

and you may not have "enough" of dill cause the STF rewards will be reduced significantly too.
    edited November 2012
    u will get 1.4k of thet for gear instances :)so starbase 24 farm time :cool: no more fail partys as they knowed to be often in stfs
    edited November 2012
    u will get 1.4k of thet for gear instances :)so starbase 24 farm time :cool: no more fail partys as they knowed to be often in stfs

could you pls quote your source or link on this?
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry everyone will not grind they will all go Jedi for free next week as Star Wars goes free.

With that as there competition I don't understand why Cryptic would shake up their serious players.
    download.jpg
    edited November 2012
    played tribble gear instances give 1.4k dilitium there
    edited November 2012
    played tribble gear instances give 1.4k dilitium there

ty gonna check that out!

@blakes7tvseries lolJedi will be boring after a week, this is a promise..
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mh, yeah. They need to realize, that they designed the Starbase and Reputation Dilithium costs on the basis of everybody having 1000 one-click Dilithium per day. If they remove 1000 free Dilithium per day, they also need to rebalance all Dilithium costs. It's simple mathematics.
  • izdubar6izdubar6 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    These are far too sensible suggestions. We cannot allow players to be better game designers than the professionals!

Off with his head!
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it's not a dilithium sink, it's a dilithium cash cow. fastest way to get unlimited, immediately spendable dilithium is to buy zen and then sell it on the exchange.

see the logic there?

when in doubt or confused over seemingly strange decisions...look to who profits. everything makes sense then, applies to pretty much everything.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    An easy fix to most problems is that when we sell stuff to vendors allow the choice of do you want energy credits or dilithium for your item. I finish a mission, I have a common MkX beam array i looted in the mission. I go to sell it I now have a choice, 5k in ec or 100 dilithium.
    edited November 2012
    it's not a dilithium sink, it's a dilithium cash cow. fastest way to get unlimited, immediately spendable dilithium is to buy zen and then sell it on the exchange.

see the logic there?

when in doubt or confused over seemingly strange decisions...look to who profits. everything makes sense then, applies to pretty much everything.

so you suggest the lockboxes and Zen-store stuff are not enough?
    izdubar6 wrote: »
    These are far too sensible suggestions. We cannot allow players to be better game designers than the professionals!

Off with his head!
    her's :D
  • rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2012

see the logic there?

Except no one will be posting dilithium to the exchange in the same quantities, which means the price to get dilithium with zen is about to go up. How does only getting 60 dilithium per each zen sound? Because that's the direction we're about to be headed.

Make a digital item too expensive and people will stop paying.
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The idea behind it is to try and make players want to buy dilithium from the z-store but this will have an adverse effect . In the end ,and I have seen this in every MMO I have played, folks are perfectly willing to purchase stuff ( or invest in a game ) but only if they think they're getting something in return . That isn't the case here : devs are making the dilithium requirements so high - across the board - and at same time nerf the way to get the stuff , folks will simply not bother anymore .

If they think folks will now start to make a run for the z-store to buy Dilithium they are mistaking .I have seen schemes like this in other titles and it has never worked ..

The result of the daily reports mission being "adjusted " to remove the console-clicking will be one : folks won't bother with foundry at all anymore ( which is a shame because they're some really great missions in there ) .

I'm more than willing to spend cash on this game but only if I feel like I'm getting value for money ( ships or uniforms actually require an effort on part of the devs ) . I will never,ever be tempted to buy dilithium ( and I think the vast majority thinks the same way ) to accommodate the lack of effort/vision on the part of designers . It's a blatant attempt to "make a quick buck" but I think we all recognize it for what it is .

The only thing which interests me in S7 is the actual content : missions, the new vesta etc.
    But I highly doubt I will be inclined to "up the grind " in fact I'm 100% I won't do that .
    edited November 2012
    rikwessels wrote: »
    The idea behind it is to try and make players want to buy dilithium from the z-store but this will have an adverse effect . In the end ,and I have seen this in every MMO I have played, folks are perfectly willing to purchase stuff ( or invest in a game ) but only if they think they're getting something in return . That isn't the case here : devs are making the dilithium requirements so high - across the board - and at same time nerf the way to get the stuff , folks will simply not bother anymore .

If they think folks will now start to make a run for the z-store to buy Dilithium they are mistaking .I have seen schemes like this in other titles and it has never worked ..

The result of the daily reports mission being "adjusted " to remove the console-clicking will be one : folks won't bother with foundry at all anymore ( which is a shame because they're some really great missions in there ) .

I'm more than willing to spend cash on this game but only if I feel like I'm getting value for money ( ships or uniforms actually require an effort on part of the devs ) . I will never,ever be tempted to buy dilithium ( and I think the vast majority thinks the same way ) to accommodate the lack of effort/vision on the part of designers . It's a blatant attempt to "make a quick buck" but I think we all recognize it for what it is .

The only thing which interests me in S7 is the actual content : missions, the new vesta etc.
    But I highly doubt I will be inclined to "up the grind " in fact I'm 100% I won't do that .

You are totally right. Right now we (a couple of peeps) are discussing to abandon our very small fleet and just getting into a BIG one, using our small only as a fleet credit's maker, till we have enough marks to buy what on ships we want.

We won't even bother with the embassy.
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rachel1018 wrote: »
    Except no one will be posting dilithium to the exchange in the same quantities, which means the price to get dilithium with zen is about to go up. How does only getting 60 dilithium per each zen sound? Because that's the direction we're about to be headed.

Meh, I won't buy zen to convert to dilithium if its under 155 dill per zen.

I'm sure there are many more like me who think this way.

Jim
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jim940 wrote: »
    Meh, I won't buy zen to convert to dilithium if its under 155 dill per zen.

I'm sure there are many more like me who think this way.

Jim

To me...

Buying ZEN to purchase Dilithium is a complete waste of money.

I'd rather purchase an ITEM (yeah, I know it's all digital) with my money...

Buying Fake Currency with my Real Money, just doesn't sit right with me.

On the other hand, buying a ship or some clothing which I can use over and over again (while the game lasts) is a lot more palatable.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • kathornnkathornn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    To me...

On the other hand, buying a ship or some clothing which I can use over and over again (while the game lasts) is a lot more palatable.

Agree... Zen is the best way to get good item/ship... and Dil is the best way to get Zen(with out real money)...

So, its not logical sell Zen to get Dil...

Its so weird all good things on the game needing Dil all the time... and its alot of Dil... Its like asking you to use Zen to buy the Dil, cuz you cant do nothing with out the Dil and cant get the Dil you need... So its like a trick to make you give your money...

And its not $5... its $10... $20... $50... To get things that arent even that great...

Can some one think how much in real money you need to have everything you need? I mean the best ship, with the best weapons, best set etc... and same for ground... I think it is alot of money... and im sure there is people giving that money...

PS.: PVP suck... why dont they make it a fun thing... And Why dont they just make a lots of giant rooms(no wait to get in)... where you can just get in and fight...

I dont know why, but the only time i got in a pvp, we from Fed lost of 15/0... something wrong wih fed battle skills... Think if its true, in the TV series the Klingon will **** fed in a war...
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rachel1018 wrote: »

has cryptic/pwe shown that kind of foresight? ever? short term gain. like the LTS sale. and you are forgetting that you and the others that don't think this is the reason aren't the only ones paying, during the starbase startups there was thousands of zen for sale...can you imagine the $$$ that popped up in cryptics/pwe's eyes at that point?

as to lockboxes, what? you think that they will ever have enough money? o.O they sell ships, bridges, doff packs, boff's, character slot, boff slots, retrain tokens, pets, etc, etc, etc. and will always be on the look out for ways to make more. there are people who play this who have spent thousands, and that's not an exaggeration.

and they're also banking on the new LTS'ers staying to get their moneys worth >.> you can even see several in these forums defending cryptics decisions...because it sucks to find out you may have bought something you no longer want. denial

been with pwe awhile...this is pretty standard stuff for them. though the blatancy of the grab is new, usually they're not so much in the 'gimme now' camp. preferring to slowly ramp up over a period of time CS sales. which tends to work far better long term.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • kathornnkathornn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    has cryptic/pwe shown that kind of foresight? ever? short term gain. like the LTS sale. and you are forgetting that you and the others that don't think this is the reason aren't the only ones paying, during the starbase startups there was thousands of zen for sale...can you imagine the $$$ that popped up in cryptics/pwe's eyes at that point?

as to lockboxes, what? you think that they will ever have enough money? o.O they sell ships, bridges, doff packs, boff's, character slot, boff slots, retrain tokens, pets, etc, etc, etc. and will always be on the look out for ways to make more. there are people who play this who have spent thousands, and that's not an exaggeration.

and they're also banking on the new LTS'ers staying to get their moneys worth >.> you can even see several in these forums defending cryptics decisions...because it sucks to find out you may have bought something you no longer want. denial

been with pwe awhile...this is pretty standard stuff for them. though the blatancy of the grab is new, usually they're not so much in the 'gimme now' camp. preferring to slowly ramp up over a period of time CS sales. which tends to work far better long term.

I imagine what the people who give thousands to the game will think when the number of players drop and the server close doors... So sad...

lol...
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To me...

I feel the same way .But the folks at PWE /Cryptic actually think that by nerfing dil-rewards and making everything cost heaps of the stuff , all players will flock to the store and buy it with their hard earned cash ( minimal - or rather ZERO -effort for massive revenue is what they think) . All other games out there have shown it just doesn't work that way . You want our cash ? Then give us something of value for it ...it's as simple as that . I'm probably going to buy the Vesta bundle because that involves an actual artistic effort on part of the devs .I'll buy uniforms for the same reason. But I will never buy dilithium , no matter how many nerfs they shove our way . I think the vast majority thinks this way ,but the devs don't realize it yet .
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry everyone will not grind they will all go Jedi for free next week as Star Wars goes free.

With that as there competition I don't understand why Cryptic would shake up their serious players.

I totally agree there seems to be little logic behind some of the shake ups they are going for at the mo.

And the galaxy far far away is going to make STO a bit of a ghost town at least for a while.

HO! Hum!
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All this will do in my case is slow down my aquisiion of stuff and lower my interest in the game.

Instead of forcing me to use cash they end up making me play other games.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one smart enough to treat this disease this way.
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Meh, I've been enjoying the game so far, so I throw a bit of cash towards Zen and Dilithium seeing as there is not much on the C-Store I want.

Considering that on a monthly basis I play STO more then I play any new game I buy and complete, throwing a bit of money to keep the game going is a GOOD thing in my opinion.
    rikwessels wrote: »
    But I will never buy dilithium , no matter how many nerfs they shove our way . I think the vast majority thinks this way ,but the devs don't realize it yet .

Buying Dilithium is okay but if the price goes lower then 155 dill to Zen its just not worth it, heck when it was higher when STO went free to play at 350 dill per Zen I was more willing to convert Zen to Dill ... after fleet star bases and their projects and zen falling to 150-160, I refuse to go down below 155.

When a fleet project such as Tier 2 Engineering is 108,000 dilithium (IIRC), that is $7 worth of Dilithium at 155 dil per zen, and already at the point that even though my fleet takes a long time to collect resources (we are a small fleet) not really all that worth it and I can wait it out for STFs etc.

Jim
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For the record, I only have 19 active characters. :P
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic, i did notice there is a great upheaval on your politics on needing the Dillithium for EVERYTHING now,

- reward us for re/playing the existing episodes missions with Dill (400 for elite, 200 for normal difficulty)

I think THIS is an excellent idea and it would increase people actually re/playing the usual missions. Some of the missions are quite bad rewards,.. I rather do missions than STFs. I would still do some STFs but it would be rather that I can choose what I want to do today rather than I must do STFs to grind. Also .. I would suggest that..

The Romulan based missions also gives Romulan Marks for the reputation system. Then you add Klingon one etc.. then the Klingon missions could give Klingon Marks etc.

Also, I think 200 normal, 400 elite level is a good number.. not to much.. but some to enable you to save up to be spend on the dilithium market or rep./fleet system.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I also think changing the daily reports to 1 foundry mission would HELP a lot.

Playing three foundry missions are very difficult for most players (some missions are very long) that does(can) not spend hours on STO every day.

Also I think having 3 instead of 1 might undo the purpose of that daily. The point is that you play these missions created by the players.. 3 is a LOT, specially if you want to do other missions too.. !

I would suggest that:

- Change the InvestigateReport Daily to one foundry mission instead of 3. Remove all click-one-time missions and make sure none can do such missions in the foundary.

- Reward the existing mission in the story of STO with dilithium, like 200 for normal and 400 for elite. It would boost the number of users playing the ordinary missions. Through in Romulan Marks for the Romulan storylines etc.
  • whitecloud197whitecloud197 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »

while cutting the Dill. income through STF's, cancelling one-click missions for Officer Reports daily etc..

Not going to lie, I am sad by the officer report mission also but at the same time im not. It was pretty cheap to begin with.

But if they approve Dilith rewards on featured Foundry missions that is awesome!

I have not done any foundry missions yet ( I simply dont have time with my doff grind and dilith farming)

But if they offer dilith rewards for some well made foundry missions that would be great! I am really in need of some new missions to do.