test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New fleet store ships?

lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Any word on when they are going to add the excalibur and other ships to the fleet store?
Post edited by lillithiae on

Comments

• Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure they're ever going to add the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter to the Fleet store - their reasoning thus far? No T5 Constitution.

The Excelsior, Galaxy X, B'Rel, Garumba and possibly the Kar'Fi (can somebody tell me if the Phase Shift generator is a console? StoWiki doesn't say) aren't available in fleet versions because they all have powers that are not console based. The Bortasqu variants are the fleet versions (10th console slot anyway).
  • Options
    lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    canis36 wrote: »
    Not sure they're ever going to add the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter to the Fleet store - their reasoning thus far? No T5 Constitution.

First of all, thats not really a valid excuse because all they have to do is lock out the connie skin. Second, that is not "their reasoning"; they(the devs) have given no reasoning. That is simply speculation from players.
  • Options
    husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally...

I wanna see the KDF T2 ships (specifically the K'Tanco) get the Fleet Treatment. Heck, I'm all for ALL non-lockbox/non-Lobi ships to get a Fleet variant at some point.
    lillithiae wrote: »
    First of all, thats not really a valid excuse because all they have to do is lock out the connie skin. Second, that is not "their reasoning"; they(the devs) have given no reasoning. That is simply speculation from players.

I'm inclined to agree here, due to the fact that in one of the past Ask Cryptics, this subject was brought up and they gave a vague response, something along the lines of: "Well, we wanna add new Fleet Ships with each successive Season, so keep an eye out for your favorites, folks!" In the past, they went to the CBS/T5 Connie line, but not that time.

And I don't really buy the "built-in powers" excuse, either.

P.S. The Kar'Fi's Phase Shift power is, IIRC, a console.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    relizarrarasrelizarraras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Phase shift generator IS a universal console.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah the fleet karfi and dacoit will be coming out soon after s6 release.
    They realize that there was a hige discrepancy with the factions and wanted to fix that when they had time
    Should I start posting again after all this time?