test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

newly created accounts can't receive fleet invites?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
A friend of mine just created her account today and she was the fifth one we needed to form our fleet. When I went to do it, it said something about newly created accounts can't receive fleet invites, and I'm wondering what is considered a 'newly created account' and when can she receive invites?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Bump on this one.

I've been trying to find fleet requirements, if people have to be at a certain level to be able to join and came up dry on any results.

My friends and I are probably going to be creating a fleet, and some of the people who will be joining are going to be new STO'ers.

Any answers to this would be awesome!
    edited January 2012
    I'd like an answer to this too ..

I want to form a fleet with my mates this weekend ... and there is only 5 of us ... 3 created accounts in the last couple of days. (2 gold and a silver)

Would love to know if we will all be able to form a fleet together. With no one over Lt Cmd.
    edited January 2012
    New Silver accounts can be used to create a Fleet after they meet the criteria on the Matrix: 20 hours played, a previous Subscription, or carrying a Cryptic Point balance. Without meeting those criteria Silvers can only join established Fleets.
    edited January 2012
    by cryptic point ballance ... is there a threshold there

or can I do one explore mission set ..earn 1440 Dilithium and convert it into 4 C points and qualify?
    edited January 2012
    That I do not know. I assume they want Silvers to buy CPs, though. The whole point of FTP is for Cryptic to entice Silvers to buy at least a few dollars of CPs. :)
    edited January 2012
    then I'm sure they will be happy with me ... but we need another body for our fleet so I made another account to stand in.

No problem with doing some missions ... I cna play him for 20 hours I guess ...but it would be easier to do the explore missions.
    edited January 2012
    There are a number of Gold players who will help you make a Fleet if you ask them in chat. I've personally helped 3 or 4 people make a Fleet when they were short on starting members. Once the Fleet's formed I simple leave it. Just ask around when your on ESD.
    edited January 2012
    Will do :)

EDIT: hold on ... you said ASK AROUND .... how ... in Local?
    edited January 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    New Silver accounts can be used to create a Fleet after they meet the criteria on the Matrix: 20 hours played, a previous Subscription, or carrying a Cryptic Point balance. Without meeting those criteria Silvers can only join established Fleets.

You sir, just earned a green bar

thank you for the info!
    edited January 2012
    Omega273 wrote:
    Will do :)

EDIT: hold on ... you said ASK AROUND .... how ... in Local?
    Yeah. Local will cover the entire ESD, and that has around 75 people in it at all times. If no one responds to you in that ESD instance simply switch to another. If all else fails let me know when you're going to be on and if I'm able i'll pop in and fill for you.
    edited January 2012
    You sir, just earned a green bar

thank you for the info!
    Happy to help where I can. :)
    edited January 2012
    Happy to help where I can. :)

Cosmic_One, would you be free say around Thursday at 8pm EST to help me create a fleet? :D
    edited January 2012
    wrote:
    Cosmic_One, would you be free say around Thursday at 8pm EST to help me create a fleet? :D
    I'm sure I can find myself standing next to the Fleet Admiral contact around that time - barring unnatural weather occurrences. :)
    edited January 2012

I have a slightly different take on that statement. I see it has somebody could do a mission, get 480 dilithium, and exchange it for 1 Cryptic Point - depending on the current exchange rate. Having a single credit is by definition holding a Cryptic Point balance.

For one month's time, 1 Lifetime member can help out 400 different accounts.

... Let the Zerg rush to horde in a bunch of newbies in fleets begin!
    edited January 2012
    Pardigm wrote:
    I have a slightly different take on that statement. I see it has somebody could do a mission, get 480 dilithium, and exchange it for 1 Cryptic Point - depending on the current exchange rate. Having a single credit is by definition holding a Cryptic Point balance.
    As I said in another thread, I assume the CP restriction is locked to purchased rather then Dilithium-earned. I don't know as I never tried it - and since you can get 480 from doing Strange New Worlds at level 5 it's not a hard thing for FTPers to test. :)
    edited January 2012
    Pardigm wrote:
    I have a slightly different take on that statement. I see it has somebody could do a mission, get 480 dilithium, and exchange it for 1 Cryptic Point - depending on the current exchange rate. Having a single credit is by definition holding a Cryptic Point balance!
    Though actually, the Dilithium Exchange gives you 'Promotional' Points that cannot be used or transfered to other Cryptic games. so they don't count... (Every wonder why they don't show up in your Cryptic Account properties...)
    edited January 2012

Thanks will let her know
    edited January 2012
    padrinho wrote: »
    I'll be on at 8 EST. I'll be the bald Ensign Vulcan standing next to the Fleet administrator if you need me.
    edited January 2012
    I'll be on at 8 EST. I'll be the bald Ensign Vulcan standing next to the Fleet administrator if you need me.

Cya then, I`ll be the bald borgified human asking for assistance in creating a fleet :)
    edited February 2012
    Though actually, the Dilithium Exchange gives you 'Promotional' Points that cannot be used or transfered to other Cryptic games. so they don't count... (Every wonder why they don't show up in your Cryptic Account properties...)

Actually, they do. We used this method to create our fleet when our fifth was under the 20 hour limit. Traded ~250 dilithium for 1 C-Store point and he was able to assist in the fleet making.

By the way, this restriction is in contradiction to the free to play comparison chart.
    edited February 2012
    icehawke wrote: »
    By the way, this restriction is in contradiction to the free to play comparison chart.
    Create a Fleet (Guild) --- Silver Players --- FreeAccess Limited [?]

"Limit goes away when any of the following is met: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase."

That seems to be what the handy free-to-play features matrix says!
    edited February 2012
    Create a Fleet (Guild) --- Silver Players --- FreeAccess Limited [?]

"Limit goes away when any of the following is met: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase.

Limit goes away when any of the following is met: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase."

That seems to be what the handy free-to-play features matrix says!

The wording on that is ambiguous. To me, creation is the player/account talking the the fleet rep and making the fleet; not a member of the party.

Anyhow, as I stated earlier, buying 1 C-Store point with dilithium removed the restrictions on that account.
    edited February 2012
    The 1cp seems to no longer work. We had a day old (real time) captain go to SFA, get the 480 dil for the Lore question, and buy 2cp. She withdrew one and left the other in the balance. Didn't help.

EDIT: correction, it does work. She logged off for awhile and came back on, and for grins we tried again with success. Apparently it takes some time for all the hamsters to spin... :)
    edited March 2012
    This is Verified.
    After getting a C-point, you must log out for the change to apply to your account.

Course of actions taken to Verify this: Silver account, Level 5 Federation Science officer, did the "explore strange new worlds" mission, got 1440 dilithium. Sold the dilithium and got 5 C-Points (rate was at 246 dilithium per point) withdrew the points from the dilithium exchange, logged out and back in, zone chat worked after the re-log.
    edited March 2012
    Omega273 wrote:
    by cryptic point ballance ... is there a threshold there

or can I do one explore mission set ..earn 1440 Dilithium and convert it into 4 C points and qualify?

I wish the exchange rate was better, but since you can get Dilithium all over and C-points are bought, it makes a little sense
  • jarimikkjarimikk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We are three Finnish-speaking friends who would like to set up your own fleet in the game but we do not have enough players. :o

That is why it would be nice if a couple of gold-members would come to help us! :)

You can contact me via Facebook "http://www.facebook.com/groups/518418108172546/" If you are interested! :D
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Stop necro posting...
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Stop necro posting...

N.S.,I agree. Start a new thread on the subject.Can a mod beat this zombie with a shovel, and re-bury it?
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It occurred to me that any thread with no new posts younger than 30 days should just be locked. Easy way to stop necroposting.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [Hastily unholstering the [Zombie Control Assault Rifle of Epicosity Mk XIV], he fires a massive blast taking this Zombie thread down!]
    This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember guys, if you see a Necro thread, don't poke it with a stick, leave it to rot.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]PWE Community Rules and Policies[/URL] just report it and avoid posting in it.
    Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on this topic that has been posted in within 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread) and if you do so, make sure to submit a bug report first, and then type up the reproduction steps along with the ticket number!
    Cheers,
    Tobar26th
This discussion has been closed.