test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7

ablachereablachere Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Checked this out on Tribble. So we're going to have to grind STF's more than we did before, and pay in more materials (like Dilithium) to get the same gear we could have gotten with the original grind and maybe a little luck on drops?

:rolleyes:
=/\= ==================================== =/\=
Lt. JG. Abla
Engineering Division, Beta Squad
12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
Post edited by ablachere on

Comments

• thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the new STO!
  • ablachereablachere Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just hope the casual players who wanted something like this to give everyone a chance are happy. They cost the system all around more mats than before
    Lt. JG. Abla
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One positive note to all this, is that one no longer has to only grind STF's, to get the necessary currencies to acquire the gear that was before, limited only to STF's.

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    One positive note to all this, is that one no longer has to only grind STF's, to get the necessary currencies to acquire the gear that was before, limited only to STF's.

<shrug>

But there does need to be more ways to get Omega Marks, IMO. Right now its quite imbalanced, because there are lots of ways on New Romulus to get Romulan Marks, little things you can do, big things you can do, that give varying degrees of Romulan Marks. There needs to be a few more ways at least to get Omega Marks compared to what is already there. One suggestion, add some Omega Marks to Gamma Orionis things like maybe Btran explore, or create some patrols in Gamma Orionis, with Omega Marks as reward. Give us a daily, or something we can do. Just my opinion.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not entirely true !

To get MK XII items you need the borg marks only available on elite stf.

Also
    vestereng wrote: »
    "There will be no more dilithium charge for xp projects in the reputation system", "the projects you have to do to level up will not cost dilithium".

- Al Reves (or however you spell it)

http://priorityonepodcast.com/episodes/PO103.mp3

About 40 % into the show

Cancel red alert, season 7 is going to be great
  • ablachereablachere Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not entirely true !

Also

Ok well i feel better that it's at least not going to cost dilithium for the projects. at that point they might as well really make the casuals happy and stop beating around the bush and just have put it in the Zen-Store
    Lt. JG. Abla
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll believe it when I see it live.

Also, probably means they will go back to STFs not rewarding any dilithium.

And you will still have to spend dilithium to get the gear.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not entirely true !

Also

Yellow alert here.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited November 2012
    Special announcement from today's Priority One interview with CaptainGecko:

Dilithium requirements for personal Rep have been removed, with the changes coming to Tribble in the near future.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    ablachere wrote: »
    Checked this out on Tribble. So we're going to have to grind STF's more than we did before, and pay in more materials (like Dilithium) to get the same gear we could have gotten with the original grind and maybe a little luck on drops?

:rolleyes:
    Welcome to the new STO!

Yes welcome.
    This is what Cryptic does sadly. They allow their playerbase to get to a certain point and then they change the currency and bring out a new system. They then wipe out a good portion of the playerbases saved up currency and makes sure the new system starts players from zero.

This is how cryptic recycles their content ;)
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the whole, it's a better system.

The problem is that there's a wikiality approach to design.. And a focus on designing to maximize benefit for a hypothetical average player, who may not actually exist.

The average of 100 and 0 is 50 but that doesn't mean the average player has 50 of something when 100 and 0 are common results and even when you have a median player who is 35% of the population, it's not all that representative either.

I don't envy some of the choices they have to make in terms of data analysis and strategy but I obviously have my own opinions on strategy for this kind of thing too.
    edited November 2012
    I don't agree.

You are not starting from zero, you are building on top and all your items you can spend now or convert under the new system. Nothing is being wiped.

If you had a ground MK XII set yesterday, you have a ground MK XII set tomorrow.
    If you chose to do the reputation system you will get the set and more than you had before.

If all the stats were the same, nothing new and your old items were deleted including what you are wearing I'd agree.

But there are new outfits for you to get and new items, though I laugh at most of it, I at least recognize it as new content.

And lastly they came out and removed the heavy end of the price for leveling, being dilithium.
    I consider that a huge favour because now we get new items and stats while still earning dilithium to spend on fleet or c-store.
    I think it's generous and I went from thinking about retirement to fully supporting the reputation system after finding out.
    edited November 2012
    I don't agree.

You are not starting from zero, you are building on top and all your items you can spend now or convert under the new system. Nothing is being wiped.

If you had a ground MK XII set yesterday, you have a ground MK XII set tomorrow.
    If you chose to do the reputation system you will get the set and more than you had before.

If all the stats were the same, nothing new and your old items were deleted including what you are wearing I'd agree.

But there are new outfits for you to get and new items, though I laugh at most of it, I at least recognize it as new content.

And lastly they came out and removed the heavy end of the price for leveling, being dilithium.
    I consider that a huge favour because now we get new items and stats while still earning dilithium to spend on fleet or c-store.
    I think it's generous and I went from thinking about retirement to fully supporting the reputation system after finding out.

They reduced the dilithium price for leveling reps?
    edited November 2012
    No

They did you one better and removed it.
    "There will be no more dilithium charge for xp projects in the reputation system", "the projects you have to do to level up will not cost dilithium".

- Al Reves (or however you spell it)

http://priorityonepodcast.com/episodes/PO103.mp3

About 40 % into the show

Had to listen to it 6 times in a row to make sure, after that pure bliss all day

/edit

ps. you are still paying dilithium for items naturally
    edited November 2012
    No

They did you one better and removed it.

Had to listen to it 6 times in a row to make sure, after that pure bliss all day

/edit

ps. you are still paying dilithium for items naturally

Okay. I'm on board. Will be letting my friends who quit know to come back and check out S7.
    edited November 2012
    I assume the dilithium costs of items will go up to compensate?

I'd actually be fine if they raised the marks cost but sold marks for dilithium as an alternative way to get marks.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its called Star Trek Online; The grinding Adventure:P
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In the Priority 1 podcast, its just after the 35minute mark it gets announced about the dil requirement
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not entirely true !

Also

But I don't really need the Mk XII's to play the game on the whole...

I'm not an Elite kinda player so this new system is equitable enough for me.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    corsair114 wrote: »
    Special announcement from today's Priority One interview with CaptainGecko:

Dilithium requirements for personal Rep have been removed, with the changes coming to Tribble in the near future.

If this is true, then it's a step in the right direction.
    Gives me some hope for the next season.
  • suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
  • draconian88draconian88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The devs that think all these changes are good are not bothering to look at the past. All the stuff they are doing right now is undoing all the changes that made people come BACK to the game, if this way of doing worked Branflakes then Cryptic would still own STO and not Perfect World. Please revert all the STF changes and do not repeat the same mistakes you already made. Get a brain and learn from the past. You can't make peoples time worth nothing and bring dozens of forms of currency into the game. Plus have they never thought of how this is going to effect the people that buy Zen simply to sell it for Dilithium? If the total amount of Dilithium available on the server gets cut by more then 60% before the extra dilithium costs are factored in, then how many people are going to be selling Dilithium in the game to people that buy Zen? Either prices are going to go way up and nobody would be willing to pay that increase anymore, or you are going to start seeing that you have more Zen floating around then Dilithium. Both those scenerios are going to have a very large impact on the money you guys make off this game.

Hopefully Branflakes and the other devs will see that they are going to drive a very large chunk of their player base away by making them do more with less. Hell just look at the US economy, its in the crapper yet STO decided to base their entire new system on it...

I used to get 80-100k Dilithium per day, once season 7 comes out I will be pressed to get 4k...