test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the wrong way to make STF regrinding realy

sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
I have 4 medal of honors 2500 min all that time is wiped i have to regrind this a bad joke that I just heard on P1
I have been trying since 5 went live and still don't have set
I think it is only fair for the hard core vets of stf's get moved to top
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you have not completed the sets yet, the new rep system will be a guaranteed way to get it as you basically just buy it once it is unlocked. And you will be able to use your current unused drops towards its purchase. All your common/rare techs, EDCs and salvage will be converted into things which are needed to buy the gear (at least some of it). After all, what are you doing with all your rare tech drops? I got a bunch just taking up space in my bank.

Now, as to whether the conversion is going to be good or not remains to be seen. Hopefully it will go to Tribble soon, and you'll be able to see what you will end up with. Then you can decide if you want to spend what you have now by cashing in to dilithium/getting gear for your BOs, OR letting it convert so you'll have it once your rep system is completely unlocked.
    edited November 2012
    The right way of "helping" players get the Mk XII weapons or MACO etc, would have been to make it available for amounts of EDC like the veteran and regular sets are available, a simple thing like charging 80 EDC per piece of sets already insures grinding, the work put into designing and adopting the new reputation system would have been used in making a way to stop AFKers at STFs and other team based missions, but the new system doesn't address that.
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    I have 4 medal of honors 2500 min all that time is wiped i have to regrind
    What is wiped, though? What are you regrinding? What have you lost?
    I think it is only fair for the hard core vets of stf's get moved to top
    Why? You haven't lost any rewards. You just want immediate access to new ones.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    If you have not completed the sets yet, the new rep system will be a guaranteed way to get it as you basically just buy it once it is unlocked. And you will be able to use your current unused drops towards its purchase. All your common/rare techs, EDCs and salvage will be converted into things which are needed to buy the gear (at least some of it). After all, what are you doing with all your rare tech drops? I got a bunch just taking up space in my bank.

Now, as to whether the conversion is going to be good or not remains to be seen. Hopefully it will go to Tribble soon, and you'll be able to see what you will end up with. Then you can decide if you want to spend what you have now by cashing in to dilithium/getting gear for your BOs, OR letting it convert so you'll have it once your rep system is completely unlocked.

but you need to get to tier 5 in your rep system to get back what you converted.

I think in the end it wont help anyone much (though I have a few hunder EDCs and a few dozen proto and rare techs just so I would prove myself wrong :) plus I have enough dili for now, so I take the gamble)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
    edited November 2012
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    but you need to get to tier 5 in your rep system to get back what you converted.

True, if you're sitting on 500 EDCs and 50 prototype salvage, what have you lost if it's locked away from you for a month? You probably aren't doing anything but accumulating it anyway. :p
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    squishkin wrote: »
    True, if you're sitting on 500 EDCs and 50 prototype salvage, what have you lost if it's locked away from you for a month? You probably aren't doing anything but accumulating it anyway. :p

You've lost the opportunity to use what you have earned when you want to use it.

If a person has played hundreds of STFs, they shouldn't be forced to play more to spend things that they already have. It's like going to another country, changing your currency over, and being told you have to wait until you pass citizenship tests to use the newly converted currency.

The people who have a plethora of STF items have already played tons of Borg content. Why should they be forced to play more to use what they already have?
    edited November 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    You've lost the opportunity to use what you have earned when you want to use it.
    But if you haven't used it already, chances are this is not a substantive loss for you.
    If a person has played hundreds of STFs, they shouldn't be forced to play more to spend things that they already have. It's like going to another country, changing your currency over, and being told you have to wait until you pass citizenship tests to use the newly converted currency.
    It's more like trying to carry over your old pension benefits without doing any work in the new country. Most places don't let you do that.
    The people who have a plethora of STF items have already played tons of Borg content. Why should they be forced to play more to use what they already have?
    Because what they could have spent that stuff on no longer exists in the same form it did at the time they acquired it.

It's like getting a gift certificate for a free ipad, waiting six years, going to the apple store, and being told they don't have any more ipads, that was six years ago. They'll give you some cash for your gift certificate, but otherwise you'll have to pay for what you want.
    edited November 2012
    But if you haven't used it already, chances are this is not a substantive loss for you.

It's more like trying to carry over your old pension benefits without doing any work in the new country. Most places don't let you do that.

Because what they could have spent that stuff on no longer exists in the same form it did at the time they acquired it.

It's like getting a gift certificate for a free ipad, waiting six years, going to the apple store, and being told they don't have any more ipads, that was six years ago. They'll give you some cash for your gift certificate, but otherwise you'll have to pay for what you want.

People aren't spending their STF loot not because they just want to hoard it, but because there's nothing worth spending it on. The best gear in the game is gained by a random drop, and if you are randomly forced to play hundreds of STFs, you're going to have lots of loot, and nothing good to spend it on. That's what this whole revamp is designed to fix - people being forced to play tons and tons of grind to maybe get what they want will now be able to get currency and choose what they want to buy.

Players who have all the loot have done the grind. They've earned their currency / reputation. They should be able to purchase whatever they want with it. If that means they level up their reputation to get whatever the tier 5 rewards are, fine. That's their call. But they should at least have the option of spending the currency that they earned at tier 1.
    edited November 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    People aren't spending their STF loot not because they just want to hoard it, but because there's nothing worth spending it on. The best gear in the game is gained by a random drop, and if you are randomly forced to play hundreds of STFs, you're going to have lots of loot, and nothing good to spend it on. That's what this whole revamp is designed to fix - people being forced to play tons and tons of grind to maybe get what they want will now be able to get currency and choose what they want to buy.
    So what, exactly, are they losing here? Nothing, as you seem to admit.
    Players who have all the loot have done the grind. They've earned their currency / reputation. They should be able to purchase whatever they want with it. If that means they level up their reputation to get whatever the tier 5 rewards are, fine. That's their call. But they should at least have the option of spending the currency that they earned at tier 1.
    This doesn't follow. The fact that they've earned that currency- fine. They'll get them. But that doesn't mean they've earned the reputation. They still have to acquire that.

You're treating the currency and the reputation like they're interchangeable, when that's obviously not the case.
    edited November 2012
    This doesn't follow. The fact that they've earned that currency- fine. They'll get them. But that doesn't mean they've earned the reputation. They still have to acquire that.

You're treating the currency and the reputation like they're interchangeable, when that's obviously not the case.

Having to earn the reputation I can understand. I don't like it, but I get it. People have to grind the reputation to earn higher tiers of rewards. I get that. The thing is, they already have the currency. If they want to spend the currency they've earned on tier 1 rewards because they haven't achieved enough reputation to unlock other tiers, shouldn't that be their choice? Why should people be forced to wait until after they spend months grinding through reputation to use currency that they have already earned?

That's what gets me. People have the currency. Why are they not being allowed to use it? Are the devs worried about a massive amount of tier 1 rewards flooding the market, or something? I understand it's for people who did the long grind to be able to buy the tier 5 stuff as soon as they unlock the tier, but it's the player's currency, and they should have the choice as to what they do with it.