test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So What's New?

originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Some of you will remember me as Shakkar, and yeah I'm still nursing a grudge about them taking my name away. I stopped playing back in May after getting fed up with the lockboxes and wanting to do something new, so I went to a couple other games for awhile. Well, my mind is turning back to Trek now. So I caught up on the patch notes and the dev blogs, guess I missed the starbase stuff but no idea if my fleet was even doing any of it.

Sounds like lots of new fighting content is here and upcoming with season 7, but has there been any story content since May? I did the DS9 featured episodes many times before I left.

So maybe I'm caught up. But have skill changes made builds from before obsolete? What are the most popular things to do now? I have many characters at level 50, though most of them are sporting purple mk xi gear with a lot of aegis sets amongst them. Has the Foundry improvements helped much? I love the story aspect of the Foundry but they still hadn't made them as immersive as playing a regular mission up to the point I left.

Of course I can just jump in and find out some of the new stuff on my own. I'm still at the considering stage of returning though.
I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.
Post edited by originalshakkar on

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some of you will remember me as Shakkar, and yeah I'm still nursing a grudge about them taking my name away. I stopped playing back in May after getting fed up with the lockboxes and wanting to do something new, so I went to a couple other games for awhile. Well, my mind is turning back to Trek now. So I caught up on the patch notes and the dev blogs, guess I missed the starbase stuff but no idea if my fleet was even doing any of it.

Sounds like lots of new fighting content is here and upcoming with season 7, but has there been any story content since May? I did the DS9 featured episodes many times before I left.

So maybe I'm caught up. But have skill changes made builds from before obsolete? What are the most popular things to do now? I have many characters at level 50, though most of them are sporting purple mk xi gear with a lot of aegis sets amongst them. Has the Foundry improvements helped much? I love the story aspect of the Foundry but they still hadn't made them as immersive as playing a regular mission up to the point I left.

Of course I can just jump in and find out some of the new stuff on my own. I'm still at the considering stage of returning though.

When did you leave, exactly?
  • originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When did you leave, exactly?

D3 came out in Mid May, I think that was when I left. So pre Season 6, post DS9 featured episodes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and my real join date is Nov. 2008 and I have thousands of posts. Not happy about losing that either.
    I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.
  • razzilrazzil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Apparently even though my STO account has been active since pre-beta, I can't make threads anymore. Says that I've not been active long enough. What's going on with that? It's new to me so posting here.
  • originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    razzil wrote: »
    Apparently even though my STO account has been active since pre-beta, I can't make threads anymore. Says that I've not been active long enough. What's going on with that? It's new to me so posting here.

You were a subscriber, now f2p if I had to guess. I've had a lifetime since before launch so that doesn't apply to me.
    edited November 2012
    You were a subscriber, now f2p if I had to guess. I've had a lifetime since before launch so that doesn't apply to me.

I'm a lifetimer since launch as well. logged into here with the same account I log into the game with. All my posts are gone, and the site considers me new. Everything is fine in game though, all my ships, and stuff is still there.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everyone lost their names and post counts. It sucks but that's how it is.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
    edited November 2012
    Everyone lost their names and post counts. It sucks but that's how it is.

So my lifetime captain forum title is gone for good?
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    razzil wrote: »
    So my lifetime captain forum title is gone for good?

No, see my name - I still wear the Lifer tag.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg