test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tactical Jem hadar fighter build

kittichailukkittichailuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Federation Discussion
Hello

After buying a bug ship im having real problems setting it up. ie which weapons to use etc, is using the jemhadr space set and polarans worth it? for the extra dps? or use my polarized distrupters that i was using on my retro defiant with omega set mk II or Maco full set

Im using it this setup

3 x DC MKII. either pol or P dis
1 x Photon MKII

rear
2 x Turrets MKII
1 x Photon MKII

using 4 x coils etc

Any help be appriciated..
Post edited by kittichailuk on

Comments

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    by all means use polarons although for a fighter you likely want to shred shields as fast as possible so I recommend tetryons and go Omega set either way with 55-60 power (post boosts) as that gives you the most movement capability in the game
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello

After buying a bug ship im having real problems setting it up. ie which weapons to use etc, is using the jemhadr space set and polarans worth it? for the extra dps? or use my polarized distrupters that i was using on my retro defiant with omega set mk II or Maco full set

Im using it this setup

3 x DC MKII. either pol or P dis
    1 x Photon MKII

rear
    2 x Turrets MKII
    1 x Photon MKII

using 4 x coils etc

Any help be appriciated..

Don't mean to argue with you adam, but the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship was built for the Jem'Hadar set. You put those two together, and you have a ship that is just as nasty as the first bug ever encountered in DS9.

If you use a bug, use the bug set.

Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields
    Jem'Hadar Neutrino Deflector
    Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines

As for weapons? Use polaron. With that passive 7.6% bonus from the Jem set, AND the fact your polaron weapons can also strip buffs off a ship using Victory is Life, why would you not use it?

There is a reason that bugs were feared in PvP. Their only weakness is sci. With the way their BOffs are set up and their consoles, that ship can be a crazy thing to have to fight.

How I personally would set one up:

Jem Set for Shields, Engines, Deflector

Weapons:

Fore:
    Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x4, OR Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x3 and Quantum Torpedo Launcher x1/Photon Torpedo Launcher x1

Aft:
    Polaron Turret x3, OR Polaron Turret x2, Phased Polaron Beam Array x1 (http://www.stowiki.org/Phased_Polaron_Beam_Array)

Devices: Subspace Field Modulator, Deuterium Surplus

Consoles:
    Tactical:
    Polaron Phase Modulator x4, Assimilated Module x1 (cmon guys, you know you love that thing), OR Polaron Phase Modulator x3, Assimilated Module x1, Whatever Torp you have equipped Console x1

Engineering:
    Neutronium Alloy x4, OR Neutronium Alloy x3, RCS Accelerator x1

Science:
    Field Generator, OR Inertial Dampener, OR Power Insulator

BOff Layout:
    Cmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2, APO3
    LtCmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2
    Ensign Engi: EPtS1
    Uni Lt: (Sci) HE1, PH2 (or reverse the two) OR HE1, TSS2 (again can reverse them), (Engi) EPtS1, EPtW2 (again can reverse them), (Tac... ok why would you do this???) TS1, THY2 (reverse if you want)
    Uni Lt: (same as above)

I personally would recommend that you run the two Unis as a Sci and an Engi for good survival and utility.

THAT is a bug to fear.

As DOffs go, I would recommend you use a warp core engineer and a DC engineer, in addition to a technician for the added BOff cd reduction. And if you want to, you can swap out one of the TT1s for a TS or THY, and then run 2 conn officers (TT reduction and AP buffer). If you don't, then that leaves you two DOff slots to do with as you please.

Hopefully not too confusing. If you have questions, feel free to ask, and I will clarify.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • kittichailukkittichailuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thanks guys much appriciated.

I will go to use the jemmy set with polarons :) and give it a go with the boff set up you mentioned :)

ill post how it goes.

Thanks again :)
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Jem Set for Shields, Engines, Deflector

Weapons:

Fore:
    Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x4, OR Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x3 and Quantum Torpedo Launcher x1/Photon Torpedo Launcher x1

Aft:
    Polaron Turret x3, OR Polaron Turret x2, Phased Polaron Beam Array x1 (http://www.stowiki.org/Phased_Polaron_Beam_Array)

Devices: Subspace Field Modulator, Deuterium Surplus

Consoles:
    Tactical:
    Polaron Phase Modulator x4, Assimilated Module x1 (cmon guys, you know you love that thing), OR Polaron Phase Modulator x3, Assimilated Module x1, Whatever Torp you have equipped Console x1

Engineering:
    Neutronium Alloy x4, OR Neutronium Alloy x3, RCS Accelerator x1

Science:
    Field Generator, OR Inertial Dampener, OR Power Insulator

BOff Layout:
    Cmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2, APO3
    LtCmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2
    Ensign Engi: EPtS1
    Uni Lt: (Sci) HE1, PH2 (or reverse the two) OR HE1, TSS2 (again can reverse them), (Engi) EPtS1, EPtW2 (again can reverse them), (Tac... ok why would you do this???) TS1, THY2 (reverse if you want)
    Uni Lt: (same as above)

I personally would recommend that you run the two Unis as a Sci and an Engi for good survival and utility.

THAT is a bug to fear.

Not really sure what is it to fear here... but I would not recommend APB2 on any day. Especically two copies...

Few examples for PVE.

-- basic witthout tac team doffs
    TT1 CRF1 APO CRF3
    TT1 APB TS3

-- all around with tac teams doffs:
    TT CRF1 APO CRF3
    TS1 APB TS3

or something like this:
    -- drop APB for 2 x APO
    TT CSV1 APO1 CSV3
    TS1 TS2 APO1

eng + sci:
    eng1: EPTS
    eng2: EPTS RSP
    sci: HE TSS (or anything else for that matter)

Ditch the jemmi set as it's useless... 10% lolaron dmg is good, but survivability s*cks, so you gonna be dead longer than alive. 3 borg + maco/khg shield is good enuff before S7. After S7 we'll need to rethink our approach.
  • gthaatargthaatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Jemmy set is far from useless, but only if you spec into everything to do with it. Its shields and engines might not be on par with Maco and Omega respectively but that hardly matters when what you get offensively makes up for it. A fully buffed Antiproton Sweep behind an alpha strike using polarons breaks shields in seconds, and the Weapons power buff of the engines easily lets you put more into Engine power.
  • kittichailukkittichailuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At the moment im using full jem set and polarons.

Im killing enemy easily.. but as you said im dying a lot..

Do i have to use the whole jem set to get the extra polaron damage?
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At the moment im using full jem set and polarons.

Im killing enemy easily.. but as you said im dying a lot..

Do i have to use the whole jem set to get the extra polaron damage?

Couple things:

1) you only need the 2 piece for the polaron damage bonus, so you could still use a HG or Maco shield to help survivability. You will lose out on the antiproton sweep, which is nice, but its not a huge deal. In PvP, antiproton sweep is nice for killing BoPs.

2) Polarons aren't that great in PvE. The 7.6% bonus only applies to base damage, so it's a really small buff overall, and you'd be lucky for the actual damage increase to break even when compared to a more damage oriented weapon type like Disruptor or Antiproton. Also, the damage tac consoles are significantly cheaper, so it's not nearly as expensive to put the 30% MkXIIs on a Polaroid boat as it is on a antiproton or disruptor boat.

3) the best reason for actually using the jem'hadar set and polaron weapons is thematic. There are other set-ups that give you equal or better damage with improved survivability.
  • engineerprimeengineerprime Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My setup:Engineer

Fore: 3x Fleet Polaron Dual Heavy 1xFleet Polaron Dual Beam bank
    Aft: 3x Fleet Polaron Turret
    Deflector: jem'hadar
    Engine: jem'hadar
    Shield:jem'hadar -- Maybe play with some other option here!?
    Eng console: assimilated,2x neutronium and the ENHANCED PLASMA MANIFOLD
    Sci console: field gen
    Tac console: 5x polaron
    Devices:Sub Space Field Modulator,Large weapon batts

LUS:Science 2x TSS
    LUS:Borg Engineering EPS 1&2
    Commander tac: TT1,APB1,APO1,CRF3
    Lt Comm tac:TT1,CRF1,BAO3
    Ens Eng:ET1

Doffs:
    3x SDO's (purple)
    1x space warfare +10% all damage output (purple)
    1xHSO (purple)

The bug is new to me but this seems to work well and i like it, any opinions more then welcome as im sure it could be improved!!
    I scored a 37599 hp kill shot on a borg cube 3 days ago with BO3 i like the punch it offers! The shields seem to be a weak point so that could be played with and it dose look awsome with the Aegis set!

OP?

Stuart!
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fore: 1 fleet polaron dual cannon XII [dmg]x3[acc], 1 pol dual cannon XII [acc]x2[CritH], 1 Pol DHC XII [acc][critH]x2. Quantum XII [acc]x2[dmg]
    Aft: 2 pol turrets XI [acc]x2[dmg], one [acc]x2[CritH]
    Deflector: Jem'hadar
    Engine: Jem'hadar
    Shield:MACO XII
    Eng console: assimilated,RCS XII purple, Neut XII purple, and one armor/plating ( varies by situation, I have several. Usually a Tetraburnium XII purple)
    Sci console: field gen XII purple
    Tac console: 5x polaron XII, 4 purple one blue
    Devices: Shield and engine batteries
    LUS:Science TSS1, HAZ 2
    LUS: eng , Emerg. power to shield 1, aux to structural 2
    Commander tac: TT1,THY 2, APO1, CRF3
    Lt Comm tac:TT1, APB1, CRF2
    Ens Eng:emerg. pow to shields 1

Doffs:
    Purple cannon energy weapons officer to reduce cooldown
    purple projectile weapons officer to reduce cooldown
    purple conn officer to reduce evasive man cooldown
    Purple conn officer to reduce attack pattern cooldowns by 15%
    Purple warp core eng to boost power on emergency-to uses.

I bucked the trend for all DHC's. Duals give twice the rate of fire of DHC's, meaning more chances to crit and proc. it's working well for me so far.I also went with accuracy whenever I could. I'll be replacing the XI turrets with XII's when I can get some with at least [acc]x2. And as much as I didn't want to, I went with the MACO shield over the Jem. I lost the AP sweep, but the Jem shields just weren't cutting it, capacity-wise.

comments/questions/ criticisms welcome.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To those running only 2 Jem'Hadar set pieces instead of 3 with polarons: why not equip the 3rd component to get the Victory is Life buff-stripping proc? With three sub-nuc energy weapon DOFF's, most opponents will be hard-pressed to maintain their ship buffs.
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    shar487a wrote: »
    To those running only 2 Jem'Hadar set pieces instead of 3 with polarons: why not equip the 3rd component to get the Victory is Life buff-stripping proc? With three sub-nuc energy weapon DOFF's, most opponents will be hard-pressed to maintain their ship buffs.

The VIL proc is still broken, last I heard. And I'd love to use all 3 pieces of the Jem set, if the shields weren't so weak.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Guys comming from someone who has had the Ship since the 1st week it was out and tried 100's of builds for it there is only one setup for this beast as far as wepon and Equipment . 4 DHC Poloron XII purple (Fleets are nice) 3 XII purple poloron Turrets rear. and the Jem set.
    5 XII purple Poloron Tac consoles. 2 XII Neutronium purple consoles 2 Monotonium XII Consoles. 1 XII Purple Field Gen. you can swap one Eng console for an RCS or the Borg console. Or put in Electroceramic for STF's
    My choice of skills are.
    Commander Tac: TT1, CSV1,TT3,CRF3 (TT3 gives you %30 boost to wep's)
    LT CMDR TAC: TT1,APB,CSV2
    LT ENG: ET1, EPS2
    LT UNI: SCI: PH1 to break holds or ST1 for shield regin, HE2
    ENS ENG: EPW1

This build gives you 2 shield and 2 hull heals or the polorize hull if you need to break tractor beams. So if you hit TT3, APB, EPW1 and CRF3 and just for fun a large wep batt nothing will survive. You can kill Naniote probes in CSE without having to slow to a stop. Borg Spheres take about 5-7 seconds to kill. I can solo the TAC cube on Infected normal. Its all around a bad TRIBBLE.
    no need for beams or torps, just hard fast purple DPS.
  • sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    admgreer wrote: »
    Guys comming from someone who has had the Ship since the 1st week it was out and tried 100's of builds for it there is only one setup for this beast as far as wepon and Equipment . 4 DHC Poloron XII purple (Fleets are nice) 3 XII purple poloron Turrets rear. and the Jem set.
    5 XII purple Poloron Tac consoles. 2 XII Neutronium purple consoles 2 Monotonium XII Consoles. 1 XII Purple Field Gen. you can swap one Eng console for an RCS or the Borg console. Or put in Electroceramic for STF's
    My choice of skills are.
    Commander Tac: TT1, CSV1,TT3,CRF3 (TT3 gives you %30 boost to wep's)
    LT CMDR TAC: TT1,APB,CSV2
    LT ENG: ET1, EPS2
    LT UNI: SCI: PH1 to break holds or ST1 for shield regin, HE2
    ENS ENG: EPW1

This build gives you 2 shield and 2 hull heals or the polorize hull if you need to break tractor beams. So if you hit TT3, APB, EPW1 and CRF3 and just for fun a large wep batt nothing will survive. You can kill Naniote probes in CSE without having to slow to a stop. Borg Spheres take about 5-7 seconds to kill. I can solo the TAC cube on Infected normal. Its all around a bad TRIBBLE.
    no need for beams or torps, just hard fast purple DPS.

I just crunched some numbers here.

TT3 gives + 30 rather than TT1's + 18 to weapons. But that's not % damage. TT3 is a ~3.3% damage boost, TT1 is a 2.0%.

Also, your build has way too many team abilities. You can replace science team with transfer shield strength, engineering team with aux to SIF, and have them running all the time.