test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not a single new asset for season 7???

kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, I'm looking through tribble, and I don't see a single new asset added to the Foundry. No transporter pad. Zip, nadda.

I know that I rant about this a lot, but it is very frustrating when:

Two years ago, Dan Stahl told us that the team would easily be able to "tag" art assets for inclusion into the Foundry. We were told that we'd get all the new stuff from featured episodes, which we thought would include costumes.

We were told that season 6 would include new assets, which it did as far as several maps, but almost nothing in terms of props, beyond some banners and glossy ship panels.

Zero later told us that it takes half a day of dev work to put a map in the Foundry. That doesn't sound like a lot of dev time to me, when an entirely new map is added to the Foundry.

New features are always fun. But, please, we really need stuff like a transporter pad. Building one out of klingon barrels, concrete platforms and lamps makes your game look ugly in Foundry missions.

Please let us make your game look good by giving us the props that we need. Otherwise, many of our maps will continue to be ugly.

That's not good for the Foundry or the status of Foundry missions. Assets that make your game look good should be an important priority. Right now, we have a random collection of oddly shaped stuff that doesn't often fit together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kirksplat on

Comments

• Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I really wish they would focus on adding at least a few major maps.

For example, the Starfleet Academy map is an amazing map and has a lot of potential for missions, yet we don't have it. The same goes for the Klingon First City.

We still only have the old version of Deep Space Nine, with no way to access Quark's or the Command Center.

We still only have access to the old Azura interior, although that is less important.

The lack of a transporter pad is also probably one of the assets that is most needed.

Here is my list of major assets that would improve the Foundry:

High Priority
    Starfleet Academy
    Klingon First City
    Deep Space Nine New Version (With either some way to access command and Quarks, or those added as separate maps)
    Transporter Pad Asset
    Blank Interior Map
    Blank Interior Map With View of Space At The Outside

Medium Priority
    S.S. Azura New Version
    Small/Medium/Large Ship Interiors (I suspect these get very little use from players actually visiting the bridge/interior, but they would be great props for Starship interiors).
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mission Doors:
    From Sol
    From DS9

MAP:
    The shuttlebay interior from Of Bajor holodeck training
    Can we get a 'blank' map added for creating custom interiors?
    The landform is featureless and flat, hopefully able to be backdropped

Weapons - models for all types and oriented so that we can:
    Place them on a desk at any angle
    Place them on a wall like a trophy mount at any likely angle
    coffee cup
    UFP Banner
    FED Seal Banner
    Ship Development banners - These may all be in now, but a placeholder in case they are not
    Curved Walls - like added in the bank area and more generic building ones
    Verticle building block ramps - Tipped on their short side so their point is in the air
    Columns, such as those from the Guardian of Forever map
    Both upright columns and rubble columns(titled at an angle and broken into blocks)
    lighting parts like in ESD - the track lighting
    vertical UFP logo (for placing on walls)
    posters - like in ESD and Ship interior
    paintings - like in ESD and Ship interior
    rotating crystal object like in ESD sickbay
    PADDs
    Fountain
    Admiral Quinns fishtank
    Placeable ESD holo - the Watchtower model in Quinns office
    explosives - the explosive packs themselves, and other future models too
    gold pressed latinum - slips, bricks, etc
    A Bajoran Orb - various colors of possible
    Better chairs and tables (from the series)
    More series inspired consoles
    small ground based debris.ship wreckage and rubble from buildings.
    more building options i.e. doors, windows, walls
    Alien props, land vehicles and alien tech
    Staircases and ladders
    Starship and shuttle interior components for all types, i.e. NX class consoles and warp core
    STARBASES - All models all factions please
    Jupiter Station model
    transporter pad - All major races
    transporter background - All major races, and timeframes
    DJ console
    FED CAPTAINS CHAIR
    padded chair, like in medical office fed ship interior, medical beds with closing and opening animation.
    Warp core - powered and unpowered
    also a TMP style core too with the Dilithium chamber mushroom would be really cool
    EPS conduits - TNG and TMP style
    engineering 'pool table'
    poker table
    chairs with footstools, like in ships lounge
    kitchen equipment
    double bed
    ability to place ships on the ground
    Hatches, trapdoors, panel covers (as placeable objects for when a cover is removed)
    isoliner chips, rods, etc
    other forcefields then broken forcefield
    The Alien race combadges
    EV suits in costume editor
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For note, for the most part in recent months the only new additions were 'accidental' ones like the vedek robes and the wells and such. They took these out of the editor, and they are still out. It gets frustrating when they dont bother to give us things and dont bother to give us back their slip ups post launch.
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    castsbugc wrote: »
    For note, for the most part in recent months the only new additions were 'accidental' ones like the vedek robes and the wells and such. They took these out of the editor, and they are still out. It gets frustrating when they dont bother to give us things and dont bother to give us back their slip ups post launch.

They shouldn't have removed those. If we get a little preview of things in the Foundry, so what? Can't understand the logic there at all, especially when they don't come back first thing when those assets are released.
  • Options
    darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic, in the words of Rivers Cuomo, "Say it ain't so---whoa-oh."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Half a day of dev time? Does California have a shortage of interns?
  • Options
    dariuskoronikovdariuskoronikov Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The transporter pad is a weird one, I said this when I started making missions some of the things they have in it make no sense, but the things they do not is even more confusing

The lack of decent Klingon ship interiors with no damage is a problem, at least tere are some federation interiors that could do as ship interiors.

no EMH for example, they have a holographic cardassian for some reason, but no medical hologram.

Lack of starfleet academy is one that does confuse me a little bit as well as decent non klingon seats

some of my foundry missions would have been so much better if only there was better props and interiors

my beef is the inability to build believeable romulan ship interiors and lack of more modern ships like the armitage and regent as well as likes of the venture

another thing is the ability to do a decent transition into a holodeck
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    castsbugc wrote: »

And all those mirror universe NPCs that were added after the redesign. Some of the new ones made it into the NPC Contact list, only to be removed a few days later. We need those back!!

Also, I'd love to have the following maps:

Starfleet Academy
    First City (updated)
    USS DeWitt interior
    Axon interior
    Wells bridge
    Korath bridge
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone