test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official New Romulus Feedback Thread

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    paulyman wrote: »
    only suggestion i would make is possibly removing the beam to ship button. it is pretty annoying when you go to click on a mission objective then end up beaming up then having to beam down and run back all over again. we already have a beam out option on the minimap why is a second one necessary?
    Actually.... there is no beam out on the mini-map.... I'd rather use the minimap button personally. Why is it disabled?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After trying to map to the New Romulus Ground map I encountered this error with a crash to desktop. I have already tried to use Force Verify to fix this issue twice (as the issue still occurred after the first Force Verify) but the bug persists.

Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Texture_Library/Environment/1_Interior_Kits/Rom_Ship/Rom_Ship_Details_01_D.Wtex:

The crash occurs when the load screen is at least 80% finished for the map and then crash to desktop. A force verify isn't fixing the issue so what file do I need to delete to force it to be re-downloaded since I can't simply re-download the tribble files from a webpage. I'm thinking it is one of the texture hogg files but not sure which one as there are 3 of them.

I'm also not sure what a Rom Ship Detail map has to do with the ground map for New Romulus as the crash occurred when trying to beam down to New Romulus from New Romulus space map.

Update: managed to resolve the issue by moving all three of the texture hogg files and letting the client re-download all three of them, be warned these files aren't small and will take a while to re-download.
  • torchwood1968torchwood1968 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here... (in regards to the Beam up button)
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Playing tier one New Romulus: Warehouse... Dudes in the middle area by the ship have some one shotting or nearly one shotting plasma grenades...'

Running Mark XI Omega ground set and everyone else has purples....

Also there is some ridiculous holds.... thinking of dropping the mission.

Edit: its not so bad.... but they do steam roll ya. Just went around the other way and killed everyone...
  • iridiumallyiridiumally Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was patrolling the Pheben system. The scenario seems to be that you deploy satellites and activate them to quarantine a mining facility. I was able to deploy all five satellites fine. But, I was only able to activate the 2nd, 4th and 5th (from left to right facing away from the planet to open space). No matter how much I zoomed around the map zone markers I could do nothing to activate the remaining satellites. Then, the satellites started to disappear.

The two other patrols in the sector worked great. Fighting the Tholians for the space-born relics was a lot of fun.
  • fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PVE/VOLUNTEER QUE
    I like the new look and with the rewards marks listed, challenge rank and number of players needed, but I miss the number of players que. I like to see the number of players already que up...for example something like 4/5 [players que/players needed].

TAU DEW SECTOR BLOCK

Starbase 234 - I like have a combat simulation area to be able to test out new ships and configurations. What I think it need is being able to set the simulation level and/or enemy types . For instance, some shield types has higher resistance to disruptors, so I like to fight against an opponent that use disruptors like the Klingons. With this in mine why can we get a starship performance report at the end.

New Romulus - I like the new mini game scanning for radiation. Having to use my tricorder on a little scavenger hunt searching for rocks, plants, etc. was reminiscent many games where you find things to sell or use, but in this case to collect for Romulan marks. The epohh look like rabbits and we can breed different types? Are these going to be the new tribble? The overall look of New Romulus is nice, however the map of the area was blurred and hard to read the legend.

Ops in the Embassy on New Romulus is nice, I can't see anything to really change, however, is there a viewscreen? Maybe adding a few viewscreens with varies activities?

Last comment, I would think that since STO takes place 30 years after the events of Star Trek Nemesis and that Starfleet would send the best to New Romulus, why are they still using Type 8 shuttlecrafts, don't they have new shuttles like the Type 11 shuttlecraft or a new Type 12 shuttlecraft or SC-4 [Starfleet Command shuttle]?
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    while on new romulas i went to embassy and tried out the officrer of the watch it gives mission yet while doing it and completing it the mission still thinks it has not started yet when you head back to try to do it again incase something was missed there is nothing there at all so you cant go forward in any way
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or reported it here, but the textures are bleeding together badly. There's no details visible as they're all just colored blobs. This isn't on everything but I've noticed that almost all the NPC and PC character models are blobby and out of focus, and some of the animals in the crater area are too.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was patrolling the Pheben system. The scenario seems to be that you deploy satellites and activate them to quarantine a mining facility. I was able to deploy all five satellites fine. But, I was only able to activate the 2nd, 4th and 5th (from left to right facing away from the planet to open space). No matter how much I zoomed around the map zone markers I could do nothing to activate the remaining satellites. Then, the satellites started to disappear.

The two other patrols in the sector worked great. Fighting the Tholians for the space-born relics was a lot of fun.

The positions are spheres not cones, so if you're too high or too low you can't place them. 'V' should point you to the sphere. Though I haven't re-played it since the patch, so it could be a bug.
  • cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know if this is specific to the new romulus map, or a general bug, as this was the only map I tested today. In shooter mode, when I lay a transphasic bomb and then try to detonate it, the tool-tip on the power bar appears to have been triggered, but the bomb doesn't explode. Next time you trigger it, it lays another bomb. No problems in RPG mode- only shooter.
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, I got burned out on reading posts thanks to the reputation feedback section, so I'm just going to give my impressions of New Romulus and assume you already have enough bug reports to keep you busy.

1) There seems to be a wide variety of tasks and mini-missions to keep me busy. I've led around baby cephalopods, picked flowers, shot Hirogen, scanned (and occasionally shot) wild animals, and unlocked fast travel locations. This is good, but unfortunately is hampered by the following...

2) The majority of missions seem to fall under the ever-popular "fetch quest" category. There were many moments, as my inventory filled with items related to one or another "fetch quest", where my mind was called back to a common ephitet from the Elder Scrolls franchise. Take that, you fetcher! Seriously, though, my inventory filled up with a lot of useless... stuff. For the many "fetch quests" in STO, please remember that we have a starship in orbit, with transporters, that could easily beam up all this... stuff... and then beam it all down it once when we got to the person that wanted all that... stuff. Given the setting, filling our inventory with... stuff... is kind of ridiculous.

3) Much like the previous Tholian and Borg "adventure zones", the whole thing seems kind of aimless. There isn't any sense of actually accomplishing anything beyond collecting the rewards. Just as we never seem to kill enough drones on Defara, it doesn't really look like the Romulans will ever sort out their new homeworld.

That's it for the moment. There seems to be a great deal to do, but with little purpose. I honestly think I'll lose interest fairly quickly, but I'll give it a bit more time when the whole thing goes live... oh, and a Tholian spawned inside a cliff face during an attack in the Hwael Ruins; it looked kind of funny, with its legs twitching. Transporter accidents can happen to the most worthy of foes. Anyway, I hope this is helpful in your continuing quest to improve the STO we all know and love.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited November 2012
    Seeing as how you beam in at the Staging Area, maybe you folks ought to have that automatically marked as registered so when you roam afield you don't suddenly find yourself needing to run all the way back or deal with two loading screens to return.
  • verbenamageverbenamage Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New Romulus looks good, visually. I played around there for about an hour, and during that hour it was fun. I think long-term it's going to be pretty worthless, though.

My general impression of it, in terms of game play, is that you've made new romulus into what is basically a Korean MMO. You run around and click X objects, shoot Y bad guys, collect Z plot items. Over and over. It's pointless and repetitive.

I may as well be playing some Korean MMO, or dare I say it? Even farmville. It's exactly that style of game play.

I want actual missions with stories and plots. I don't want endless variations of, "Hello! I'm a lazy NPC, go collect a laundry list of TRIBBLE for me and I'll give you an incidental reward!"

If you're going to put in mindless-click missions like these, at least reduce the amount of X,Y,Z items you have to click/collect so we can get it over and done with sooner and move on to some aspect of the game that might actually be fun and engaging.
  • steven1wusteven1wu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New Romulus looks great! It's nice to see so much work is going into new content and making it look good. It's very visually appealing and there is so much going on on the surface.
    The different zones offer very different content and I think it's great. It lets you choose where you'd like to spend your time. The red alerts I also found to be interesting. I like how frequent they are when compared to the space ones (granted they also complete much more quickly) and that everyone in your zone helps. The ranking is also an interesting idea, perhaps attaching a reward system to that might be neat also.
    I was thankful when I finally finished interfacing with the transporter system (and dread having to wait for that again!) but being able to explore the whole area was nice.
    I look forward to exploring the area more in season 7
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since I previously unlocked Tier 1 Reputation, I found that "Hidden" mission and really like the Scene. I'm really liking D'Tan now.

Embassy Daily: Mission was bugged. Said for me to scan 4 radiation sources, but none counted.

Romulan Historian: Send a DOFF on a 20 Hour mission for 5 Romulan Marks, which are the same ones you can sneeze on the planet and get? Um, I really think this reward needs to be at least 50.

Warehouse: With Tier 1, I got to go in the Warehouse and was surprised who I saw in there. Outside the dialogue, the mission felt a little dry of "go here, click that".

Epohhs: I like you can get them as pets and train them. But the system seemed to be rather complicated and needs to be better explained. And feels cheap you can buy the rare breeds, should be more challenging for some of the rare breeds.

And it was mentioned there are Elders, but how do we get those?

Accolades: People said they are there but I ran all over the place. Think they need to be straightforward than having STOwiki tell everyone where they are. To encourage players to explore than be spoiled.

Overall, I'm still fond of New Romulus. But I worry that these missions might grow old on people quickly since there is just too much running around and clicking, all for 10 marks. Compared to the Queues which you can get more marks for far the less effort.

Perhaps you should increase the marks on the planet and to give somekind of rotation for players so to allow some variety. As to keep things interesting and reason for players to go to New Romulus than staying in the queues.
  • flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Feedback: New Romulus is beautiful. This really hit me when i was running across the bridge from the Staging Area. The cutscenes were unexpected and nice. No real feedback on the missions yet, other than that I feel bad running up and stealing clickies from other players. :o

I can get an Epohh? Without spending Zen? Hooray!

Typo: Subcommander Avran wants me to "Collect and Tur In" things in the description of the Vastam Peaks mission.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • psyscypsyscy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I spent most of my time on new Romulus. Art work is really great. I detected no bugs. I liked the Vivver cat, would make a neat pet. I don't know if it was a bug, but I thought it was odd that in my available missions were two missions from Chef. When I clicked on either they both opened a food menu.

Just a thought, but perhaps commodity brokers, vendors, and bartenders could specialize in selling stuff on New Romulus at a discount if said items were Romulan in origin. For example, one would think they could buy less expensive Roumlan Ale on New Romulus. Perhaps a crafting material cost discount for crafting plasma based weapons on New Romulus. Just a thought.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to say that New Romulus is simply superb! :D

Well done to all involved, you have really pulled off a great addition to the game. ;)
  • flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Critique: The banners hanging from lampposts (at least in the Staging Area) only have Romulan Empire symbols on them. It seems like it would be more appropriate for the design to also incorporate the Reman symbol, or for a similar Reman banner to be hanging side-by-side.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a few concerns:

Those 4 minute missions that just start, a pop up would be nice saying "Hey guess what? You're on a timed mission here is what needs to be done to complete it. Good Luck!"

Needing to be in a fleet to visit the Embassy? I'm not in a fleet so I guess there goes some of my interest. I won't join a fleet just to go see it, I would eventually get fed up and find something else to do with my time and money.

Otherwise its nice and I like having a bigger world to explore and it reminds me of WoW, will there be bigger planets to explore? Land mounts?

I like where you are going aside from the whole focus on fleets fleets fleets, there should be more for the solo player to do. It feels like oh hey get in a fleet even if its not what you want or just stop playing.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    I have been running around with my Reman...
    And I have seen other Remans, Breen and Jem'hadar also.
    Personal big/gltch?

My Jem 1st showed up without a problem.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This was my weekend's first hour of Tribble. I am using my level 50 Ferasan (Engineer), because I am quite fond of him.

For this hour, I played through most of the ground missions, and so far I am somewhat satisfied. At first, I was wondering why myself and my Tactical Gorn officer were dying so fast, then I realized, I was still on Elite difficulty. Elite is great if you have played through, and therefore have prior knowledge of what is there. Since I am a first timer to this location, I lowered the difficulty, and I then had no problem with any of the missions.

What I did have difficulty with was remembering what missions came from which person, so I would frequently return to the wrong person to turn them in. Very much like the Defera Borg missions. I suggest some better organization in the menu, such as the menu saying "Report to 'insert name here'."

Also a question: Any chance of being able to explore the Reman neighbourhoods?

Tomorrow's testing: the STF system. Update soon to follow.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • captrod71captrod71 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tried some of the map last night, nice graphics, music and overall layout. love the game with new maps and missions. keep up the great work.
  • lownapalm2lownapalm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well I tested the New Romulus Ground Missions too for about a hour and a half.

My first thought was: "Nice, finally STO feels like some kind of MMO". Really good work there Cryptic.

The missions and the map need some additional tweaks though. For example the "Dynamic Missions" that will appear: They need some kind of PopUp or something, so you recognise them immediately.

Overall, I had a very good 1st impression of New Romulus. I'm looking forward to complete the different ground missions later this day. :)
  • lithulanlithulan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When the Borg alert came up & I responded I was placed in an environment with a defeated Borg cube & A LOT of Tholian vessels. After I died & respawned I came back in a much better position with a lot of other players, we defeated the Tholians & gained rewards appropriate to the Tholian mission but should that have appeared rather than the Borg alert, & what was the dead cube doing there?

Like the inclusion of Acamarians but what my role was is not clear, are you using Tribble to determine their initial alliances & demeanor?

I like the fact that the patrol requires you go to several systems rather than just the old style patrol but there should be a list of these in the mission notes or illumination of them as I visited a lot of these & there was nothing to do, maybe i was just unlucky.
    T'Pan
  • makurdemakurde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New Romulus: when i walk near the runway landing strip of the romulan ship, i received 5 system messager to the point respawn unlocked.
  • makurdemakurde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Icon Radition Reports is white, The reports icon in the inventory is all white field (no icon pics)
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I dont think the rewards for the red alerts on romulus are working right.

we did the one at the staging area, and there was quite a few of us. we got to 80% or so and i scanned quite a few and i got 1 romulan mark.

i went to another area. killed about 3 hirogen and we where about 18% and got 4 marks.

now i know in the first area there was a lot of us, but i was certainly pulling my weight, so i dont think the rewards are being calculated correctly as i got far more for less work and less overall percentage.
  • pegasus78pegasus78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi I've been trying the missions on New Romulus and have found only 1 bug so far.

I started a new mission in the Epohh Fields - Isha Forest Epohh Collection. I tagged Epohhs for a minute and a half then went to talk to Toreth to resolve the mission but couldn't. Every time I talk to her she keeps giving me the same rewards without resolving the mission. The mission is still active in my mission tracker box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems like there is alot to do on the planet of New Romulus. I t was kind of fun.

The Patrol missions in the new sector are a breath if fresh air too. (Still haven't gotten the Trade one figured out)

Haven't messed much with new REP System yet. But will let you know.