test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost in deep space! Again!

ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
http://i.imgur.com/AhQMY.jpg

Help! I'm lost in uncharted deep space!

AGAIN! This is the second time it has happened!

Seriously: Somewhere along the edge of where Beta Ursae meets either Sirius or Alpha Trianguli block is a point where your ship can slip out of the sector block and go wandering. I can't tell you exactly where since both times it's occured, I left the ship on full throttle while alt-tabbed and afk, and came back to find myself out in the boonies like this.
Post edited by ruinsfate on

Comments

• mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow, that's crazy. Never happened to me, but I bet you can just change instances or TW somewhere to fix it. Not a game-breaker, but it could be quite inconvenient, especially if you're on a 15 min TW cooldown.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ruinsfate wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/AhQMY.jpg

Help! I'm lost in uncharted deep space!

AGAIN! This is the second time it has happened!

Seriously: Somewhere along the edge of where Beta Ursae meets either Sirius or Alpha Trianguli block is a point where your ship can slip out of the sector block and go wandering. I can't tell you exactly where since both times it's occured, I left the ship on full throttle while alt-tabbed and afk, and came back to find myself out in the boonies like this.

Send Starfleet your EMH on a doff assignment, and they'll help you. ;P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Danger Will Robinson Danger :P

Nice :D

but yeah, have you tried TWing or is just for kicks to show us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    Send Starfleet your EMH on a doff assignment, and they'll help you. ;P

About the best you could hope to accomplish with that is long range communications, ZING!
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Transwarping or changing instance does indeed fix it. I'm mainly posting to point out that the bug exists, especially since it's happened twice. (Prompting a "How do you keep doing that?" from a friend)
  • mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was able to reproduce the bug. I have confirmed that the Beta Ursae Sector Block is open on the southeast corner of the map. Players can exit the map area by traveling to that corner and moving to the topmost and bottommost vertical extremes of the corner.

http://i.imgur.com/I0GK1.jpg?1
  • sputtlessputtles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just tried this and it worked. You have to fly against the southeastern corner, and also fly.. uh.. well there's 3 dimensions, if southeast covers 2, down is for the 3rd. If that makes sense.