test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uniform patches?

odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
I'm happy that the Enterprise patch is in the game, as well as it's Mirror one and the Terran Empire patch. I'm sorry to see that other patches from the Star Trek series are missing. Where's the M.A.C.O. patch? In fact, where's the Enterprise M.A.C.O. uniform? But more on the subject, there are many ship patches that we should be able to add. Maybe the patch from NX-02, the Columbia? Or the fleet yards patches from the release of the Odyssey, Armitage, or the upcoming Vesta class ships?

I think we should have a separate uniform option for patches, so we can wear them with a combadge, instead of having to choose between the two. The fleet emblem patch should still be a separate option as well, it would just be on the shoulder where it always has been and the other patches would be lower on the arm, like the ones on the NX Enterprise uniforms. Some patches, like the M.A.C.O. ones, would be on the opposite arm, because they would need to be higher on the shoulder.

Another thing I wanted to bring up is the odd placement of the fleet patches on some of the uniforms. For example, on the Jupiter uniforms, they seem to float about an inch off of the shoulder instead of being perfectly flat on the shoulder like on the Sierra uniforms.

Finally, why can't we have the fleet patch on all of the uniforms? The option is absent on some of the major ones, like the Vice Admiral Coat and the Enterprise uniforms.
Post edited by odstparker#7820 on

Comments

• leonov2leonov2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    enoemg wrote: »
    I'm happy that the Enterprise patch is in the game, as well as it's Mirror one and the Terran Empire patch. I'm sorry to see that other patches from the Star Trek series are missing. Where's the M.A.C.O. patch? In fact, where's the Enterprise M.A.C.O. uniform? But more on the subject, there are many ship patches that we should be able to add. Maybe the patch from NX-02, the Columbia? Or the fleet yards patches from the release of the Odyssey, Armitage, or the upcoming Vesta class ships?

I think we should have a separate uniform option for patches, so we can wear them with a combadge, instead of having to choose between the two. The fleet emblem patch should still be a separate option as well, it would just be on the shoulder where it always has been and the other patches would be lower on the arm, like the ones on the NX Enterprise uniforms. Some patches, like the M.A.C.O. ones, would be on the opposite arm, because they would need to be higher on the shoulder.

Another thing I wanted to bring up is the odd placement of the fleet patches on some of the uniforms. For example, on the Jupiter uniforms, they seem to float about an inch off of the shoulder instead of being perfectly flat on the shoulder like on the Sierra uniforms.

Finally, why can't we have the fleet patch on all of the uniforms? The option is absent on some of the major ones, like the Vice Admiral Coat and the Enterprise uniforms.
    If I am not mistaken, I think there is a M.A.C.O. patch that comes as an option with M.A.C.O. Mk XI and maybe XII. Seem to remember applying one to my Mk XI kit after I got it. Not sure if they can be applied further past the M.A.C.O. Uniform options though. But making a variant for the regular uniform would be a great option, maybe as a reward for collecting at least the Mk.X set?

I guess more uniform patches wouldn't be a bad idea for those who would like them. Sure opens up more choices aside from fleet patches and the Enterprise ones, so I really can't complain there myself if it were to be done.