test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deteriorating hull on Mobius

chu78chu78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
So I've been using the Mobius Temporal Destroyer for a while. It's a nice ship, with one caveat. For some reason, the hull on this ship deteriorates rapidly while shields are still fully charged. It's happened to me while fighting Borg, Klingons, Orions, Romulans and Undine. This hasn't happened to me with any other ship class. I just start fighting, and next thing I know, my hull's down to 15%. Has any1 else had this happen with this particular ship?
Post edited by chu78 on

Comments

• squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Are you using the Manheim device?

If your 'past' pet takes damage, so do you.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps it's all that time travel... maybe the quantum stresses have taken their toll on your hull? :P
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    squishkin wrote: »
    Are you using the Manheim device?

If your 'past' pet takes damage, so do you.

Above poster has a good point.

Other ideas to consider:
    - Maybe your other ship has 2pc Borg set while your Mobius doesn't. This set bonus provides what amounts to a passive hull regeneration when you're being fired upon.
    - Maybe your other ship has resilient shields while your Mobius doesn't. Resilient shields have half the bleedthrough of other shield types.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Take the console out, its a death trap... its cool as hell... but a death trap
  • chu78chu78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, guys. I wasn't aware that receiving damage to my "past self" would affect my present ship. Considering that my past and future selves don't have the same weapons/shields/engines/deflectors, it never occurred to me that I'd get affected in this manner. Manheim just seemed like a space version of the shard of possibilities. Leave it to cryptic to omit something that would make the console great and include something that'll finish me off quicker.
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i put the manheim device in my inventory so i could not possibly use it accidentally. i refer to it as the "suicide console".

but to your point i find the mobius to be rather weak on the hull and shields. i have tried various weapon and set layouts and just don't get the performance i expected.

this ship probably broke me from buying lockboxes.