What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multi-Mission Science Vessel?

13»

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    we'll have to wait and see , they did kind of spring the bortas on people at the last moment

Which is where they're likely to spring some KDF ship at the same time they do the Ambassador next year...

...but there's what - two Fed ships before that?
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited October 2012
    yeah , really annoys me sometimes , and im a fed :x
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Would rather have KDF content instead of a c store ship.

Nothing comes close to kar'fi and I find it extremely difficult to fly any other KDF ship!

I do hope this is fed kar'fi equivalent...but it would need two hangers, 4/3 fore aft weps, etc!

I don't see myself buying any more three ship packs after the massive pile of sheet that is known as odyssey!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    scbypwr wrote: »
    Would rather have KDF content instead of a c store ship.
    I would rather have some proper KDF Fleet ship variants, instead of all those useless lower tier refits. Fleet Kar'Fi is on top of my "do want" list in that regard. No idea why Cryptic's ignoring the issue - no new modeling work required whatsoever, just re-using old ships by giving them better stats and a console slot. It's not even an issue of integrated abilities, as most of the ships don't even have any aside from Guramba and B'Rel.
    I do hope this is fed kar'fi equivalent...but it would need two hangers, 4/3 fore aft weps, etc!
    I hope so as well, but to be honest I wouldn't want it to have 2 hangar slots. Instead, a bit higher turn-rate or more hull would be nice. The rest can remain the same for my taste - Cmdr. Sci and lt.cmdr. tac + dual cannons is all I need in this case.

I hope the dev blog with stats is gonna come out today... The curiosity is killing me. ;>

Also, I wonder if the ship will come with its unique bridge/interior... But I doubt it.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited October 2012
    of that im unsure , as there has been a specific bridge designed for her already , whether its made it to STO however , its another kettle of fish
    12th Fleet
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    captJamJamz made a post in my "Vesta Gets a Hanger bay" thread in the Fed fleetyards today:
    This is an out-of-date model (over a month old, at this point). The scales are off (like I said in the video). Namely the nacelles/pylons, which make the rear of the hull look far larger than it actually is. It's still big, even in Rademaker's design. Couple the wonky scales on parts, it's still shot with a hand-held, a nice one, mind you, but still not perfect.

You'll see more soon.

he was refering to an old photo - but what is of most interest is that he did not refute the title of the thread - which was that the vesta will have a hanger bay!
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited October 2012
    He also did not speak of it in any capacity other than visual work save for the comment that we will know more soon.

Just playing devils advocate here. I'm relatively certain we will see it launch fighters in some capacity.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    He also did not speak of it in any capacity other than visual work save for the comment that we will know more soon.

Just playing devils advocate here. I'm relatively certain we will see it launch fighters in some capacity.

True he did not say yes, however, many times when someone has posted that a "Ship Will have This" thread - the dev's have come on the tread and said "no it won't"

Leaving it as a no-comment: Is almost as good as a confirmation until the official news is announced.
    edited October 2012
    suaveks wrote: »

I hope so as well, but to be honest I wouldn't want it to have 2 hangar slots. Instead, a bit higher turn-rate or more hull would be nice. The rest can remain the same for my taste - Cmdr. Sci and lt.cmdr. tac + dual cannons is all I need in this case.

I hope the dev blog with stats is gonna come out today... The curiosity is killing me. ;>

Also, I wonder if the ship will come with its unique bridge/interior... But I doubt it.

I quit flying single hangar ships because of the increased launch cool down when compared to two hangar ships!
    edited October 2012
    branflakes just tweeted vesta dev blog will be tommorow afternoon

cant wait :D
    12th Fleet
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I quit flying single hangar ships because of the increased launch cool down when compared to two hangar ships!

Probably the Aux bonus most two-hangar ships have, should be less of an issue when adapted KHG (+3 Aux with engine, +8 for two-piece set) is available Fed side.
    edited November 2012
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Probably the Aux bonus most two-hangar ships have, should be less of an issue when adapted KHG (+3 Aux with engine, +8 for two-piece set) is available Fed side.

Nope .. It has to do with the number of hangars and the procs for the flight deck doffs. Every time you hit a hangar...you get the proc.

For hec...this is about 20 seconds per launch. For kar fi it is about 10.

Nothing to do with power settings...everything to do with the launch button.
  • arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    So what?
    Yellowstone comes with engines.

This deflector can fire phaser energy!!
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This post is almost 2 years old wtf?