test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Literary Challenge #31 Discussion Thread

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Ten Forward
Literary Challenge #31 : Into the Hive, Part I
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #31 : Into the Hive, Part I.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing! :cool:
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i won't be participating in this or the next challenge. November is National Novel Writing Month and I will be spending my time working towards that endeavor. Ironically, my project fits into this and the next challenge but in a much more expanded fashion. I'll be posting my progress on the G & T Show forums. Once the thread has been created, I'll post a link to it here.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    soriedem wrote: »
    i won't be participating in this or the next challenge. November is National Novel Writing Month and I will be spending my time working towards that endeavor. Ironically, my project fits into this and the next challenge but in a much more expanded fashion. I'll be posting my progress on the G & T Show forums. Once the thread has been created, I'll post a link to it here.

Good luck on your project!!! Looking forward to following along through G & T.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • uber1337menuber1337men Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe I'm just a bundle of creativity, because that was easy! :cool:
    Can anyone point out any discrepancies in my stratagem? I can't seem to find any, and I could use a second opinion.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If anyone's wondering why I've written two entries with Klingon captains in mind (which are my first two entries, btw), it's because I feel they're under-represented in these discussion threads ;)

They're probably not the greatest examples, but hey, something's better than nothing :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • amurorx0amurorx0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Here is my entry, heavy on SRW again :)

I keep descriptive details light, as my captain is an extension of me, won't mention it if it doesn't seem pertinent or noteworthy.

Any and all feedback is highly appreciated.
    Ikuzo, Trombe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    amurorx0 wrote: »
    Here is my entry, heavy on SRW again :)

I keep descriptive details light, as my captain is an extension of me, won't mention it if it doesn't seem pertinent or noteworthy.

Any and all feedback is highly appreciated.

Looks pretty good. :)

I definitely like how you're continuing to add more mechs to the story, with Cagalli being the one creating them. :D

I look forward to seeing this continue soon, since I assume they will be doing a Part 2 to this challenge. :cool:
    76561198160276582.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My computer isn't hooked up at the moment (which is terrible for insomiacs) but once I get it started up again I look forward to writing these again.i can totally understand the extension of yourself thing. My main toon wraith is the same of me, when writing I always try to fit myself into that universe first before moving on to other characters, which is funny since I write these as not my character, but the captain of. I want to finish mine so I can go and read what every one else posted.
  • soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've posted a little bit about my NaNoWriMo project on the G & T Show forums. So, far I've just revealed the title and the cover. But more will follow shortly. Keep checking back for the first and subsequent chapters.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have put up my entry and it is the first time I have ever submitted. There are some background information, the Klingons fought a Vietnam-esque war during the Romulan Civil War, which is the conflict that I named in the aftermath of the Hobus Supernova event. The Klingons tried to set up a Pro-Klingon Romulan government but a combination of events with UFP support put that idea to an end.

Holtz Package is the collection of death letters to be sent in the event of Holtz's death.
    edited November 2012
    Mine is up and posted. It's another entry by my Main character rather than the captain of the ship. Feel free to comment on it as well as give feedback. I'm too tired right now, but some time this week i'll go back and read the other entries and give feed back where it's wanted. Thank you again.

For the most part i've written it as I see him saying it. He's a very fish out of water character, so he's not used to telling the computer what's going through his mind, but he's more than willing to do what's asked of him. I'd really like to get more into character development with him so i can explain more of what he is and why, but I think i've missed the chance by missing out on some of the earlier Challenges.
    edited November 2012
    Uber1337men: It's a pretty solid recommendation, but the only issue i could see would be sending in the probe. Once it was detected, i think it would be neutralized as soon as it was scanned. Maybe an unmanned peregrine could fly in close and deliver it before they knew what it was? if you could add in a way to get it inside and deployed with out being scanned or detected you're good to go. Over all it's a good suggestion and i liked the reasons to exclude the Enterprise.

Amurorx0: again, i'd probably like it more if i were familiar with the SRW, but other than that it was good. The redacted seemed a bit much at time but was entirely necessary.

Eldarion79: Good entry, and i hope to see more in future challenges.

Chokopop1: I liked it. It seemed a bit short for such a serious task but it was a good entry none the less. I wasn't expecting the shuttle bit, but i'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
  • chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here's my entry... Be gentle as this is my first story on here :p
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Part II will be up in a few -- thanks to all who discussed Part I, and feel free to continue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • darqunsturminytdarqunsturminyt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    soriedem wrote: »

Agreed. I am working on the NaNoWriMo too and far behind at this time. However, being a leader in Collective I really want to participate in this one.

For those also writing their NaNoWriMo stories, feel free to Writing Buddy me. Due to keeping away from copywrite issues, staying away from Star Trek for NaNoWriMo, but I am keeping with my CyZom storylines. (*copyRIGHT - I know)