test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I turn off Fleet Invites.

dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in The Academy
Here's the reason why I ask:

Very... VERY... Recently, I left a fleet where, it's core leaders started pushing a more... 'Get Personal' approach with how it wants to run things, such as 'be there for the other members if something bad happens in their life' and so on. I'm of the mindset that I play STO to have fun, not get involved or wanting any interest in 'sharing' what goes on in my life, or wanting to know what goes on in other people's lives in the game. I don't want to find messages in my 'inbox' of whatever problems someone is having in 'real life', and the Fleet Leader of the group I quit, wasn't to respectful of that and basically soured me on the whole 'be apart of a Fleet' experience.
Post edited by dicecasden on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    If you have the default key bindings, press 'O' and then click on the 'Team Settings' tab -- at the bottom left, click on 'Privacy' and switch "Allow Fleet Invitations:" to "Off" :)

I'm nudging this to the Academy section of the boards, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dicecasden wrote: »
    Here's the reason why I ask:

Very... VERY... Recently, I left a fleet where, it's core leaders started pushing a more... 'Get Personal' approach with how it wants to run things, such as 'be there for the other members if something bad happens in their life' and so on. I'm of the mindset that I play STO to have fun, not get involved or wanting any interest in 'sharing' what goes on in my life, or wanting to know what goes on in other people's lives in the game. I don't want to find messages in my 'inbox' of whatever problems someone is having in 'real life', and the Fleet Leader of the group I quit, wasn't to respectful of that and basically soured me on the whole 'be apart of a Fleet' experience.

I'm about as anti social as you can get but there other fleets out there it just really has to be a fleet that meets your personal standards and we have the same policy on TMI it seems LOL. The block fleet invites is a nice feature before they had it I had to make my own fleet to put characters in. Just to beware though when you use those functions BranFlakes instructed there are bugs/glitches with that so sometimes it will deactive itself or if you wanted to join a fleet you would have to do some creative button pressing to undo it.

If you want some good references... just pm me in game just take the 001 off and I can give you some good ones I know of.
  • dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Blocking fleet invites just causes them to PM you.
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You can block PMs as well, also from the privacy options.
  • recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    claransa wrote: »
    You can block PMs as well, also from the privacy options.

You would better off just ignoring the individual.

Or you can try my favorite solution of joining the fleet and blasting them in thier own fleet chat for being a crappy fleet that just desperatly invites random players.
  • dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Fleet Invites via PM I don't mind, cause at least I can say 'no thanks'

Besides... I turned off nearly all the 'chat' channels in STO a year ago, you'd be amazed at how little people use 'Local'

Either way, again thanks for the info