test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

141 ESTFs: 8460marks and 141emarks

allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
A lot has been said about the math, but I feel a picture says more than 1000 words.

So think about what you can buy in the new system. Think about what you can buy after 141 ESTFs. Imagine you have the 8460 marks and the 141 emarks (and the 70k dilithium).

Did you picture it? How many weapons can you buy? 10? 20? How many sets? 1? 2?

Now check out what the old system gave:

http://i.imgur.com/nzWxA.jpg

mind=blown
Post edited by allocater on

Comments

• traptpatriottraptpatriot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    With 70k dilithium you could get... a few tiers in the reputation system. And MarkXII pieces only cost 5 elite marks, so the extra ones you get are worthless. And 8500 marks just seems like you will have a bunch left over, just like the elite marks.

A very odd system if you ask me. Increase the dilithium amount and lower the amount of marks given to balance it out, don't mess up both sides lol.

*EDIT* Oh, but you could exchange those extra marks for dilithium, but until proven otherwise I'm going to believe it will be another rep project that takes 1day16 hours to complete.

I really want to like this new system, I really do. It looks cool and seems very polished UI wise, but the amounts are all crazy.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    allocater wrote: »
    A lot has been said about the math, but I feel a picture says more than 1000 words.

So think about what you can buy in the new system. Think about what you can buy after 141 ESTFs. Imagine you have the 8460 marks and the 141 emarks (and the 70k dilithium).

Did you picture it? How many weapons can you buy? 10? 20? How many sets? 1? 2?

Now check out what the old system gave:

http://i.imgur.com/nzWxA.jpg

mind=blown
    15 Proto Tech? That's not standard, That's mind boggleling lucky.

Yes, you loose the chance to win the jackpot. But the Devs don't care about losing the happiness of those extremely rare few who hit the jackpot. They care about gaining the happiness from the massive amounts of people who didn't win the jackpot (or rather, anything) in the old system.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It'll probably take a lot more then that now it's been bumped up to requiring 100,000 xp. That should take around 3 months.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    15 Proto Tech? That's not standard, That's mind boggleling lucky.

Ok, but even if you forget the sets. Just looking at the weapons is more than the new system will give. And I am still not sure the weapons will even be available in the new system.
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    It'll probably take a lot more then that now it's been bumped up to requiring 100,000 xp. That should take around 3 months.

lol yeah i have over 400 done, bearly managed to get the 2 ground sets and still havent a single engine drop for space. :rolleyes:

All the weapons you can afford are meaningless I only use one set and that can be achived quite fast, all the other TRIBBLE goes into dil conversion.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    graysock wrote: »
    lol yeah i have over 400 done, bearly managed to get the 2 ground sets and still havent a single engine drop for space. :rolleyes:

All the weapons you can afford are meaningless I only use one set and that can be achived quite fast, all the other TRIBBLE goes into dil conversion.

Now you have to wait 2+ months to be able to get that last piece of space.

Weapons are not going to easy to get under the new system, pending the standard weapons are available at all. Newbies are getting worked over if it goes live as it stands, and so are any new toons you roll.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not bad at all... but the most surprising thing, for me, is how many weapons you bought that use the most worthless energytype in the game. Why Tetryon, of all things?
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    allocater wrote: »

you know what blows my mind?

how you can play at all with such a tiny inventory / bank

i have 11 chars, and they all look like that -> http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/dmjp2rrd/slots.jpg

lol i even have more account bank slots than you have bank slots...
    i rly could not play like that :D

oh and here is my STF gear table:

http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/08xopt06/tech.jpg

= 23 Proto Tech drops... over 11 Characters, since the system launched,
    but 43 tech to go for at least one full XII ground+space set for every character.

all i wanted is the tech drops to be account bound, so i could put together what belongs together instead of having it scrambled over multiple chars. but no.

and for the record, i was playing those EliteSTFs very casually, and only got the *have to GRRIIIND* bug when i had 2/3 parts of a set completed on any character.

i know a dude who has 30 Characters or so and has them all fitted out with all Sets, but he is a STF nutjob, so, i would count that one as extreme.

IMHO, the dudes who do not have a single XII Set completed by now, will not get a XII set in the new system either, because those people complaining about it are the ones who don't play STFs enough anyway. (granted some MAY get sucked in now...)
    I believe that there is the random super unlucky guy, but i don't believe that all of the complainers on the Forums are just unlucky, i say half of them just don't have what it takes to complete EliteSTF runs and therefore start complaining about how hard it is.

I would bet half the people claiming that they have done thousands of runs, maybe FEEL like that, but when you look at the numbers they have maybe scratched 100 runs total, and half or more of them probably on normal.

Heck i ran into people complaining that they didn't get the Ground Weapon Tech but had multiple others, yet they avoided Cure Ground Elite, because they did not know how to beat Armek and did not know that the Weapon Tech ONLY drops there.

....but in the end, all the complaining won't help,
    they made that new system, it will come, some will love it some will hate it.

Fact of the matter is, they did not make that new system so the complainers could get their XII Helmets (of course that is a good PR line), they made it to remove Dilithium-FREE XII Gear from the game and monetize the STFs to have another Dilithium SINK in STO.

Which is ok too, i just don't like the PR BS telling us that WE ASKED FOR THIS.
    No we didn't, we asked for XII Sets for EDC, for Proto Tech to be Account Bound.
    Not for the Fleetbase Grind to be put into STFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]