test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Special Transporter effects

foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
I'd love to be able to use borg, breen, temporal or different era's of starfleet transporter effects.

THey can be zen unlocks or tied to accolades. I'd just really like to use some of the more interesting looking transporter effects.
Post edited by foundrelic on

Comments

• Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Buying it with zen would be fun, MOAR MONEY!!!

But having it as an accolade would be possible make more sense
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I jus thought about it one day.

My ship runs a LOT of the Borg set, I figured if all of that borg tech is installed why wouldn't it have an effect on your transporters?

Interior appearance mods would be nice too.
  • Options
    shinseialphashinseialpha Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    I jus thought about it one day.

My ship runs a LOT of the Borg set, I figured if all of that borg tech is installed why wouldn't it have an effect on your transporters?

Interior appearance mods would be nice too.
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    Buying it with zen would be fun, MOAR MONEY!!!

But having it as an accolade would be possible make more sense

Both good points and valid. its something i think which you can unlock to use but perhaps require something like module to activate it, that way cryptic will make some money and we work for it.
    =/\= Original STO (forum account) Name: Shinsei ~ Registration Date: July 2008 =/\=
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That's a good idea. I'd like the vertical beams of blue with speckles for fed (better than ours now), I'd like the red horizontal bars tha slide up and down for KDF (a la the TOS movies), the green beam for borg, and a few others. Check the TNG and see what effects the Andorians had, maybe, or the Cardassians, etc.

That would be a nice customization. That way my KDF can look like a KDF, my andorian fed would look like an andorian, etc.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Been brought up dozens of times, and they said maybe someday...when they have the tech. Right now its to hard to give each person a specialized beam out, its easier with faction specific.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,846 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah would be nice to get the tng or tng movie era transporter effects...wasn't a huge fan of the voyager ones they use in game now. Personally I thought it was kinda odd they chose that over all of the others there have been.
  • Options
    redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i think each faction should have a selection of its own from various eras (maybe tied to the uniform bundles?) each with it's own animation - so a kirk era one would pull out a communicator instead of tapping the chest - before beaming out. I suppose it would be added to the second page on the tailor where you choose the stance and so on. Might be cool. Beyond that, having different factions' transporters would be best linked, IMO, to the particular set your ship is using, like someone said. So, if you use the Breen set, your transporters are automatically changed (with an option to override this) in the same way your ship appearance changes - could even have MACO/Omega/KHG unique transporters too using this system.
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Borg beam-in/beam-out would be a FANTASTIC addition.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The one I really want is the Borg beaming effect from Enterprise. That greenish swirl.
  • Options
    captainlimcaptainlim Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1 agree. when we use the cardassian galors, the beam effect is still federation not cardassian. and jemhadar attack ship also had the same beam.:)