test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aceton Assimilators

stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
edited October 2012 in PvP Gameplay
These things basically negate most of the things that could and should be used to kill them. Heavy torpedoes and mines, the main sources of kinetic damage, are completely worthless. Is there anything that can be done on the developers end to fix that problem?
Post edited by stevehale on

Comments

• Options
    bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Only one assimilator out at a time imo. It's silly that they should be immune to energy damage but at least if there's one at a time it can slowly bleed to death from indirect fire. Otherwise it's too much of a time investment to focus on them.
  • Options
    shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited October 2012
    stevehale wrote: »
    These things basically negate most of the things that could and should be used to kill them. Heavy torpedoes and mines, the main sources of kinetic damage, are completely worthless. Is there anything that can be done on the developers end to fix that problem?
    High yield torpedo can take them out. Tractor beam repulsars can push them out of radiation range.

Sorry they ruin your tricobalt mine + dispersal pattern: beta spam strategy.

Everything has a counter, adapt or move the battle elsewhere.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I agree that the few direct damage counters to them should not be so easily overcome by the AA defenses.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    ghostyandfrostyghostyandfrosty Member Posts: 864
    edited October 2012

Dude, heavy torpedoes are negated on the field anyway by everything. Why are you even using them?

Quantums are the mainstay of Kinetic Damage, period.

Torp Spread 1 or 2 absolutely murders the assims.

To say nothing of TBR pushing them out of range or killing them when its' tac buffed, GW even murders them.
    PSW can even kill them (mark 3 anyway).

My comment about tric mines apply here, people stop being in Derp Mode, especially in FvK.
    FvF and FvK function differently. Trying to force the game into acting the same for both is why we got fed carriers in the first place. (a reprehensible decision if there ever was one)
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Steve needs to adapt and adjust. I'm tired of taking his tric mines against my unshielded, cloaked B'rel, but I'm not going to ask that they be nerfed. There are other things I can do to avoid them, if I decide it is worth making the change.

We all have our pet peeves, and just because we don't have enough BO slots to counter everything doesn't mean that your peeve should be the one getting nerfed.

Now, let's talk serial tractor beams....
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Grrr! Did someone mention tractor beams! I hate tractor beams. Steal my thunder Grrr!
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited October 2012
    It's not about adapting, it's about making sense. If quantums are the only thing worth using then something is wrong. It makes no sense for Aceton Assimilators to act as they are acting. It needs to be addressed.

Needs to adapt? At least tric mines, while in need of work, are free for all and easily countered (before all the p2w holds, drains and placates make them over powered). Seriously. Tell me some more about adapting.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited October 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Steve needs to adapt and adjust. I'm tired of taking his tric mines against my unshielded, cloaked B'rel, but I'm not going to ask that they be nerfed. There are other things I can do to avoid them, if I decide it is worth making the change.

We all have our pet peeves, and just because we don't have enough BO slots to counter everything doesn't mean that your peeve should be the one getting nerfed.

Now, let's talk serial tractor beams....

ummm there is no "adapting" to assimilators. they can ONLY be killed by torps, there can multiple on the field and they deal damage to heavy torps that try to take them out, effectivly nullfiying 3 torps from the game against them.

you cant adapt to that.

trics have tons of counters and tactics to be used to take them out.

assimilators have 2, select torps or staying away. and the staying away doesnt work because they can just drop more assimilators (like mines), staying away from mines usually doesnt work either but they have many other counters.

shockwave 3 used to be a counter, until it got heavy damage nerfed.

chain tractoring is a huge problem too, only made possible thanks to pets with them. that is not tractor beams fault but the pets fault.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It's not about adapting, it's about making sense. If quantums are the only thing worth using then something is wrong. It makes no sense for Aceton Assimilators to act as they are acting. It needs to be addressed.

Needs to adapt? At least tric mines, while in need of work, are free for all and easily countered (before all the p2w holds, drains and placates make them over powered). Seriously. Tell me some more about adapting.

Dude, quantums have been the only torp worth fielding for over 2 years now.
    This isn't anything new.

Though Trans Torps make a very strong second showing now if you are all consoled up with them.

Heavy Torps Suck. That's their role in life. To be Fail.

Grav wells, tac buffed tbr, (hell just auxed up TBR), quantums, tranny torps. Hell even Photon torps. All eat assims for breakfast. Even Peregrines (advanced Peregrines) eat them alive.

It's not like assims energy drain is even worthy of note either if you have PI. Their only perk is the murdering of tric mines, and misc spam.
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2012
    Mav, Aldo and I are trying to invite you to our MWO team. Look at the firggin' social button! ;)
  • Options
    aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Jorf and I are playing Mechwarrior right now...just sayin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2012
    Rosav finally noticed the team invite, so there's three of us. Man, they need to make a better notification for invites and messages.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    assimilators have 2, select torps or staying away. and the staying away doesnt work because they can just drop more assimilators (like mines), staying away from mines usually doesnt work either but they have many other counters.
    Tractor Beam Repulsars push them out of drain range. Possibly out of radiation damage.

You could also just ignore them, since the radiation damage probably doesn't even outpace shield regeneration.

Of course, if you're using mines, heavy torpedoes, or FAW....well, I guess you're SOL.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Rosav finally noticed the team invite, so there's three of us. Man, they need to make a better notification for invites and messages.

We had a rockin time last night. Oh, Jorf here's the card I'm eyeballing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130826

What do you think? Should I spend the 50 dollars more and get this instead?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130835

Do note I am still on a budget jorf :P

Or, I could skip out on getting the card and get my motherboard and ram. (I do have a quad core sitting on my shelf)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131754

which will get me from having 2.8ghz of dual core to 3.4 ghz of Quad Core processing, and from 4 gigs of DDR2 ram to

8 gigs of
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

The cost would be cheaper (thanks to having a donated quad on my shelf) to get the mobo and ram upgrade than it would be to get the 660s :P
  • Options
    broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    shookyang wrote: »
    High yield torpedo can take them out. Tractor beam repulsars can push them out of radiation range.

Sorry they ruin your tricobalt mine + dispersal pattern: beta spam strategy.

Everything has a counter, adapt or move the battle elsewhere.

right because everytome you move you hit into another aa because 1 guy can put out 2. that means in a 5 man team you have a total of 10 out. how do you sugest moving around the map? should be you cant put out another 1 till the one you have out got blown up
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    broken1981 wrote: »
    right because everytome you move you hit into another aa because 1 guy can put out 2. that means in a 5 man team you have a total of 10 out. how do you sugest moving around the map? should be you cant put out another 1 till the one you have out got blown up
    Do you really come across a 5 man team with everyone equipping Aceton Assimilators? Aceton Assimilators (if it comes from the same player) does not stack the drain (don't know if multiple players can stack the drain, but I doubt it). The only thing that does stack is the radiation damage it emits, which is very low damage and can be ignored (unless you hit it with an energy weapon). If you're hitting them with energy weapons, then a) why are you targeting them with energy weapons?, or b) that's your fault for using FAW or CSV.

As for moving around the map, I don't sit still when I fight. I'm not within an Assimilator's range for long.

If it's really that much of a problem, TBR will easily push them out of drain range.

If your entire strategy to win revolves around mines, then that's your problem to figure out a counter.

There are options. Use them.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wouldn't it be "special" if AA could proc the new stuff? :)
  • Options
    falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited October 2012
    Do like me and fire up a rapid fire and let loose 8 cannons on them. Trolling your own team is always good for some lulz
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    falloutx23 wrote: »
    Do like me and fire up a rapid fire and let loose 8 cannons on them. Trolling your own team is always good for some lulz

Kind of like the guy in the cruiser that uses FAW when there are 4+ AAs on the field?

Be that guy...be that guy...BE THAT GUY! :)
  • Options
    falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited October 2012
    Well, two of the top abilities listed to fight tric's are csv and FAW so AA's actually make tric'ers even more effective by either taking those ability off the table or making ppl do splash energy damage onto the AA's
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    falloutx23 wrote: »
    Well, two of the top abilities listed to fight tric's are csv and FAW so AA's actually make tric'ers even more effective by either taking those ability off the table or making ppl do splash energy damage onto the AA's

The same goes for AA being an effective means of countering danube spawn.

When I feel like I am being zealously target by TB, AA is very useful.

That is the only time I use it. Or when my angst is on high alert from chained AMS/VM (Dang! I've evil.)