test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tides of War - now recruiting! Mature gaming community

tigergtigerg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Earth Spacedock
Fellow Star Trek Online players:

Are you looking for a fleet and just can't quite find the right fit? Are you 30 years or older and looking for a mature fleet? Do you want to play with people you can call friend and not have the pressure of any mandatory in-game events? Are you an active player and looking to find a group with which to run the top-level missions? Are you a new player and want help learning the game and assistance in moving forward?

Tides of War is a gaming community of mature adults that aren't just fleet, guild, or squad mates, but like-minded individuals that become friends. MMORPGs are best played and enjoyed when playing as a team. Who better to play with as a team than a friend? We offer an inviting environment for both casual and very active players alike.

We are an active fleet and are recruiting new members! We do not have a level requirement and are excited to accept players from Lieutenant to Vice Admiral. We have interests in both PvE and PvP. We are increasing the number of coordinated fleet events but there is no pressure to participate. We frequently offer in-game contests for top-level gear as bounties for hard to find resources for the starbase. We actively run STFs and Fleet missions cooperatively. We have master crafters for those who would like an item but don't have the time or resources to max their crafting skills.

Our members have a wide array of interests in game.
- Do you enjoy crafting and exploration?
- Have a hankering for a good PvP battle or challenge?
- Working on getting that last piece of Mk XII STF gear?
- Looking for company while doing your dailies and mission replays?

We have fleet members that enjoy all those things - and more! It's hard to say a fleet is one size fits all, but our interests are both diverse and shared. You can play as much or as little as you like. We have some that can only play a few hours a week while others play daily.

Tides of War is more than just a fleet - we are a community. We have club members that play a variety of games. Look at our forums and see just how much fun you can have joining Tides of War. From Deepolis, to World of Tanks, to Call of Duty, to Battlefield 3, to Star Trek, and everywhere in between: Tides of War can be your home for friends with which to enjoy those games. Some people always say "There's an app for that." At Tides we can safely say "There's a member for that."

Contact us in-game, check out our website: http://tidesofwar.net/index.php, and join us on TeamSpeak 3 (you can click to join): [URL="ts3server://tidesofwar.net?cid=2341&nickname=STO_GUEST"]tidesofwar.net[/URL]

Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
@duke_tbar (Fleet Officer)
@CIAsniper (Fleet CO)
@sbe913 (Fleet XO)
Tigergixxer - Tides of War / Tides of War Club Member and Tides of War Fleet Counsel
Looking for a great community of friends to play Star Trek and many other games? We are a mature gaming community and welcoming new friends and members!
Visit our forums: http://tidesofwar.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tigerg on

Comments

• duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Fleet Status Update

Our Main SB info is as follows:

Tides of War 1
    Fleet Star-base current level: 48
    Mining T3 ( Complete )
    Embassy T3 ( Complete )
    Spire T3 ( Complete )
    SB is T5 ( Complete )
    R&D T1 ( Completing T1 now )

:)

We have SIX fleets in our system .. so which ever fleet fills your needs best.. is where you go to.. our system allows you to make the transfer easily and on your own. All Fleets are owned by Tides of War. CO's are appointed by the ToW Club.

Tides of War 1 - Armada Fed
    Tides of War 2 - Armada Klingon
    Tides of War 3 - Fed -
    Tides of War 4 - Klingon -
    Tides of War 5 - Fed -
    Tides of War 6 - Fed -

Contact us in-game, check out our website: http://tidesofwar.net/index.php.

Our Team Speak : tidesofwar.net no port, no pass .. go to Space-STO area or "Coffe Bar"
    Post edited by duketbar on
    @duketbar (Fleet Officer)
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • rodanizrodaniz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you promise me I can log in and not see a co-leader shouting about how no one is talking to them, cause the players are on a team in a Fleet event.. Contact me @Jigilo

Id like to have a chat :)
    edited September 2012
    Drop by our TS anytime, Tiger put a "click me " link for our TS in his post at the end. We have tried to contact you ... but not hit so far.
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
    edited September 2012
    Starbase Level 8.. and moving on
    Tides of War Website
  • stephen2310stephen2310 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hi i was in an fleet b4 ToW but not many played and i know ToW fleet anyway but was looking for an friendly and helpfull fleet were i would fit in and ToW was the place for me all members are very helpfull and friendly and all do work hard to keep the fleet good and happy for all members
  • bad4evrbad4evr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hello Trekkies! Im @bad4evr and I wish to share my personal testimony of ToW fleet. I joined September, 29 2012 and daily there's always someone on when I am. I enjoy the chat,and unlike most groups I have had the pleasure of playing with,ToW has a TeamSpeak 3 server. They are a kind and respectful people. Profanity isn't tolerated, and me personally, I have came to appreciate this factor of the ToW group. STF's are ran frequently. Episodes upon request..Ask and you shall be answered. Thanks ToW for the awesome fleet and company! :)
  • cotp0maurafeycotp0maurafey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good Morning!

I joined Tides of War after trying two other guilds; one full of TRIBBLE Jag officers who wanted to tell you how to speak, think, and play (12th-Fl...), and the other one packed their Teamspeak channel with Extremists plotting to kill the US President - ( Icarus El... ). Having run for the hills from those two misfit outfits, I dug a bit deeper and asked around more for information on good fleets. Tides of War kept being talked about positively, so I contact one of their representatives. What a pleasant conversation! On Teamspeak, these folks are well organized, mature, and experienced gamers, most having played STO for a long time. Their starbase is high tier, near the top of most large Fleets, and they have a dedicated group of core officers running the Fleet. We have run pvp nights, STO nights, taken on more members since I arrived, and are doing very well.

We are mostly on during USA / North American Time Zones during the week, and around the clock on the weekends, most of us are working stiffs, some are retired, some are independently wealthy, so a good mix of mature gamers.

I recommend the Tides of War to any mature gamer in STO, we also have other chapters in other games, so keep an eye for our name in the gaming universe.

Regards,

;)
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
  • mal00mal00 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Been part of ToW since just b4 season 3 never had any problems, the guys are always friendly and helpful whether your just a beginner or a Vet player.
    edited November 2012
    Had a good discussion with the team while running STFs, ToW has been fortunate to find a core of good, mature gamers, that work well as a team. We are mostly North American Time Zone folks, 18+ years of age, all on voice comms on our guilds own server. If you are of the same caliber, consider joining us.

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
    edited December 2012
    ToW is looking for a few more active players. We had a good night tonight on the fleet mark event. We coordinated well, hit level 5 with no deaths.

We are always on the look out for active, mature players that are willing and able to use our TeamSpeak voice comms server to coordinate with us on Events and PVP.

Look us up in game and contact a recruiter for more information.

Regards,

edited January 2013
    I want to say welcome and thank you to our newest member: Jukas1.
    Hailing from Eastern Europe, he is a great addition to our growing European Team.

If you are looking for a more active fleet with mature, english speakers, join us on our Teamspeak 3 server for PvE and PvP.

PM me for details in game: cotp0maurafey.

• jukas1jukas1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for invitation. Just want to make some correction. My nick is Jukas1 :)
    edited January 2013
    Roger that Jukas, twas a late night when I posted that!!

Tonight, we give a warm welcome to Rendar. Welcome aboard mate!
    Rendar is a returning STO player, with two characters under his belt, the second one rapidly approaching 50. He's just the type of player we want in our Fleet; mature, active, experienced, helpful.

Thanks for accepting our invitation Rendar.

To any other STO players out there, if you are still looking for an active fleet, with mature minded gamers, active in pve and on teamspeak voice comms, do consider joining us! Our starbase is doing well, as well as our KDF alternate fleet.

PM Maurafey, Tbar, or any of the other recruiters listed under our Fleet Advertisement in game. We look forward to working with you, and adding you to the team!!

Regards,

Maurafey.

edited January 2013
    Always on the look out for good players! Your level is not as important as your good attitude and team work ability!

• bbjlenonbbjlenon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am glad to be apart of this fleet. It was by chance that I was asking a question in world chat. Then one of the Tow members were kind enough to talk me thru my questions. After inviting me into this great fleet. Thank guys.
    Rendar
    edited February 2013
    Had a great conversation with Etymonia...decided to recruit him!
    Great guy, ex-military...oops, told ya, now I have ta kill ya 8-)

Looking forward to integrating him into the fleet, and getting him up to speed with all the new changes.

Tides of War is expanding, slowly and surely. Looking for good gamers, mature minded players, willing and able to get on our Teamspeak3 Server to run PVE/PVP.

Our Next PVP match is 2/10/13. I need more reputation!!! 8-)

Awesome!!!

• coldman25coldman25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thanks for the invite. I been with Tides of war for 3 weeks and been having a good time. thanks again for the invite :)
    edited March 2013
    Just a quick congrats to all our team on pushing far beyond T3 Star Base to about half way to T4 already!

Also congratulations to CIA Sniper for his promotion to Fleet Admiral. Woot!!!

Tides of War is always looking for good players, mature minded, experienced team mates, that like to have a good time in STO.

Look us up if you are interested in a new and active fleet.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sounds like an interesting fleet here, though i have to ask if TS3 is required to be a member

i used to use it, but it caused too many performance issues with my computer, so i uninstalled it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • johnnyelectricjohnnyelectric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Edit to my post as fleet found now :)

thanks
    Johnny
  • tigergtigerg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Updated contacts for fleet officers.
    Tigergixxer - Tides of War / Tides of War Club Member and Tides of War Fleet Counsel
    Looking for a great community of friends to play Star Trek and many other games? We are a mature gaming community and welcoming new friends and members!
    Visit our forums: http://tidesofwar.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xzadforxzadfor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm looking for a fleet. I haven't played in maybe 2 years and have several max characters at level for then (46).

I was in the 23rd fleet and play my Tac officer a lot. I was very into fleet ops and pvp but I'm looking for mature players (I'm 43) and people I can bounce questions off of, the game has changed and become intimidatingly complicated - but I would not be a question a minute person. I'm hoping for advice on builds, what's the best weapons (ship and ground) and so on.

Please contact me if you think I will fit in or for an interview. I can use any Voip gamer software.

Thank you.

@Ballerinaman

Xzadfor
    edited April 2013
    Hi There,

Using TS3 is not required, but to be honest, we don't do chat typing, we all speak on and coordinate through Teamspeak3. TS3 has proven very stable for a long time now, perhaps you had an older version?

If we can get in contact, perhaps we can iron out the issues. I have friend requested you on the forums, will try to find you in game.

Regards,

PS: Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been sick with the flu. :eek:
    sounds like an interesting fleet here, though i have to ask if TS3 is required to be a member

i used to use it, but it caused too many performance issues with my computer, so i uninstalled it

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi There,

Using TS3 is not required, but to be honest, we don't do chat typing, we all speak on and coordinate through Teamspeak3. TS3 has proven very stable for a long time now, perhaps you had an older version?

If we can get in contact, perhaps we can iron out the issues. I have friend requested you on the forums, will try to find you in game.

Regards,

PS: Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been sick with the flu. :eek:
    sorry, but using TS3 exclusively at the expense of the game's provided chat system is the same as requiring its use in my eyes, and i flat out refuse to use it

i guess i'll just have to keep looking
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited April 2013
    Okay mate, I'll start trying to locate you in the game as of today.
    Please contact me if you think I will fit in or for an interview. I can use any Voip gamer software.

Thank you. @Ballerinaman Xzadfor

edited April 2013
    Evening folks! As the time draws nearer for the Romulan Legacy / Expansion coming in May, Tides of War continues to recruit, looking for mature players, willing to join us and use Teamspeak3 for voice comms to coordinate our PVE/PVP matches.

Though much of recruiting occurs in game, we do check the forums for players looking for new fleet.

To contact us the fastest, go to a mail box, and message one of the contacts listed on this recruitment thread, and or try to contact us directly in game. We are usually around throughout the day, and prime time is Eastern through Pacific time zone.

Look forward to hearing from you!

edited April 2013
    Thank God It's Friday Bump!
    We've been having fun playing with the new Romulans, and have a long way to go before exploring it all. Come join us! Fed, KDF, or Romulan. Contact any of our officers listed on the front page. :D

edited June 2013
    This passed weekend concluded two fleet events for us. We competed agains another fleet in pvp, and we ran a no win scenario run.

Grabbed a couple new members on the KDF side over the weekend, and always looking for more active players to join us on our TeamSpeak3 server.

Contact us in game if you are looking for a new fleet!

edited July 2013
    Welcome aboard Alurict!!
    Alurict@Alurict, Central TZ, 22+, plays morning and nights, Level 50 green. Has a good ship and gear, still open to suggestions. Say hello when you see him, ask him to join TS to do some STFs, and all good.
    Glad to have you aboard, will work on getting with you when I return from my weekend getaway. 8-)

edited December 2013
    This Sunday, our No-Win Scenario team almost defeated wave 8, so close! Good work to all! Ydde, Dack, Ler, Sebot, Maura. We'll get it next time!

Saturday was our fleet match against another friendly fleet. We have fought them before, and usually been short best 2 out of 3. This weekend, we were able to pull ahead and stay ahead, winning the first 2 rounds. Excellent job team! Tbar, Ydde, Maura, and more, all did an excellent job.

If you are interested in joining an active fleet, we are always looking for mature minded members, family friendly TS3 Server is available for voice chat always.

Let our officer's know if you are interested.

Regards,

Maurahttp://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/buttons/submit_reply.gif