test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's the "Trek Style" melee moves??

jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey everyone,

So I think I posted about this in the first year of STO (I don't remember exactly), but I think it's worth bringing up: where's the "Trek Style" melee moves?

I think people know what I'm talking about - I'm saying the TNG-era fighting style with the clasped hands, etc. Even a TOS neck-chop would be nice!

How awesome would that be? You stun your enemy with an open-handed palm strike, chop him/her in the neck, then finish it off with a clasped-hands strike to their back. Now that's some Trek Style fighting!

All I've seen so far is the "Kirk Running Jump Kick" - has anyone else seen any other "Trek Style" melee moves?

I know this is a little thing, but it would really help immersion for me. What about you guys?

Any comments/responses are welcomed! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
Post edited by jonbre on

Comments

• highcasualtyratehighcasualtyrate Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Those belong to the Tac officer. Tac officer has melee ground abiliy that has the round house kick, two hands together fist smack, and the James T. kirk drop kick. They actually do alot of damage when timed right.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been asking for this for awhile. Cryptic has been saying that they are going to include abilities as rewards from the reputation system, so why not melee attacks?
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh man I'd love to see the two-fists-together smack!! Does anyone have a .gif of that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tac has had these from launch with the close combat kit. You get a neck chop, double fist, and the infamous Kirk Lunge Kick that disables both parties.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • lysandriuslysandrius Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You need to read this thread. And then memorize it. Or print it out. Most, if not all of these moves are available as combos, and any class can do them. Tacticals are just a bit more effective.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2012
    What about the caption Kirk fighting music !
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    While we're at it with the hoaky-completely-useless-anybody-with-actual-training-could-easily counter-the-telegraphed-moves suggestions, lets throw in picking up and throwing styrofoam rocks TRIBBLE.

Oh and the really... slow... gorn... punches...

Or how about no?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think everyone is able to do the Geordie Barrel-roll dodge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Yes, just double tap in a given direction. Kirk did it first in Trek, actually.

You don't suppose the Arwing Fighters were actually designed by Geordie, considering the barrel roll dodge, do you?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I once suggested the Geordie roll as the forward roll animation for Engineers. Still would like to see it. :D:P
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I once suggested the Geordie roll as the forward roll animation for Engineers. Still would like to see it. :D:P

This plz ^